British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Is Ully and Wright meant to be somewhere else as well ?

Yep - Wolverhampton 

• Thanks 1

One would hope commonsense will prevail and the riders can ride in a cup final as opposed to a totally meaningless match!!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Yep - Wolverhampton 

Wolverhampton moved there meeting from today to next Sunday partly because of rider availability. By the regulations Championship teams get priority on a Sunday. One would hope the relevant authorities stick by that. But don't hold your breath. The wolves meeting is essentially a nothing fixture (supporters cup, already won by Swindon I believe).

10 minutes ago, northyorksbear said:

One would hope commonsense will prevail and the riders can ride in a cup final as opposed to a totally meaningless match!!

Don't think it will be meaningless to Peterborough fans, but it does look like a bit of a mess.

1 hour ago, bigred said:

Both Max and Danny are down to ride in the NLRC at scunny next Sunday,who gets the priority ? 

No doubt that will be subject to some serious negotiation. By rights, as NeilWatson says the NDRC gets priority As stated in Reg 19.7.3.

However Reg 19.7.4 It is mandatory for riders to appear in the NDL 4TT, NDL BP and NDLRC; riders will be
suspended from their next 2 Home Meetings in contravention, subject to the Directors
confirmation.
Since belle Vue and Cradley have finished it's going to be difficult to enforce. The NDRC has already been postponed twice (when both riders WERE available. I'm sure there have been instances in the past where riders have missed a re-arranged NDL shared event to ride dor there senior team. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, northyorksbear said:

When the precedent was set to allow Richard Lawson to ride for Ipswich rather than Eastbourne, Eastbourne reported that “The usual protocols that guarantee that Premier have protected fixtures on a Monday and Thursday, and Championship have priority on all other days, have been rescinded and amended by the BSPA as an exception in the interests of the sport.”

As you say, commonsense has Wright and Ostergaard in the North East if the cup final goes ahead next Sunday (it's currently a provisional fixture), but we will have to wait and see!

theres nothing happening anywhere tomorrow and the forecast is good.... i know Brough crowds are meant to be worse on Mondays, but for a cup final?

53 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

When the precedent was set to allow Richard Lawson to ride for Ipswich rather than Eastbourne, Eastbourne reported that “The usual protocols that guarantee that Premier have protected fixtures on a Monday and Thursday, and Championship have priority on all other days, have been rescinded and amended by the BSPA as an exception in the interests of the sport.”

As you say, commonsense has Wright and Ostergaard in the North East if the cup final goes ahead next Sunday (it's currently a provisional fixture), but we will have to wait and see!

What about Clegg and Phillis ?,,, that would be my concern.

2 hours ago, northyorksbear said:

One would hope common sense would have prevailed and the riders can ride in both but I somehow doubt it.

Edited by bigcatdiary
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ch958 said:

theres nothing happening anywhere tomorrow and the forecast is good.... i know Brough crowds are meant to be worse on Mondays, but for a cup final?

Do you think they could salvage the track and get the staff in to do what needs to be done ?

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

What about Clegg and Phillis ?,,, that would be my concern.

The rules state the NDLRC takes priority. What will actually happen remains to be seen.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Do you think they could salvage the track and get the staff in to do what needs to be done ?

possibly with a full dry day

• Like 1

3 hours ago, leander said:

Wolverhampton moved there meeting from today to next Sunday partly because of rider availability. By the regulations Championship teams get priority on a Sunday. One would hope the relevant authorities stick by that. But don't hold your breath. The wolves meeting is essentially a nothing fixture (supporters cup, already won by Swindon I believe).

Like they did with Stevie Worrall?

I wouldn't trust any rules, as they seem to be able to change them at a drop of a hat (in the interest of the sport, of course).

• Like 2

Ben Morley missed a match at Peterborough for Lakeside last year to ride in the NLRC, wasnt it Josh Pickering that guested to score around 8pts when Morley got zero on his previous visit to the showground