British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

What about Clegg and Phillis ?,,, that would be my concern.

100% won't be at the NDLRC.

• Thanks 1

It also has to be remembered that if rain forces the postponement of Glasgow or Leicester rounds of Championship final the restaging date is Sunday which then also rules Nicholls,Proctor and Douglas out of the Wolves fixture and Perks,Bickley,Bailey and  Lawlor out of National League final 

15 minutes ago, flagrag said:

It also has to be remembered that if rain forces the postponement of Glasgow or Leicester rounds of Championship final the restaging date is Sunday which then also rules Nicholls,Proctor and Douglas out of the Wolves fixture and Perks,Bickley,Bailey and  Lawlor out of National League final 

In that scenario I agree the senior riders should be available to their CL Clubs, but the NDL riders should not, according to the rulebook.....

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

When the precedent was set to allow Richard Lawson to ride for Ipswich rather than Eastbourne, Eastbourne reported that “The usual protocols that guarantee that Premier have protected fixtures on a Monday and Thursday, and Championship have priority on all other days, have been rescinded and amended by the BSPA as an exception in the interests of the sport.”

As you say, commonsense has Wright and Ostergaard in the North East if the cup final goes ahead next Sunday (it's currently a provisional fixture), but we will have to wait and see!

The Newcastle fixture is now confirmed on Sunday 20th October.

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

And clegg

4 hours ago, ch958 said:

theres nothing happening anywhere tomorrow and the forecast is good.... i know Brough crowds are meant to be worse on Mondays, but for a cup final?

The track was still soacked down to the base before the heavy rain fell today so it would've been very difficult to run a meeting tomorrow fit for racing,,

• Like 1

5 hours ago, highside said:

will the 90th anniversary meeting go ahead ?

It is in the fixture list on the BSPA website that it will go ahead (weather permitting) on 27th October (6.30pm).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

It is in the fixture list on the BSPA website that it will go ahead (weather permitting) on 27th October (6.30pm).

I therefore assume that the meeting will be packed with riders who usually grace the GP's, SEC or Polish top divisions as if not, you ask the question, why was this meeting not staged during the summer when we had great weather and no fixtures?

Bears website confirms that Charles Wright will be riding for Redcar on Sunday but doesn't say if Ellis still guests in replace of MPT.

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

I therefore assume that the meeting will be packed with riders who usually grace the GP's, SEC or Polish top divisions as if not, you ask the question, why was this meeting not staged during the summer when we had great weather and no fixtures?

It'll certainly be packed with riders & I suppose if anybody wants to see top riders I'm sure the promotion would be very grateful for any donations ( sponsorship wise to attract GP SEC or POLISH top riders ) to help with the huge costs.. 

47 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Bears website confirms that Charles Wright will be riding for Redcar on Sunday but doesn't say if Ellis still guests in replace of MPT.

& Ully & clegg & Phillips will ride for the diamonds

1 hour ago, diamond@heart said:

Just to jog your memory: 

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100992

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

It'll certainly be packed with riders & I suppose if anybody wants to see top riders I'm sure the promotion would be very grateful for any donations ( sponsorship wise to attract GP SEC or POLISH top riders ) to help with the huge costs.. 

I would hope so, but will they be quality riders or the best of a bad bunch as has been the case in previous years!!  We already know 7 of the riders, I just hope the other 9 offer some quality.  We wait and see, but see my comment below, probs won't make any difference to me as I probably won't be there due to other commitments on the revised date!!! :angry:

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

My memory is fine, but my point is we had plenty of opportunities when we had no speedway on weekends when the meeting could have been staged or other meetings staged.  I also not the line "This scenario just makes us more determined to put on something special later on in the season."  My concern is that if the lineup is s***e, people will not bother especially if the weather is poor as it often is this time of year.  I was able to make the original staging and the revised one but am struggling to make the new date, which kinda p****s me off.  BUt you can't please everyone.

6 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

I would hope so, but will they be quality riders or the best of a bad bunch as has been the case in previous years!!  We already know 7 of the riders, I just hope the other 9 offer some quality.  We wait and see, but see my comment below, probs won't make any difference to me as I probably won't be there due to other commitments on the revised date!!! :angry:

My memory is fine, but my point is we had plenty of opportunities when we had no speedway on weekends when the meeting could have been staged or other meetings staged.  I also not the line "This scenario just makes us more determined to put on something special later on in the season."  My concern is that if the lineup is s***e, people will not bother especially if the weather is poor as it often is this time of year.  I was able to make the original staging and the revised one but am struggling to make the new date, which kinda p****s me off.  BUt you can't please everyone.

Ben Barker, Tero Aarnio, Richard Lawson & Lewis Kerr have agreed to ride in the 90th anniversary meeting.