British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

Club information statement

After the disappointment of the weather intervening in the much anticipated local derby Cup Final 2nd leg at Newcastle Speedway on Sunday both the Newcastle Boiler Technical Services Diamonds and the Redcar Bears are all set do battle once again this coming Sunday, October 20th to decide who will be the 2019 Knock Out Cup winners.

With Redcar holding a 12 point lead from the first leg on Teesside there was much anticipation for a thrilling second leg only for the awful autumn weather to intervene.

All that has done though is to further heighten the expected anticipation as the two local teams battle it out in this major final for the first time.

The action gets under way at the Newcastle Stadium (Brough Park) this coming Sunday at 6.30pm and Newcastle team boss George English says that his team is ready for the challenge.

English said: "at the commencement of this Final we were the underdogs but that is something we have been throughout the whole of this competition and we love nothing better than proving the doubters wrong."

He went on: "Redcar have had a superb season and they are rightly the favourites however that suits us down to the ground, two horse races often end up with a surprise result, we are more than capable of producing a fine performance and coming out on top.

"No matter what the outcome on Sunday evening, for which both teams are expected to be the same as last Sunday, north east sports fans are in for a real treat."

With the Cup Final taking place this Sunday the clubs 90th Anniversary meeting will now be staged on Sunday October 27th.

As well as the Diamonds the likes of Ben Barker, Tero Aarnio, Richard Lawson and Lewis Kerr have already accepted bookings to take part in the celebrations which will highlight a famous name of Newcastle’s past as the 6 pairs in the meeting will be named after a famous face of the different decades.

For example the Pairing representing the 60’s is of course named after Ivan Mauger and each pair will be racing in specially designed race jackets which supporters can bid for in the auction after the meeting.

As well as senior riders the future is represented by the youngsters whose races will be interspersed into the main action.

It is also hoped that some vintage machines will be on display and they will no doubt be looked over by the welcome appearance of former Newcastle riders.

There are still limited sponsorship opportunities for this special night with Pairs available at £390 and individual riders at £90, the packages for each include some very special items.

Anyone interested in assisting at this meeting can contact Newcastle Speedway executive, Steve Brock via

Email at info@newcastlediamonds.co

Wonder if Ludde will be there, as he has served the Diamonds for the majority of the last decade ?

• Like 1

Well, I hope the cup match is run next Sunday as (I suspect like some others) I'll be away on 27th - it's half term.

I wouldn't have attended the 90th anniversary meeting anyway after the fiasco around the first date for it.

One way or another, for me it feels as though the season ended weeks ago: in fact, I'm not sure it ever really got started.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StevePark said:

It is in the fixture list on the BSPA website that it will go ahead (weather permitting) on 27th October (6.30pm).

There is a fun fair at brough during half term holidays will this have any effect on the speedway ?

13 minutes ago, highside said:

There is a fun fair at brough during half term holidays will this have any effect on the speedway ?

I wouldn't have thought so.  The only thing is that there will be no/little car park space, but we had that issue a few weeks ago when the circus was there.  I am sure the club will issue a statement before the meeting (possibly during the KO Cup Final match the week before?).

Help required 

Any pubs in Newcastle that will have the speedway on tomorrow . 

21 hours ago, StevePark said:

Club information statement

After the disappointment of the weather intervening in the much anticipated local derby Cup Final 2nd leg at Newcastle Speedway on Sunday both the Newcastle Boiler Technical Services Diamonds and the Redcar Bears are all set do battle once again this coming Sunday, October 20th to decide who will be the 2019 Knock Out Cup winners.

With Redcar holding a 12 point lead from the first leg on Teesside there was much anticipation for a thrilling second leg only for the awful autumn weather to intervene.

All that has done though is to further heighten the expected anticipation as the two local teams battle it out in this major final for the first time.

The action gets under way at the Newcastle Stadium (Brough Park) this coming Sunday at 6.30pm and Newcastle team boss George English says that his team is ready for the challenge.

English said: "at the commencement of this Final we were the underdogs but that is something we have been throughout the whole of this competition and we love nothing better than proving the doubters wrong."

He went on: "Redcar have had a superb season and they are rightly the favourites however that suits us down to the ground, two horse races often end up with a surprise result, we are more than capable of producing a fine performance and coming out on top.

"No matter what the outcome on Sunday evening, for which both teams are expected to be the same as last Sunday, north east sports fans are in for a real treat."

With the Cup Final taking place this Sunday the clubs 90th Anniversary meeting will now be staged on Sunday October 27th.

As well as the Diamonds the likes of Ben Barker, Tero Aarnio, Richard Lawson and Lewis Kerr have already accepted bookings to take part in the celebrations which will highlight a famous name of Newcastle’s past as the 6 pairs in the meeting will be named after a famous face of the different decades.

For example the Pairing representing the 60’s is of course named after Ivan Mauger and each pair will be racing in specially designed race jackets which supporters can bid for in the auction after the meeting.

As well as senior riders the future is represented by the youngsters whose races will be interspersed into the main action.

It is also hoped that some vintage machines will be on display and they will no doubt be looked over by the welcome appearance of former Newcastle riders.

There are still limited sponsorship opportunities for this special night with Pairs available at £390 and individual riders at £90, the packages for each include some very special items.

Anyone interested in assisting at this meeting can contact Newcastle Speedway executive, Steve Brock via

Email at info@newcastlediamonds.co

So would anyone like to guess who each rider will be from each decade, if we have one from each decade, does that mean we will only have a 12 man field?

My guesses are:

60 - already stated as Mauger

70 - no idea before my time

80 - Owen, but what about Hunter

90 - Interesting as I would say Bargh, but what about Pedersen (Nicki) or Thorpe

00 - Olsen or Pedersen

10 - Larsen, Bach, Worral or Robson

2 minutes ago, diamond@heart said:

So would anyone like to guess who each rider will be from each decade, if we have one from each decade, does that mean we will only have a 12 man field?

My guesses are:

60 - already stated as Mauger

70 - no idea before my time

80 - Owen, but what about Hunter

90 - Interesting as I would say Bargh, but what about Pedersen (Nicki) or Thorpe

00 - Olsen or Pedersen

10 - Larsen, Bach, Worral or Robson

Which one? LOL.  I reckon Tom for the 70's and Joe for the 80's.

A coincidence you mention Rod Hunter.  He features in this weeks "A Walk in the Park."

37 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Which one? LOL.  I reckon Tom for the 70's and Joe for the 80's.

A coincidence you mention Rod Hunter.  He features in this weeks "A Walk in the Park."

Your probs right about Owen, as in Tom for the 70's and Joe the 80's, to be fair you could nominate quite a few for the 80's in my opinion, Emerson, Beaton, Blackadder, Bloxsome et al.

19 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Well, I hope the cup match is run next Sunday as (I suspect like some others) I'll be away on 27th - it's half term.

I wouldn't have attended the 90th anniversary meeting anyway after the fiasco around the first date for it.

One way or another, for me it feels as though the season ended weeks ago: in fact, I'm not sure it ever really got started.

Bit of doom & gloom in the phrase there TG

18 hours ago, Ajr said:

Help required 

Any pubs in Newcastle that will have the speedway on tomorrow . 

You could try south gosforth social club 

1 hour ago, pienpeesman said:

Tha probly just keeping in line with the general theme of the thread ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

You could try south gosforth social club 

Thanks pieenpeesman, I'm staYing in freemans so have invested in a dongle. Should be able to watch it now as I have bt mobile

4 hours ago, pienpeesman said:

Yes, sorry.

I may be in a minority but for me this season has been pretty dull, largely I think because in my eyes this isn’t a Newcastle team. Maybe we’ve been fortunate in the past, I don’t know. 

Nevertheless, IGWT - I m sure he has a cunning plan to win us the cup!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Yes, sorry.

I may be in a minority but for me this season has been pretty dull, largely I think because in my eyes this isn’t a Newcastle team. Maybe we’ve been fortunate in the past, I don’t know. 

Nevertheless, IGWT - I m sure he has a cunning plan to win us the cup!

Yeah..... win by more than 12....... :P  :lol: