British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

15 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Yes, sorry.

I may be in a minority but for me this season has been pretty dull, largely I think because in my eyes this isn’t a Newcastle team. Maybe we’ve been fortunate in the past, I don’t know. 

Nevertheless, IGWT - I m sure he has a cunning plan to win us the cup!

Honestly

I don't think you are in a minority to be fair and I certainly agree with you that its been duller than a "rainy day in Gateshead" at times; however what I cant understand is when you state "in my eyes this isn’t a Newcastle team" which I find a strange comment (although I agree again)

However we have what I would consider as standard Newcastle fair with three Danes; a Worrall; Cleggy and Wethers who we know from old and young Phillips the promoters son who again we have had for a couple of years now but again I find myself agreeing with you and the team just doesn't seem to be right but what is the problem; as it is; as suggest; "a very typical looking" Newcastle side;

I cant put my finger on it; because as I have posted on previous occasions this isn't a bad looking team on paper but it just hasn't seemed to gel whatsoever; but who would you have preferred to see in the team; the rider or riders that you feel would have sorted that feeling of distance (for want of a better word) out and made it feel more of a usual Newcastle side;

Personally for me it would have  been nice to have a showman; someone like Jason Garritty someone with a bit of edge and brashness who can stir things up a bit and to be honest I thought Baby Bjerre would have offered that edge but it just has not happened and the team seems a bit flat and to continue the "Terrace Grumbler love in" and agreeing again I definitely think we have been spoilt in the past.

Strange to say the least...

However it would be nice to see if we could pull off a victory in the cup against Redcar and reel in those 12 points to get something out of a season that offered so much promise at the start and ended up feeling rather deflated and flat by the end

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Missed out word
  • Like 1

Looking at the weather forecast, this meeting may be in some danger of not running again, which basically does not leave many dates to hold this second leg, :(.

47 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

I don't think you are in a minority to be fair and I certainly agree with you that its been duller than a "rainy day in Gateshead" at times; however what I cant understand is when you state "in my eyes this isn’t a Newcastle team" which I find a strange comment (although I agree again)

However we have what I would consider as standard Newcastle fair with three Danes; a Worrall; Cleggy and Wethers who we know from old and young Phillips the promoters son who again we have had for a couple of years now but again I find myself agreeing with you and the team just doesn't seem to be right but what is the problem; as it is; as suggest; "a very typical looking" Newcastle side;

I cant put my finger on it; because as I have posted on previous occasions this isn't a bad looking team on paper but it just hasn't seemed to gel whatsoever; but who would you have preferred to see in the team; the rider or riders that you feel would have sorted that feeling of distance (for want of a better word) out and made it feel more of a usual Newcastle side;

Personally for me it would have  been nice to have a showman; someone like Jason Garritty someone with a bit of edge and brashness who can stir things up a bit and to be honest I thought Baby Bjerre would have offered that edge but it just has not happened and the team seems a bit flat and to continue the "Terrace Grumbler love in" and agreeing again I definitely think we have been spoilt in the past.

However it would be nice to see if we could pull off a victory in the cup against Redcar and reel in those 12 points to get something out of a season that offered so much promise at the start and ended up feeling rather deflated and flat by the end

Regards
THJ

Maybe the team doesn't look very Lindgreny ;)

or was it the lack of returning riders that made it not Newcastly. Not sure how our original line up would have faired compared to what we got, but I don't think it would have done much better IMO.

too many inconsistencies within the team I think.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Coraldon said:

Looking at the weather forecast, this meeting may be in some danger of not running again, which basically does not leave many dates to hold this second leg, :(.

Dunno what would happen in that case.

Would the Bears win it by DEFAULT?

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 minutes ago, bigred said:

Apparently no wrighty or ully for this Sunday. 

The Bears website said that Wright (and therefore I assume Ully) will be riding as Championship takes priority on a Sunday.

4 minutes ago, bigred said:

So where does this piece of information come from?

7 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

The Bears website said that Wright (and therefore I assume Ully) will be riding as Championship takes priority on a Sunday.

We (both teams) are in the Championship? DOH!!!

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

We (both teams) are in the Championship? DOH!!!

Regards
THJ

Lost me there I'm afraid.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bigred said:

4 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

4 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Lost me there I'm afraid.

Honestly

My fault totally I lost myself there DOH!!!

I miss read or miss interpreted your response to bigred

I thought like most Redcar fans you were talking hydraulics but obviously you weren't so sincere apologies (should never prejudge)

I thought you got your Premiership and Championship mixed up and were trying to say that they would be missing because the Premiership had priority when clearly you were correct now I have read the thing again and made a total tool of myself (not for the first time) Sorry....

Never mind I will go away now...

Note to self "don't try and do two things at the same time, concentrate on the job at hand, read slower and understand the response to the response before you respond.... Argggghhhhhh!

Sorry I'm having a bad day... 

Regards
THJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

No worries THJ, had me doubting I’d called “our” league the right name for a moment when I read your initial response.

• Haha 1

Peterborough have announced their team for Sunday with Richard Lawson at 1 and Kyle Newman at 6.

7 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

And the revised NDL Riders championship line-up does not include Max or Danny so Newcastle are unchanged. The only question mark, unless I've missed it, is Redcar's guest for MPT.

14 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Regards
THJ

Thank you THJ, thoughtful as ever. 

I can’t really put my finger on it either. But I’ll have a go ...

- We were Steve Worrall’s second choice in the CL and perhaps on occasion that has showed;

- I’m not sure Bjerre’s heart is in it sometimes;

- Barker for Jorgensen would have been a good move (although I appreciate BB seems to bring a lot of baggage with him) 

Having said all that, Clegg, Wethers and especially Ostergaard have been good value.

Also, the fragmented nature of the season hasn’t helped.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Coraldon said:

how about being proactive and changing to what looks like a dry Monday now rather than later