British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

13 hours ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Thank you THJ, thoughtful as ever. 

I can’t really put my finger on it either. But I’ll have a go ...

- We were Steve Worrall’s second choice in the CL and perhaps on occasion that has showed;

- I’m not sure Bjerre’s heart is in it sometimes;

- Barker for Jorgensen would have been a good move (although I appreciate BB seems to bring a lot of baggage with him) 

Having said all that, Clegg, Wethers and especially Ostergaard have been good value.

Also, the fragmented nature of the season hasn’t helped.  

If we are at tapes in 2020 and based on our lineup this year, I would ditch the lot with the exception of Clegg, Ully and Wethers and start again.

Worrall - shadow of the rider we know he is and can be, seems to not have recovered from the broken leg.

Bjerre - was expecting big things from him but his heart just doesn't seem in it and never got over early season bike problems.

Jorgensen - amazes me how he can score 5 for us one day and 12 for Kings Lynn the next, relies on his gating far too much, especially around Brough.

Phillips - where do we start, actually let just not.

I would take Steve back if we could team him up with his brother but highly umlikely.

Replacements - Barker, no thanks, too much baggage, Garrity - yes but always seems to get injured.  Alot will depend on budget and points limit, so your guess is as good as mine.

• Like 2

To bring this topic back on track, I can only speculate that the Bears are waiting on the Premiership final tonight, to make sure Adam Ellis is fit to ride for us on Sunday??????:cheers:..

7 hours ago, ch958 said:

how about being proactive and changing to what looks like a dry Monday now rather than later

Try and keep up.

Newcastles staff/ volunteers and most importantly the Track Curator, and possibly the stadium , are not available on a ' work ' day at short notice.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ch958 said:

how about being proactive and changing to what looks like a dry Monday now rather than later

If it was Monday I don't think I could make it, but don't all cheer at once.

28 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Try and keep up.

Newcastles staff/ volunteers and most importantly the Track Curator, and possibly the stadium , are not available on a ' work ' day at short notice.

well what is there alternative night? Mondays!! its not short notice its 5 days away. You keep up, patronising get, I'm just trying to be realistic - Sunday looks crap

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ch958 said:

Yes. Plenty of time for weather forecast changes. Given my past position, I still look at 4 weather sites from Wednesday onwards for each meeting. 

3 hours ago, ch958 said:

well what is there alternative night? Mondays!! its not short notice its 5 days away. You keep up, patronising get, I'm just trying to be realistic - Sunday looks crap

Charming but then you always have been .

If I went into work and said I want a day off with less than five days notice I suspect the answer would be no as not enough notice.

and your not being realistic. Redcar would not call a meeting off this far in advance and neither will Newcastle. I have no doubt that alternatives are being looked at but let's leave it to the clubs to sort out shall we.

38 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Yes. Plenty of time for weather forecast changes. Given my past position, I still look at 4 weather sites from Wednesday onwards for each meeting. 

Do you still check the barometer Dave? ;)

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

Nah, it got knacked. Settle for Apps, more accurate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Charming but then you always have been .

If I went into work and said I want a day off with less than five days notice I suspect the answer would be no as not enough notice.

and your not being realistic. Redcar would not call a meeting off this far in advance and neither will Newcastle. I have no doubt that alternatives are being looked at but let's leave it to the clubs to sort out shall we.

yes  - i would be charming if you showed some respect. I'm happy to hear other opinions but not to be patronised. I think you'll find i usually. treat others with respect on here

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

more accurate,,, how come you need 4? ;)

10 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

more accurate,,, how come you need 4? ;)

one for sun , one for wind , one for rain and one for snow :D

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

4 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Honestly

He says owt... Apps... ask their lass he's got a string of seaweed hanging at the back door.... there all the same that Whitley Bay lot.... bladder wort.... the seaside's bubble wrap that doubles up as a weather predictor...

And Apps!!! Apps... lol... ave seen his phone... it's like a council clemmy with buttons...

Tres 21st century there like Dave... Apps... PMSL...

Regards 

THJ 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Coraldon said:

To bring this topic back on track, I can only speculate that the Bears are waiting on the Premiership final tonight, to make sure Adam Ellis is fit to ride for us on Sunday??????:cheers:..

Nope.

Lewi Kerr guests

12 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Nope.

Lewi Kerr guests

Honestly

That is an inspired guest... Lewi is flying and certainly knows his way around Brough...

Definite improvement on Adam Ellis... makes them even stronger...

Redcar really going for this...

Regards

THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 1