British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

26 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

However in my opinion our 90th Anniversary meeting being attempted so late in the season because of the earlier cancelation is ridiculous!

I have a feeling that the anniversary meeting was never going to happen anyway.

It's half term next week so I won't have the opportunity to pay to use my season ticket for the cup final, and our season is therefore over unless we go to the Silver Helmet meeting (which might be a good idea).

It just feels shabby, somehow, but I do hope the cup match is run next week.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, foamfence said:

This is a farce, Newcastle should have to forfeit the leg or it should be declared a draw.

Why ? It's only a few weeks ago that Redcar apparently wouldn't come to Brough aa it meant 3 meetings in 3 days. Southern Tours used to be longer than that. :o

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tsunami said:

Why ? It's only a few weeks ago that Redcar apparently wouldn't come to Brough aa it meant 3 meetings in 3 days. Southern Tours used to be longer than that. :o

Why can't the meeting be held on another race day? We already have people suggesting it might be next year!

50 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

I would say on this matter Newcastle speedway are NOT to blame as it was only a few weeks ago when yourselves and Eastbourne got around to completing your Legs.

I agree that Newcastle are NOT to blame. Bad weather is not Newcastle's fault. If however you wish to apportion blame to Redcar for the farcical situation we find ourselves in due to the delay in running the SF against Eastbourne then I would just like to say that it takes 2 to Tango, and 2 teams to run 2 semi finals. Perhaps Redcar were NOT entirely to blame either!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Why can't the meeting be held on another race day? We already have people suggesting it might be next year!

Our alternative day is Monday, and the stadium owners have advised that the stadium is being used, so therefore next Monday has been reserved with the teams , the BSPA and the Stadium. 

42 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Draw that match!

IMO no it should just be wiped out altogether if both legs are not run!

1 minute ago, mike7164 said:

IMO no it should just be wiped out altogether if both legs are not run!

Why, Redcar ran their leg and won it, surely a leg not run should be declared a draw?

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Our alternative day is Monday, and the stadium owners have advised that the stadium is being used, so therefore next Monday has been reserved with the teams , the BSPA and the Stadium. 

Then why is the GB site saying it's next Sunday?

11 minutes ago, Boothers said:

I agree that Newcastle are NOT to blame. Bad weather is not Newcastle's fault. If however you wish to apportion blame to Redcar for the farcical situation we find ourselves in due to the delay in running the SF against Eastbourne then I would just like to say that it takes 2 to Tango, and 2 teams to run 2 semi finals. Perhaps Redcar were NOT entirely to blame either!

I am not saying that, however given your account on this mater I would suggest Redcar are more to blame that Newcastle for running the final as late in the season! 

But I did also name Eastbourne in my post so its between you both.

Think it is next Sunday.,!

8 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Why, Redcar ran their leg and won it, surely a leg not run should be declared a draw?

Because we have had our Semi final done and dusted since the 14th July so affectedly we have been waiting for you both! 

3 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

Because we have had our Semi final done and dusted since the 14th July so affectedly we have been waiting for you both! 

You also had a bye into the QF hence 2 less matches to arrange - I appreciate it hasn't been an ideal situation but there are valid reasons why we are where we are, not least the typical British weather at this time of the year. 

14 minutes ago, foamfence said:

As Sunday is our designated race day so they say they are going to try and run on the Sunday 27th but have Monday 28th as a last ditched back up date!

• Thanks 1