British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

2 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

As Sunday is our designated race day so they say they are going to try and run on the Sunday 27th but have Monday 28th as a last ditched back up date!

Ah the 28th! Your resident brown noser didn't make that clear, fair enough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, foamfence said:

I don't have a one I live alone thank you very much!:rofl:

5 minutes ago, mike7164 said:

I don't have a one I live alone thank you very much!:rofl:

I wasn't talking about you, keep up!

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Think it is next Sunday.,!

Monday has been reserved as our alternate date just in case. .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Pathetic comment.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, erimus11 said:

You also had a bye into the QF hence 2 less matches to arrange - I appreciate it hasn't been an ideal situation but there are valid reasons why we are where we are, not least the typical British weather at this time of the year. 

Very true. But we also had 4 or 5 blank sundays early in the season when we could have comfortably run a first round fixture.

The fact is the BSPA need to allocate a specific week in the season for each round to take place, irrespective of whatever the teams involved want to run championship matches if they think they can get into the play-offs. Newcastle and Edinburgh used the League dates earlier in the season to run the KOC and rescheduled the League fixture for later on. Eastbourne and Redcar could have quite easily done the same but they didn't for whatever reason, preferring to run the cup match in september (still before the cut-off date). 

Edited by leander
  • Like 1

Season tickets (previously NOT part of this match) holders can now use their season Ticket for this match, now the 90th Anniversary Meeting has been scrapped.  George E says it might be ran at the start of next season:

1 hour ago, StevePark said:

Season tickets (previously NOT part of this match) holders can now use their season Ticket for this match, now the 90th Anniversary Meeting has been scrapped.  George E says it might be ran at the start of next season:

Did no-one have an umberella for the interview?

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Did no-one have an umberella for the interview?

Don't think any hangers-on available 

Well just checked my Pine cones and Bladderwort!!!, think I would plan for Monday 28th to run this fixture.

On 10/19/2019 at 10:35 AM, Bear_Bottom said:

:lol: Public Service Announcement

That was a party broadcast on behalf of the Newcastle branch of the whodoyothinkyouarekiddinglet'smakeoutlikeRedcarareevenstrongerwithaweakerridersoNewcastlestillookliketheunderdogseventhoughthisevensthingsupquitealot Party :rofl:

Honestly.

Funny...

I Honestly believed Lewi made you stronger with the track time he has at Brough, a track where he cut his teeth; Ellis has half a dozen or so meetings at Newcastle max; Lewi has multiple meetings under his belt and watch him go next year, he will be a rider in demand, Eastie have pulled off a good move signing him up early IMHO, I would be very surprised if Ellis gets anywhere near a maximum if used for the second leg; time will tell. (especially if its wet) It's a pity Kerr didn't fit for Tommy as I would have had him in like a shot as a guest if the shoe was on the other foot.

As for Newcastle being the underdog; you bet; as I personally can not see them pulling back 12 points; I think Newcastle will win by 6; 8 or possibly even 10 but getting more than 12... well even without Redcar using any Guests it is a big ask; I do hope I am wrong but that's my honest assessment after watching Newcastle all season that this 12 point deficit to me is just a bit beyond their reach; the proverbial "Bridge to Far" but we will see. (again I hope I am proved Totally Wrong)

May I add; unlike the Leicester Glasgow play off final where I don't think 12 will be enough for Leicester and Glasgow will win by about 16; but this is what it is all about isn't it? "opinions" and these "opinions" rightly or wrongly will be ultimately put to the test once the bloody weather relents and we conclude these meetings; however and again I will concede that IMHO both ties are interestingly well poised...

Finally and back on topic with Wright; Riss and whoever the third heat leader is Ellis, Kerr or a half fit MPT; I think Redcar will have enough in reserve to keep the Jawdee's (aren't Smoggies funny) at bay and pull off the aggregate win IMHO (however here's hoping for a wet track and Brough lives up to its rough reputation; not this smooth; flat; dust pan we have seen most weeks previous as we need all the help we can get)

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Coraldon said:

Well just checked my Pine cones and Bladderwort!!!, think I would plan for Monday 28th to run this fixture.

al go for next season :(

1 hour ago, diamonds7 said:

al go for next season :(

Will there be a next season:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, soupy said:

Will there be a next season:rolleyes:

Judging by the latest revelations next season is all but sorted and the annual promoters holiday will be done and dusted at a Toby Carvery one Sunday lunchtime. 

it's now a nine team Premiership with Berwick, Kent and Sheffield .

Poole join the Championship with Plymouth making it 12 teams so Newcastle are definetly running?

Why else would so many championship teams be announcing riders they have signed for 2020 if it isn't all agreed?

Not sure where that leaves the National League.

• Like 1