British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

11 hours ago, leander said:

Anybody know who Redcar are using as a guest for MPT as last weeks guest (Lewis Kerr) is not available this week?

11 hours ago, boz said:

I believe it will be Ben Barker.

I can confirm Barker guests for Bears.

Diamonds also bring in a guest.  Lasse Bjerre is ill and James Sarjeant comes in.  R/R for Thomas Jorgensen.

5 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Diamonds also bring in a guest.  Lasse Bjerre is ill and James Sarjeant comes in.  R/R for Thomas Jorgensen.

Honestly???

The Boro has had 18 hours of heavy rain, how is it up there, will it affect the match as the weather is supposed to improve from this afternoon with SUN shine coming.

2 hours ago, StevePark said:

This is everything that is wrong with Speedway yet time and time again the same thing happens.

A supposedly prestige event ends up a scratch challenge fixture made up of whoever is left standing/can be bothered and prepared to ride on a rain sodden track, whilst the punters freeze their nuts (or equivalent) off in the bitter cold and wet.

And the promoters wonder why nobody turns up. Of course it's all the fault of the weather......

I'm a supporter of 30+ years and now can't be bothered to go to a nicely poised Cup Final 2nd leg against our local rivals!!! Shambles.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, enotian said:

This is everything that is wrong with Speedway yet time and time again the same thing happens.

A supposedly prestige event ends up a scratch challenge fixture made up of whoever is left standing/can be bothered and prepared to ride on a rain sodden track, whilst the punters freeze their nuts (or equivalent) off in the bitter cold and wet.

And the promoters wonder why nobody turns up. Of course it's all the fault of the weather......

I'm a supporter of 30+ years and now can't be bothered to go to a nicely poised Cup Final 2nd leg against our local rivals!!! Shambles.

Do you not think that Sarj is good replacement for Bjerre?

6 minutes ago, enotian said:

Spot on. The farce of speedway.

• Like 1

Have said before at many tracks why cant the dog track covers be putbon the track to at least protect some of it .

7 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not really no, But Bjerre has not been pulling up any trees this season.Will need plenty of tapes and not a night to stand out in the cold either.

Sarjeant 1 from 4 rides in his recent visit to Brough!

Was really looking forward to this final but somehow my enthusiasm has just spiked in the wrong direction!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Have said before at many tracks why cant the dog track covers be putbon the track to at least protect some of it .

am pretty sure that the reasons why it doesn't work at Newcastle have been explained more than once. ;)

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Honestly???

What a waste of space Lasse Bjerre has become takes the p*ss virtually every season nowadays.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

hell no 

1 hour ago, Aceslider said:

Sarjeant 1 from 4 rides in his recent visit to Brough!

Was really looking forward to this final but somehow my enthusiasm has just spiked in the wrong direction!!

Mine too we stood little chance and now no chance , il stay at home i think 

Edited by diamonds7