British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

Have said before at many tracks why cant the dog track covers be putbon the track to at least protect some of it .

For a fellow Comets fan you really have let the side down there.

The clue is in the name... " DOG TRACK COVERS"

i.e. NOT speedway covers.

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

What a waste of space Lasse Bjerre has become takes the p*ss virtually every season nowadays.

"ILL".   My erse. :o

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

And the diffrence is? Am guessing it was the speedway who first bought them if so use them .

1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

they're just canvas sheets, what's the difference?

1 minute ago, ch958 said:

A band of volunteers to carry out the task on a Sunday whilst trying to avoid getting run over by a tractor? ;)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ch958 said:

As their purpose is to keep sharp pieces of shale off the greyhound track, I can't imagine that getting them filthy by using them as track covers would meet with much favour....

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

And the diffrence is? Am guessing it was the speedway who first bought them if so use them .

Speedway covers, by there very nature, need to be WATERPROOF. The dog track covers don't. They only need to keep the Shale off the dog track and can be pervious (i.e. not necessarily waterproof). 

17 minutes ago, ch958 said:

Canvas is not 100% waterproof.

7 minutes ago, leander said:

Speedway covers, by there very nature, need to be WATERPROOF. The dog track covers don't. They only need to keep the Shale off the dog track and can be pervious (i.e. not necessarily waterproof). 

Not sure they’re letting the right people in then.  :)

4 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Do you not think that Sarj is good replacement for Bjerre?

Redcar guest Ben Barker last visit to Brough 17 points Sarj 1 point from 4 rides... was Kyle Newman not available.. 

Honestly am getting fed up with this... just give Redcar the cup now to save the embarrassment...

A knocked back Wolves tickets but a think it will be watch the football team show themselves up first in the pub and depending on how much drink a get through this could be the first meeting I will have missed at Brough since October 31st 2010 and a still managed to see the last heat of that meeting...

Regards 

THJ 

Oh and the report on the web site has Sarj down as a Tiger rather that a Monarch which is the last thing Glasgow will want the blame for knowing how delicate they are at present...

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Edited for accuracy
  • Like 2

How many other people are going to give this one a miss now?

• Like 2

I’m not home at the minute but I definitely wouldn’t be going if I was! Sargeant as a guest I’d rather use Josh Embleton and give him the experience Ahh and well done Redcar on winning the cup. 

• Like 2

Maybe we should give Sarj the chance,,, afterall he might be on the radar to be one of our top riders next year.

7 hours ago, enotian said:

This is everything that is wrong with Speedway yet time and time again the same thing happens.

A supposedly prestige event ends up a scratch challenge fixture made up of whoever is left standing/can be bothered and prepared to ride on a rain sodden track, whilst the punters freeze their nuts (or equivalent) off in the bitter cold and wet.

And the promoters wonder why nobody turns up. Of course it's all the fault of the weather......

I'm a supporter of 30+ years and now can't be bothered to go to a nicely poised Cup Final 2nd leg against our local rivals!!! Shambles.

Was this written last year and just reproduced?

Or maybe the year before? 

Or maybe any given year over far too many years..?

Cricket is another sport that relies on the weather conditions being favourable to run, therefore I am amazed they don't run all their finals in October like Speedway in the UK does.. 

Surely those in the ECB are missing a trick? :rolleyes:

It is truly amazing that every year the same nonsense pervades yet those who run the sport obviously see absolutely nothing wrong with it....

Maybe seeing all those growing empty spaces on the terraces will one day start to finally give them a clue. .?

• Like 4