British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

4 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Redcar guest Ben Barker last visit to Brough 17 points Sarj 1 point from 4 rides... was Kyle Newman not available.. 

Honestly am getting fed up with this... just give Redcar the cup now to save the embarrassment...

A knocked back Wolves tickets but a think it will be watch the football team show themselves up first in the pub and depending on how much drink a get through this could be the first meeting I will have missed at Brough since October 31st 2010 and a still managed to see the last heat of that meeting...

Regards 

THJ 

Oh and the report on the web site has Sarj down as a Tiger rather that a Monarch which is the last thing Glasgow will want the blame for knowing how delicate they are at present...

Not to much ov the hard stuff mind big man is Shandy's your limit these cold dark nights of winter.. you'll be up peeing all night 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Maybe seeing all those growing empty spaces on the terraces will one day start to finally give them a clue. .?

A think your being a tad optimistic there mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shearer09 said:

I’m not home at the minute but I definitely wouldn’t be going if I was! Sargeant as a guest I’d rather use Josh Embleton and give him the experience Ahh and well done Redcar on winning the cup. 

Don't know why they name josh in the team as a number 8 incase anything goes wrong,, unless he's not available as he's at Leicesters end of season bash tonight ( which we aren't having ) & he may just stop down as he's at Kent Monday night,,,

8 hours ago, soupy said:

Not really no, But Bjerre has not been pulling up any trees this season.Will need plenty of tapes and not a night to stand out in the cold either.

Phil is asking for extra help at the TAPES when sarjent is in the race

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

A think your being a tad optimistic there mind.

The one glaring thing they don't seem to understand is that by annually undermining their very own 'flagship events', they devalue them to a level where fans then start to ask themselves "why the hell would anyone attend"?

And if the Finals become so devalued then really why attend any of the qualifiers either?

It actually suggests that those who run the sport dont take it too seriously themselves, so lets face it, if those who run the sport don't take it seriously then really why should the fans?

Quite incredible how this sport is ran in the UK isn't it?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

The one glaring thing they don't seem to understand is that by annually undermining their very own 'flagship events', they devalue them to a level where fans then start to ask themselves "why the hell would anyone attend"?

And if the Finals become so devalued then really why attend any of the qualifiers either?

It actually suggests that those who run the sport dont take it too seriously themselves, so lets face it, if those who run the sport don't take it seriously then really why should the fans?

Quite incredible how this sport is ran in the UK isn't it?

It's just like an old car, it's not gonna last forever. Just keep putting a fiver in until it doesn't want to go anymore.

Edited by ruffdiamond

16 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

It's just like an old car, it's not gonna last forever. Just keep putting a fiver in until it doesn't want to go anymore.

Think the old car would of given up the ghost a long time ago .

Too much negativity on here. I'm thinking of driving up now.

Edited by Yearbyred

Maybe speedway bosses know that the sport is terminally ill, but with euthanasia still being illegal in Britain,,, we'll all just have to suffer :(

Edited by ruffdiamond

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Maybe we should give Sarj the chance,,, afterall he might be on the radar to be one of our top riders next year.

That thought actually went through my mind ruffdiamond.

Maybe its a bit of an incentive to him to get stuck in tomorrow with a view to getting a place in the team next season.

If Steve, Matty, Ulrich and Max turn up tomorrow and perform to their true abilities, it just takes our reserves to outscore theirs and we're in with a chance despite the 12 point deficit. I remember Jamie Habbin scoring 1 point a few years ago when we beat Peterborough in the Gold Cup final, and as he pointed out, if he hadn't scored that point we would not have won the cup.

Barker has had off days at Brough as has Eric Riss, so you never know! I was expecting England to get thumped this morning by the All Blacks and we know how that turned out.

I've just talked myself into coming tomorrow night.

• Like 2

Seriously, I don't know what people expect Newcastle to do. Nobody on here really knows if Lasse is ill or not. He will certainly have to provide a sick note for us to be granted a facility. The weather hasn't done us any favours over the last few weeks. Getting a guest, especially on Lasse's poor average, to score what he would potentially score at this late stage of the season was never going to be easy. Most riders have packed up for the year with the foreigners, by and large, already moved out of the country. 

Sarj scored 6+1 when he was here with Glasgow, and did feature in a glasgow 5-1 beating Danny and Ulrich. I, for one, am prepared to give the lad a chance. He's on our side so will be getting some advice from our regular lads, which he wouldn't get riding for the opposition.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, leander said:

Seriously, I don't know what people expect Newcastle to do. Nobody on here really knows if Lasse is ill or not. He will certainly have to provide a sick note for us to be granted a facility. The weather hasn't done us any favours over the last few weeks. Getting a guest, especially on Lasse's poor average, to score what he would potentially score at this late stage of the season was never going to be easy. Most riders have packed up for the year with the foreigners, by and large, already moved out of the country. 

Sarj scored 6+1 when he was here with Glasgow, and did feature in a glasgow 5-1 beating Danny and Ulrich. I, for one, am prepared to give the lad a chance. He's on our side so will be getting some advice from our regular lads, which he wouldn't get riding for the opposition.

Let's be honest lasse just didn't want to be at Newcastle from day 1.. great ability but needs a manager to get it out of him.. him & Jorgensen it just never worked out for either this season but I suppose at least we had a season at brough even tho it's been woeful at times... So it would be great to win the cup but it's ganni be tough

5 hours ago, Shearer09 said:

I’m not home at the minute but I definitely wouldn’t be going if I was! Sargeant as a guest I’d rather use Josh Embleton and give him the experience Ahh and well done Redcar on winning the cup. 

Next thing you'll be saying is Up the Bears  you turn coat LOL!

1 hour ago, mike7164 said:

Next thing you'll be saying is Up the Bears  you turn coat LOL!

Haha UTB, seriously though we shouldn’t even be in the position with Bjerre or Jorgensen they should never have been signed in the first place along with Danny Phillips that team needs a major shake up next year I’d always give the lads a chance but there just not good enough simple as! 

3 hours ago, leander said:

Wonder if they tried for Ellis Perks to replace Jorgensen & R/R for Bjerre instead?

• Like 1