British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

5 hours ago, leander said:

Seriously, I don't know what people expect Newcastle to do. Nobody on here really knows if Lasse is ill or not. He will certainly have to provide a sick note for us to be granted a facility. The weather hasn't done us any favours over the last few weeks. Getting a guest, especially on Lasse's poor average, to score what he would potentially score at this late stage of the season was never going to be easy. Most riders have packed up for the year with the foreigners, by and large, already moved out of the country. 

Sarj scored 6+1 when he was here with Glasgow, and did feature in a glasgow 5-1 beating Danny and Ulrich. I, for one, am prepared to give the lad a chance. He's on our side so will be getting some advice from our regular lads, which he wouldn't get riding for the opposition.

Newcastle's best chance is the fact that Redcar sacked/released Barker, they must have been struggling along the guest route also.

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

Wonder if they tried for Ellis Perks to replace Jorgensen & R/R for Bjerre instead?

Wonder if anyone even thought of that ;)

11 hours ago, leander said:

Seriously, I don't know what people expect Newcastle to do. Nobody on here really knows if Lasse is ill or not. He will certainly have to provide a sick note for us to be granted a facility. The weather hasn't done us any favours over the last few weeks. Getting a guest, especially on Lasse's poor average, to score what he would potentially score at this late stage of the season was never going to be easy. Most riders have packed up for the year with the foreigners, by and large, already moved out of the country. 

Sarj scored 6+1 when he was here with Glasgow, and did feature in a glasgow 5-1 beating Danny and Ulrich. I, for one, am prepared to give the lad a chance. He's on our side so will be getting some advice from our regular lads, which he wouldn't get riding for the opposition.

That's exactly the point. A so called major final being held when most of the riders have packed up for the season (Bjerre and Jorgensen included no doubt).  But traditionally the season has always ran until 31st October so that's what promoters do.  The fact that the riders have moved on and end their seasons at the end of the Polish/Swedish play offs and GP series is totally ignored by the traditionalists and we end up with what could have been a season highlight being a literal damp squib.

Not specifically Newcastle's fault or a pop at Sarjeant (who could make 5 'gates' and score a hatful) but a point on promoters apparent lack of understanding of what the customer wants or how their product (the riders) work. A recipe for disaster. Especially after any number of blank weekends during the season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, enotian said:

That's exactly the point. A so called major final being held when most of the riders have packed up for the season (Bjerre and Jorgensen included no doubt).  But traditionally the season has always ran until 31st October so that's what promoters do.  The fact that the riders have moved on and end their seasons at the end of the Polish/Swedish play offs and GP series is totally ignored by the traditionalists and we end up with what could have been a season highlight being a literal damp squib.

Not specifically Newcastle's fault or a pop at Sarjeant (who could make 5 'gates' and score a hatful) but a point on promoters apparent lack of understanding of what the customer wants or how their product (the riders) work. A recipe for disaster. Especially after any number of blank weekends during the season.

TJ was injured weeks ago and his season ended then.

5 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

Hows the weather this morn ?

Cool and bright, with the odd little fluffy cloud.

Edited by ruffdiamond

11 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Cool and bright, with the odd little fluffy cloud.

No wind ?

29 minutes ago, soupy said:

No wind ?

Dunno, couldn't really tell from my side of the window.

31 minutes ago, soupy said:

No wind ?

Just now, ruffdiamond said:

Dunno, couldn't really tell from my side of the window.

Quite windy, yes.  Will dry the track out (if it needs it) nicely.

Well I won't be there because I'm away on holiday, and I wish the Diamonds all the best  tonight, but the choice of Serjeant (who ironically was in a "Newcastle" team at Redcar in - I think - Ben Barker's testimonial at the beginning of the season) just reflects how Jorgensen and Bjerre have been phoning it in for most of the season.

I've said it before on here and I'll say it again - this does not feel to me like a Newcastle team, it's six guys wearing Diamonds race jackets. If I'm alone in thinking that, then I'll accept that I am just an old grumbler, but that coupled with the ridiculous breaks in the season and some of the statements the promotion have made make me wonder what exactly is, or isn't, going on.

Having said that* I'm sorry I won't be there this evening and I hope Sarj bangs the points in for us - whatever else may be said about him, he's certainly a trier. 

* (c) Kevin Keegan mid-70s

Have always found sarj very trying, but am going to have a ride over tonight despite being at work at 5.45 mon morn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Have always found sarj very trying, but am going to have a ride over tonight despite being at work at 5.45 mon morn.

Let's hope he is not on a guarantee, and gets paid by the points scored.

6 hours ago, StevePark said:

TJ was injured weeks ago and his season ended then.

Do why didn't we replace him I wonder Steve