British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

Well done the bears did think at one point they were going to let it slip but credit to the top two pulled it off in heat 15. Again well done to all the team for a great season and some of the best racing on a good track. 

As a consolation Redcar are offering Newcastle fans a free tea or coffee.

We'll even supply the Cup! :rofl:

RBKOCup2.png

RBKOCup2.png

Edited by Bear_Bottom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Bear_Bottom said:

As a consolation Redcar are offering Newcastle fans a free tea or coffee.

We'll even supply the Cup! :rofl:

RBKOCup2.png

They could easily fill it up with stale beer lol

8 hours ago, Gaz said:

I thought the promotion for a change were a bit ruthless and tried to improve the team unlike other years 

If so, why did Bjerre and Jorgensen stay?

For whatever  reason their performances were poor from the start. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Yearbyred said:

Obviously very pleased as a Redcar fan with the win but the Diamonds put up an excellent fight and it got too close for comfort at the end.

The big guns pulled it out when needed but the contribution of Jordan Stewart was critical. To score 9 points on a track he’s struggled massively on before was a massive boost and his Heat 14 win was vital.

Pleased for the promotion after the difficult few seasons we’ve had. Glad I watch my regular speedway at Redcar.

You where doing well until the last line and it is what it is at the end of the day.My only gripe about Redcar track is could do with having 5 laps and not 4.Well done the bears.

Well done Redcar!

Really pleased I decided to attend last night for what turned out to be an enthralling night of speedway. It was a throwback to the close encounters we have had with Redcar/Middlesbrough years ago when large crowds turned out to watch the likes of Eric Boothroyd, Dave Younghusband etc racing against our lads for the bragging rights.

it was always going to be a tall order to recover the deficit with Redcars top 3 strength but by heat 12 it did look as if we were in with a shout. Full marks to Riss and Wright who held their nerve and there was no way they were going to let the cup come to Newcastle. Credit also to Woolley for his battling point in Heat 2 and also to Jordan Stewart who bounced back from a dire performance on his last visit.

Last night was a reminder of the potential which speedway still has in pulling in decent size crowds. In some ways the 2 postponements may have helped because their several mentions from Jeff Brown on local BBC news and also the anticipation building up. Plus also there must have been a number of neutrals there last night from Berwick/Workington etc.

Have to say I don’t understand the negative comments on here about Roy Clarke. He took over the role I recall when Andrew Daley took some time out. He gives 120% and is Newcastle through and through but always gives total respect to the opposition and their fans. I hope both he and the Diamonds are back next year with George still on board!

• Like 4

That was a good meeting to end the season, the best team overall won and, well done Redcar. Wright's ht 13 was worthy of winning it itself, although a think it was Jordan Stewart's contribution that made the real difference.

A think Newcastle got the flow of decisions, Barker's decision was brave and I thought was right, Wright's decision was very harsh, not saying the ref was wrong, but the decision wasn't right, (all 4 back at least).

I would like to praise Sarj for his efforts, put in some decent rides and no tape touching, but his failure to clear the track was very dubious.

Don't think the Diamonds were given much chance of overturning the deficit but managed to level the tie at one point, only to be let down by the lack of our top end fire power. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, soupy said:

You where doing well until the last line and it is what it is at the end of the day.My only gripe about Redcar track is could do with having 5 laps and not 4.Well done the bears.

Just my personal opinion. Both tracks are what they are.

• Like 3

Good effort from the Diamonds but undone in heats 13 and 15 again, as we have been all too often this season.

Concerned by the tone of the programme notes though. Fingers crossed for 2020

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Good effort from the Diamonds but undone in heats 13 and 15 again, as we have been all too often this season.

Concerned by the tone of the programme notes though. Fingers crossed for 2020

what did programme notes say, can't afford to lose any more Clubs

17 minutes ago, Yearbyred said:

Just my personal opinion. Both tracks are what they are.

No worries and I new where you where coming from.

9 hours ago, Bellers101 said:

Tsunami is quiet tonight.

if you had put your glasses on, you might notice I have already been on before you.

Through illness I wan't there last night, but my family were, and I followed it on the Updates. Well done to Redcar, who have improved the side as they has gone on, something we haven't. Maybe a lesson there. Great to hear there was such a massive crowd las night, and along with a big crowd comes a great atmosphere. Very please to hear that Redcar fans turned up, because whilst we always give Redcar their top gates , Redcar historically don't at Brough. Enjoy your success as quite frankly they have deserved success this year through the efforts of good management, and riders who were prepared to ride. Didn't look that good early in the season, but astute management got then to what they have achieved in the Playoffs and now the KO cup. Congrats to all. 

Not surprised about George's revelations, but for the sake of Newcastle Speedway, I hope he stays on in a senior role and that others ae prepared to listen to his advice. Roy stepping down from his 'Ramblings' in the programme I can live with, but it does mean there is going to be a new feel about not year. Where does that leave Dalbers ?

I hope this is all for the better.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, soupy said:

No worries and I new where you where coming from.

Yes, we have what we have. Can't all be like BV.

31 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

if you had put your glasses on, you might notice I have already been on before you.

Through illness I wan't there last night, but my family were, and I followed it on the Updates. Well done to Redcar, who have improved the side as they has gone on, something we haven't. Maybe a lesson there. Great to hear there was such a massive crowd las night, and along with a big crowd comes a great atmosphere. Very please to hear that Redcar fans turned up, because whilst we always give Redcar their top gates , Redcar historically don't at Brough. Enjoy your success as quite frankly they have deserved success this year through the efforts of good management, and riders who were prepared to ride. Didn't look that good early in the season, but astute management got then to what they have achieved in the Playoffs and now the KO cup. Congrats to all. 

Not surprised about George's revelations, but for the sake of Newcastle Speedway, I hope he stays on in a senior role and that others ae prepared to listen to his advice. Roy stepping down from his 'Ramblings' in the programme I can live with, but it does mean there is going to be a new feel about not year. Where does that leave Dalbers ?

I hope this is all for the better.

So what is the situation with new owners Dave?