British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

8 minutes ago, Shearer09 said:

So what is the situation with new owners Dave? 

George in his programme notes last night said :-

"As for 2020, well at this present time it's too early to say however I would just like to say that it has been a total pleasure to oversee Newcastle Speedway in the longest period of continued operation in it's history, these past 23 years have flown over, we have had many successes in that time but the actual 23 years is the important thing to me. And my sincere wish is that period extends to 24 years even if someone else is at the helm the club."  

Hope that helps.

1 minute ago, RedcarRacer said:

Justice was done, tracks like Rough Park should never be rewarded for the state of them! 

The better team and promotion won! 

Well it's been rewarded with a lot more trophies than Redcar/Boro that's for sure. Congratulations on your win by the way which was more than deserved.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

"As for 2020, well at this present time it's too early to say however I would just like to say that it has been a total pleasure to oversee Newcastle Speedway in the longest period of continued operation in it's history, these past 23 years have flown over, we have had many successes in that time but the actual 23 years is the important thing to me. And my sincere wish is that period extends to 24 years even if someone else is at the helm the club."  

Hope that helps.

Yeah read to me that if they're looking for new owners (maybe already sorted), but if not forthcoming then it maybe the end. Might be totally wrong with that just the way it reads to me; and someone may have the knowledge to put me right. 

Edited by acclennell
spelling

38 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Hope that helps.

Cheers Dave I’m away at work so I know nothing regarding program notes, but I’m with you hopefully George stays at the club In some manner that’s if we get new owners! 

1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

if you had put your glasses on, you might notice I have already been on before you.

Through illness I wan't there last night, but my family were, and I followed it on the Updates. Well done to Redcar, who have improved the side as they has gone on, something we haven't. Maybe a lesson there. Great to hear there was such a massive crowd las night, and along with a big crowd comes a great atmosphere. Very please to hear that Redcar fans turned up, because whilst we always give Redcar their top gates , Redcar historically don't at Brough. Enjoy your success as quite frankly they have deserved success this year through the efforts of good management, and riders who were prepared to ride. Didn't look that good early in the season, but astute management got then to what they have achieved in the Playoffs and now the KO cup. Congrats to all. 

Not surprised about George's revelations, but for the sake of Newcastle Speedway, I hope he stays on in a senior role and that others ae prepared to listen to his advice. Roy stepping down from his 'Ramblings' in the programme I can live with, but it does mean there is going to be a new feel about not year. Where does that leave Dalbers ?

I hope this is all for the better.

I hope everything is ok Dave and you are feeling better soon, as for the KO Cup defeat I never saw us wining it anyway, however I have to admit I was a little disappointed not to win it after tying it up on aggregate but well done Redcar at least a north east team won rather than down south!

As for the take over I hope this is a step in the right direction, however I do feel In my honest opinion it needs to be a clean break without George, so many times on here as well as people who know me personally including George himself know I'm not his biggest fan as a manager, however I do think he's been there for what will be 23 seasons in 2020 time to move on George as I think it would be in the best interests for both parties a clean break.

However time will tell & lets see what the future brings starting with us running in 2020.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, RedcarRacer said:

Justice was done, tracks like Rough Park should never be rewarded for the state of them! 

The better team and promotion won! 

It is NOT Rough Park it is Brough Park why act this childish way when you have Newcastle fans including myself who have congratulated you on the silverware? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedcarRacer said:

Is this the same Rough Park that around 3 years ago Redcar fans vowed NEVER to return to because of the state of the track? ... Quite a few hypocrites went back on their word  when a 12 point lead opened up after the first leg   !! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Bear_Bottom said:

As a consolation Redcar are offering Newcastle fans a free tea or coffee.

We'll even supply the Cup! :rofl:

RBKOCup2.png

RBKOCup2.png

Can we stir it with the wooden spoons you have accumulated?

• Haha 2

Honestly

Newcastle flattered to deceive yet again; pulled things back and all square by heat 12 building up to the grand finale only to be let down in heats 13 and 15 and not for the first time, what a damp squib in the end and dare I say; it looked like the Redcar riders seemed to want it more; and well done to the Redcar team a great effort;  also the Redcar Promotion and Fans who thoroughly deserved their victory in the end and Newcastle got exactly what they deserved "Zip" because if you cant get a race advantage in either 13 or 15 at home you don't deserve to get anything in my book.It certainly shouldn't be two 1-5's to the opposition (or am I expecting to much?) So the Redcar faithful can bask in the warmth and glory of their Cup victory over the cold winter nights looking forward to the 2020 season.

Special mention for Sarj who potentially got the same as Baby Bjerre would have scored so no loss there and it was definitely more than I expected him to score to be totally honest, in fact after the first heat where he followed Worrall home someone said he had borrowed and engine off Cookie and I had to ask was it not Cookie on the bike? The one poor decision IMHO was the exclusion of Barker in Heat 7 for running into the back of Phillips, the ref from his lofty position said Phillips had locked up slightly and Barker had run into the back of him however from where I was standing at the tapes it looked to me (and to everyone else standing around that area) that Phillips was in the process of falling off before Barker run into the back of him, so I am pleased in one way that this incident wasn't a crucial factor in the outcome of the meeting and in the end had no bearing on the final result

Good Crowd; Good Craic; a nice cold dark night racing under lights; just how it should be and nice to see the Workington contingent over getting their Speedway fix and there was some exciting racing; but the end product for us Jawdee's just wasn't there in the end. To be fair it was what we expected but to drag everything back by heat 12 only to see it all fall apart in 13 and 15 is just an extra kick in the nuts; the anticipation and optimism coming into heat 13 thinking "bloody hell we might just do this" to have the rug well and truly pulled from under you; well disappointing springs to mind amongst other words (unprintable unfortunately) but never mind onward and upward there is always next year to be disappointed all over again

So again well done to Redcar long may the success last

Regards
THJ

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling,
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, mike7164 said:

It is NOT Rough Park it is Brough Park why act this childish way when you have Newcastle fans including myself who have congratulated you on the silverware? 

its a cracking stadium but the straights have always been slightly too long for the bends - conversely i believe STMP is the opposite with straights being slightly too short. I think racing at BP would be greatly improved by shortening the straights - I believe Wolves did this donkeys years ago and Swindon of course have just done it, in both cases the racing improved.

• Like 3

Bellers has been quiet since Tsunami spoke up ;)

• Haha 2

THJ, I was stood in the grandstand, a bit higher than yous but below the referee and, I agree with the refs idea of it. The folks around me looked astounded as I called it before the white light came on.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

THJ, I was stood in the grandstand, a bit higher than yous but below the referee and, I agree with the refs idea of it. The folks around me looked astounded as I called it before the white light came on.

Well there you go Tom-Mate-Toe/Tom-Mart/Oh... I can see the reasoning and the more loftier position may have given a better view but it definitely looked like Phillips was on his way down before he got the nudge from Barker so I am doubly pleased that the incident had no bearing whatsoever on the outcome.

Regards
THJ