British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

11 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes thanks.

Bloody annoyed that the Chronicle didn't carry a full report and pictures tonight about the classic race off last night at Brough. Plenty of TOON and Mackem fillers, and other minor sports, but nothing about our meeting final which was a national final after all. Could be we didn't send things in to them, but that would be so unusual for us. We should and need to publicise big events like this regardless of who won. 

Barry told me that he sent a big preview for Saturday's Chronicle and they butchered it and left about 20% of what he actually sent.

The preview I did for the Sunday Sun, was published and left intact, though I didn't look to see if Saturday's Journal included my preview.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Got the Wright/Ostergaard incident right... Wright clearly wiped Ostergaard out going into the first bend because he was jealous of how well he was gating all night...

However the Phillips/Barker incident was a bit dodgy... Danny locked up, and Barker couldn't do much other than hit Danny... Awkward looking fall in the end, but at the end of the day, not Danny fault... In no conceivable universe should Danny Phillips be expected to race against Ben Barker and Jordan Stewart... It's just wrong... He probably panicked when he looked behind and saw who he was in front of... It was embarrassing watching the races that had the likes of Erik Riss and Max Clegg in and Tom Woolley and Danny Phillips wobbling around at the back... Nearly a lap behind...

To add: Not to mention the referee let Jordan Stewart ride in his white helmet colour all night :blink: Never seen that before... And there's no way you can tell me that it was yellow... Because it just wasn't

Charles Only got ex'd as his back wheel was over the line !! He told me after the meeting otherwise it would've been all 4 back 

23 hours ago, RedcarRacer said:

Justice was done, tracks like Rough Park should never be rewarded for the state of them! 

The better team and promotion won! 

How many are sounding like a stuck record on here ( rough park ) if you only understood what limited time the track lads have to get the track sorted for a meeting you may think yeah they have done a GREAT job on getting the meeting on

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Yes thanks.

Bloody annoyed that the Chronicle didn't carry a full report and pictures tonight about the classic race off last night at Brough. Plenty of TOON and Mackem fillers, and other minor sports, but nothing about our meeting final which was a national final after all. Could be we didn't send things in to them, but that would be so unusual for us. We should and need to publicise big events like this regardless of who won. 

The chronicle is just an updated version on the journal now Dave as it used to be delivered to newsagents after 12am back in the day but now it's well early in the morning.. a bet now if parsons was still going the workers could've bought both the journal & chronicle at the same time & might've got 2 for 1 ha

29 minutes ago, pienpeesman said:

The chronicle is just an updated version on the journal now Dave as it used to be delivered to newsagents after 12am back in the day but now it's well early in the morning.. a bet now if parsons was still going the workers could've bought both the journal & chronicle at the same time & might've got 2 for 1 ha

So was anything about the meeting in the Journal on Monday. I'm an ex Parsons worker BTW.

• Like 1

The Pink used to be good and had good articles in about speedway on a Saturday, remember buying it after the match had finished and if not it did not get to Hexham until well after 6 pm.

18 minutes ago, soupy said:

The Pink used to be good and had good articles in about speedway on a Saturday, remember buying it after the match had finished and if not it did not get to Hexham until well after 6 pm.

Quite agree and I bought it every Saturday. I see now that there is a thin column about our meeting on Sunday in tonights Chronicle. No photo but. 

Earlier Tsunami stated that they opened up the bends as they were tight, I first went to Brough Park in 1964 and that it's the way it

was for many years but because of the bikes having only two valves, racing was slower and this meant passing was possible if you

didn't make the gate.

I know for a fact that Wolverhampton was a straight copy of Brough Park i.e long straights and tight bends, we both had a distinct

home advantage as against more open layout tracks.

The progression to Four Valve and later the Lay down engines have meant that some tracks have been altered to be easier to ride

and with less shale on the due to altered exhaust pipe layout, this has resulted in track lap times dropping a lot as the years have

gone by.   

Anyone know anything about Wright and Mudgway being fined for comments made over the PA?

3 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Anyone know anything about Wright and Mudgway being fined for comments made over the PA?

I haven't heard anything , nor did I hear any "untoward" comments made over the PA.

That said, if I was a betting man, my money would be on the possibility that the performance of a certain Mr Dishington was mentioned ;)

9 minutes ago, Dickie Head said:

Both were fined the maximum amount for their remarks. 

1 minute ago, crescent girl said:

I was too busy celebrating our win, what did they say?

7 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The whole lot of them should've been fined for leaving their cheap prosecco bottles lying around on the dog track, all 7 of them!!!

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

The whole lot of them should've been fined for leaving their cheap prosecco bottles lying around on the dog track, all 7 of them!!!

:lol: :cheers: 

There was a plate of sour grapes there as well for anybody who wanted them ;)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, erimus11 said:

:lol: :cheers: 

There was a plate of sour grapes there as well for anybody who wanted them ;)

Their probly still there now, untouched. But just leaving your empty glass bottles around on the dog track is totally unacceptable, even in Walker.

• Haha 1