Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
soupy

Newcastle v Redcar Sunday 13th October@ Stade De Brough 6-30pm

6 minutes ago, jenga said:

well after seeing the replay of Charles riding over the whit line . i am still looking for it .  watched it tons of times and  still cannot see where he went over the line with his driven (rear) wheel .. would like to see the Ben Barker exclusion too . Danny has admitted he locked up and Ben reacted in the only way poss . can anyone post that on here , seeing that the Newcastle management were so quick to put  Charles exclusion  on here while the meeting ongoing .  so lets see it and maybe i will change my mind ...   do it for Dish !

deffo all 4 back ...

Both Wrights wheels did cross the line, the start/finish line.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Both Wrights wheels did cross the line, the start/finish line.

so he was squeezed onto the infield as the riders were coming out of the start area and therefore it must have been an un satisfactory  start and should have been called back .

sorry ruff .. ahh , see what you did there ..lol.... ya wee devil ...

Edited by jenga
Do I need a reason ?
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

so he was squeezed onto the infield as the riders were coming out of the start area and therefore it must have been an un satisfactory  start and should have been called back .

sorry ruff ..

Don't apologise, I said both of his wheels crossed the start/finish line, which would be expected not long after the tapes went up ;)

The video evidence is great, for clearing people's name or getting them off with stuff they didn't actually do, Eastbourne ring any bells?

24 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Don't apologise, I said both of his wheels crossed the start/finish line, which would be expected not long after the tapes went up ;)

The video evidence is great, for clearing people's name or getting them off with stuff they didn't actually do, Eastbourne ring any bells?

sorry , its not ringing any bells at all ATM .

59 minutes ago, StevePark said:

Here:

Ta. I looked on the portal and could only find the pre match interviews.

Looks awfully close to having both wheels over about 9 seconds in. Difficult to tell though due to flash from centre green photographer.

4 hours ago, Marshall07 said:

Watching the replay and at no point did Wright have both wheels over the white line

Agree with this comment... To me he took Ully's standing leg and was hard done by... if it was the other way round I would been screaming for all 4 back... however it didn't happen but at the end of the day it's down to how the Ref saw it an Ruff agreed with the Ref on the Barker/Phillips decission which I and many others didn't agree with so ya pays ya money and takes ya chance...

Ultimately and luckily it had no bearing on the final result as the best team won over the two legs...

If either of those incidents did have an impact can you imagine the bloody uproar on here... and that's before Jenga started stirring the shot...

It comes to something when the winning team are still moaning after the event...

Regards

THJ  

• Like 2

ME , stir, never .speedway season is over , now its rabbit season and rabbit i will ...

11 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Agree with this comment... To me he took Ully's standing leg and was hard done by... if it was the other way round I would been screaming for all 4 back... however it didn't happen but at the end of the day it's down to how the Ref saw it an Ruff agreed with the Ref on the Barker/Phillips decission which I and many others didn't agree with so ya pays ya money and takes ya chance...

Ultimately and luckily it had no bearing on the final result as the best team won over the two legs...

If either of those incidents did have an impact can you imagine the bloody uproar on here... and that's before Jenga started stirring the shot...

It comes to something when the winning team are still moaning after the event...

Regards

THJ  

I've said to a few people the decisions (as much as I disagree with both of them) made the meeting much more interesting but only cause the correct team won in the end. If Newcastle had become winners from those then it would have ruined it IMO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/29/2019 at 11:29 PM, erimus11 said:

Are you asking a serious question, I didn't think anybody was disputing that fact

Whoooooosh................

On 10/30/2019 at 4:22 PM, leander said:

Wright was excluded for having both wheels on the centre green, not for colliding with Ulrich. 

Not correct.   Charles was disqualified for bringing Ulrich down.   That's a fact.    No mention of white line.

Two very contentious decisions made, but luckily did not affect the right result, however if Ulrich had not been where he was, he would not have been brought down, OK Crescent Girl:nono:LOL

• Sad 1

On 10/29/2019 at 11:13 AM, pienpeesman said:

Charles Only got ex'd as his back wheel was over the line !! He told me after the meeting otherwise it would've been all 4 back 

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Not correct.   Charles was disqualified for bringing Ulrich down.   That's a fact.    No mention of white line.

3 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Also the referees scoresheet shows the reason for the exclusion as XO i.e. disqualified for a reason other than dangerous or foul riding. If he had been disqualified for bringing Ulrich down it would be shown as XD, as was Barker's disqualification shown on the refs sheet. (Not that I 'm saying that decision was correct). Being the guilty (in the refs view)  of causing another rider to fall is always shown as XD.

I rest my case.

Edited by leander
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, leander said:

Also the referees scoresheet shows the reason for the exclusion as XO i.e. disqualified for a reason other than dangerous or foul riding. If he had been disqualified for bringing Ulrich down it would be shown as XD, as was Barker's disqualification shown on the refs sheet. (Not that I 'm saying that decision was correct). Being the guilty (in the refs view)  of causing another rider to fall is always shown as XD.

I rest my case.

Wrights decision is shown as XD, whereas Barkers is shown as XO, (SGB WEBSITE),,, hope this helps clear things up.

• Like 1

Game over, match won and lost, whatever we write or think does not change a thing, look forward to next season, have a great 5 months.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coraldon said:

Two very contentious decisions made, but luckily did not affect the right result, however if Ulrich had not been where he was, he would not have been brought down, OK Crescent Girl:nono:LOL

That's like saying "if the iceberg wasn't where it was, the Titanic wouldn't have sunk." :D