British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

2 hours ago, Fingersfin said:

Has been lashing it down in Glasgow for a couple of hours. Call off was correct. 

Always rain in Scotland lol

just amazing we always leave the play off finals till October lol

get the league fixtures done early so the fans can watch play off finals without the threat of rain 

Heard it was called off cause they could not evict the spiders from trophy cabinet , just in case Leicester have 2 poor meetings !!! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Neila said:

Heard it was called off cause they could not evict the spiders from trophy cabinet , just in case Leicester have 2 poor meetings !!! 

Goodness this is so funny:rofl: take it your source is the same as Blobby. Good to see you are still taking an interest in speedway but so as your not accused of making things up, perhaps you could change your 'Team' to the former, sadly no more, extinct, RIP Workington Comets

• Like 2

Well it seems all the East Midlands meteorological experts on here got their information about the expected rainfall in the west of Scotland ridiculously wrong last night , as it poured from the heavens all evening .

Still I suppose our pact with the rain God,  so we could get the second leg at home , has been delivered so far . 

Whether he stays away from Leicester today is up to him , but at least there wont be the same paranoia aimed at the Lions from us . Granted there was the usual , predictable , rhetoric from the likes of Blobby and Jenga everytime they perceive Glasgow are up to something , that kind of fixation takes years to nurture and develop . 

So here's hoping we get a meeting tonight , all riders come out of it safe, all fans get royally entertained and it's left in the balance for Tuesday night's decider at the Citadel of Speed . 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Well it seems all the East Midlands meteorological experts on here got their information about the expected rainfall in the west of Scotland ridiculously wrong last night , as it poured from the heavens all evening .

Still I suppose our pact with the rain God,  so we could get the second leg at home , has been delivered so far . 

Whether he stays away from Leicester today is up to him , but at least there wont be the same paranoia aimed at the Lions from us . Granted there was the usual , predictable , rhetoric from the likes of Blobby and Jenga everytime they perceive Glasgow are up to something , that kind of fixation takes years to nurture and develop . 

So here's hoping we get a meeting tonight , all riders come out of it safe, all fans get royally entertained and it's left in the balance for Tuesday night's decider at the Citadel of Speed . 

its not good to see you still cant take light hearted banter from other fans and have to jump to conclusions that everyone is a Glasgow hater . i suppose there is no bad banter between the football teams in Scotland either !

but the usual suspects (us) always seem to deliver the type of reply that you demand . while the usual suspects sit back and wait for a reply with baited breath ... we dont like to disappoint   you , hence the reply .

good luck tonight and do not forget your buckets and spades . may the best team on the night win .

32 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Tell me about it!! All forecasts I looked at said no rain until after midnight in Glasgow... that's why I set off in full confidence at around 10:30 and foolishly didn't check my phone until 3pm when I was about to cross the border only to find out it had been called off about half an hour after I left home... I was a tad frustrated :rolleyes: Still it was a nice drive home through the driving rain in the rush! Perhaps it might be an idea for clubs to setup a WhatsApp group that fans can join to receive alerts about postponements, instead of having to check the website or Twitter, especially difficult when driving.

Why on earth we (as a sport) continue this seemingly every season with finals to competitions being crammed in on off nights on dodgy tracks in October is unfathomable. Also In these days of potential golden heats holding the 2nd leg of the semi and/or final is a distinct advantage and yet no consideration seems to be given to this. The league should be wrapped up by the end of September, any clubs not making the play offs can then hold maybe a north/south regional competition to keep their season alive with the knocked out play off contenders joining at a later stage (like the Europa League in Football).

... Anyway I shall probably try again on Tuesday, my weather app says only a 20% chance of rain in Glasgow :rofl:

Edited by iainb
  • Like 2

Disapointed in the rain off, had planned a wee journey through for some final speedway action this year.  Tuesday a horrible day (as any mid week day would be) as its a school night and that M8 a joke at times.  Fingers crossed for another rain off :D:P and rescheduled for weekend.  

58 minutes ago, iainb said:

Tell me about it!! All forecasts I looked at said no rain until after midnight in Glasgow... that's why I set off in full confidence at around 10:30 and foolishly didn't check my phone until 3pm when I was about to cross the border only to find out it had been called off about half an hour after I left home... I was a tad frustrated :rolleyes: Still it was a nice drive home through the driving rain in the rush! Perhaps it might be an idea for clubs to setup a WhatsApp group that fans can join to receive alerts about postponements, instead of having to check the website or Twitter, especially difficult when driving.

Why on earth we (as a sport) continue this seemingly every season with finals to competitions being crammed in on off nights on dodgy tracks in October is unfathomable. Also In these days of potential golden heats holding the 2nd leg of the semi and/or final is a distinct advantage and yet no consideration seems to be given to this. The league should be wrapped up by the end of September, any clubs not making the play offs can then hold maybe a north/south regional competition to keep their season alive with the knocked out play off contenders joining at a later stage (like the Europa League in Football).

... Anyway I shall probably try again on Tuesday, my weather app says only a 20% chance of rain in Glasgow :rofl:

Every day I checked out big Carol with the ample puppies on BBC breakfast , and not once did she mention rain here yesterday . I went to my local shop around 7 last night and got drenched in the 5 minute walk . I just hope the title isn't decided like it was at Monmore Green last week , a mud bath like that just makes it a lottery 

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

Good luck tonight, mate. If I wasn't leaving the house at 7am tomorrow to get up to Scunny, I would have gone tonight. Good luck Tigers!

1 hour ago, jenga said:

its not good to see you still cant take light hearted banter from other fans and have to jump to conclusions that everyone is a Glasgow hater . i suppose there is no bad banter between the football teams in Scotland either !

but the usual suspects (us) always seem to deliver the type of reply that you demand . while the usual suspects sit back and wait for a reply with baited breath ... we dont like to disappoint   you , hence the reply .

good luck tonight and do not forget your buckets and spades . may the best team on the night win .

Just gets a bit annoying when its constant.  Especially when we canny control when it decides to rain .

Not even the alleged money tree on the first bend can buy you a dry night for speedway 

Edited by Paulco

15 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Every day I checked out big Carol with the ample puppies on BBC breakfast , and not once did she mention rain here yesterday . I went to my local shop around 7 last night and got drenched in the 5 minute walk . I just hope the title isn't decided like it was at Monmore Green last week , a mud bath like that just makes it a lottery 

Think we all agree the weather can’t be altered ,but why EVERY season are we running the Finals in October and having to run on off nights just to complete before end of season.Surely the Main Competitions and KOCup should be run first and local Competitions run at end of season.Find it incredible the inability to sort things out to a more satisfactory conclusion.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Paulco said:

Just gets a bit annoying when its constant.  Especially when we canny control when it decides to rain .

Not even the alleged money tree on the first bend can buy you a dry night for speedway 

Chucked it down here in Leicestershire last night but it’s a dry & bright one today. Should be a decent meeting later

2 hours ago, Cj69 said:

Disapointed in the rain off, had planned a wee journey through for some final speedway action this year.  Tuesday a horrible day (as any mid week day would be) as its a school night and that M8 a joke at times.  Fingers crossed for another rain off :D:P and rescheduled for weekend.  

Half Term?

8 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Half Term?

Not in Leicester it's not

37 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Half Term?

Might be thru West but by me they are back on Tuesday.  Doubt it should affect the locals going, more affect on any extras that might have attended.