British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

24 minutes ago, Gazc said:

If this is the case it could be a massive bite on the ars* he could end up with.

Wouldn't take much to at least congratulate your opponent.

its like cammy is reading from a script at times . the last person to follow scripts and lose was a guy called Adolf !

he prob still thinks that we all live in the 70s and can billshot his way through the season . god help him if he had a run of the mill team to manage . 

we still mates Gaz ?

5 minutes ago, jenga said:

its like cammy is reading from a script at times . the last person to follow scripts and lose was a guy called Adolf !

he prob still thinks that we all live in the 70s and can billshot his way through the season . god help him if he had a run of the mill team to manage . 

we still mates Gaz ?

Course J i always respect my elders.

• Thanks 1

Heat 15 was a killer, and it will probably prove to be when the final was won and lost

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Heat 15 was a killer, and it will probably prove to be when the final was won and lost

I'd have to agree. It was a great ride by Vissing to get round Lawson and Douglas on turn two.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big Al said:

Afraid you might be right. Would have preferred Nicholls to Douglas in heat 15 too. Before the meeting though I’d have been relatively happy with a 6 point lead. Given ourselves a fighting chance 

Couldn't make it to Leicester last night sadly.

Looks like the tie is well balanced before the second leg. Leicester favourites but the heat 15 5-1 for Glasgow gives them hope.

11 hours ago, 40-38 said:

It's odd to come away slightly deflated but with a 12 point lead, I think Glasgow had only had one other heat advantage all night. Cook didn't look interested after his engine went bang and Rasmus Jensen apart Glasgow were far poorer than I expected. Disappointed how Ryan Douglas tailed off and Scott Nicholls should have done better. I still think it'll be close at Ashfield, there's no way Glasgow will be so far adrift there. 

Cook didn't look interested??? Blows his best engine yet still wins his next race aye right 

• Like 3

Anyone who was their last night explain " the few dubious decisions" that  went against glasgow?

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

Cook didn't look interested??? Blows his best engine yet still wins his next race aye right 

Didn't just win it but worked his balls off to do it with an overtake on the last lap, on a track which wasn't allowing much chance.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, 40-38 said:

Cook didn't look interested after his engine went bang

He looked pretty interested when he chased down and passed Douglas in heat 11

• Like 3

11 hours ago, cityrebel said:

I'd have to agree. It was a great ride by Vissing to get round Lawson and Douglas on turn two.

You put in a pairing in heat 15, who don't ride together, and possibly in the wrong gate positions, it's going to give a few percentage to the opposition. Looked like the Lions pair left half the track open for Vissing and he took the open goal especially with the dirt having gone to the outside by then. You can't beat having two riders who are used to each other in that situation, or if not then two who have the experience to make the first turns difficult for their oppoenents.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Elmo said:

At a push I thought we would need a 10 point lead to have a sniff of a chance on aggregate, so on that front 12 is a plus.

However, Glasgows reserves won't be that poor at home and you wouldn't expect Cook or Jensen to drop many points either.

So both teams have it all to go for.

Poor refereeing decisions, didn't he the think Vissing touched the tapes then?

The  tapes did not go up right on the inside and when cami asked the COC. To check them after he had been excluded he was right and told the ref but the ref still refused to change his decision 

Edited by mac101
  • Thanks 1

Fun night with the Tiggerati on the back straight. Need everything to go our way on Tuesday, hopefully lady luck will even up Cookie's blow up. 

Only 'dubious' decision mentioned was that the tapes went up unevenly for  the exclusion of Claus but I had no view of that. 

Heat 15 was just the boost we needed before heading up the road. 

Nice setup at Leicester and everyone we met was friendly and welcoming apart from Lawlor and Perks. 

Edited by Fingersfin
  • Like 3

Anone know who the ref is on tuesday? And anyone going from workington got a spare seat lol.

Would have gone up to Glasgow but Tuesday would mean two days off work, but I suppose with it getting near the end of October they need to get the meeting over with.

I wonder if it will affect the crowd numbers.