British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

15 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Assume Jake Allen was unavailable as he was the obvious guest choice for the Lions at Ashfield.

If Cook does not experience the mechanical problems he had on Saturday, then he together with Rasmus Jensen are likely to go through the card on Tuesday.

Likewise the Glasgow reserves should outscore their Lions counterparts who enjoyed a 9 - 2 advantage at Beaumont Park.

I also cannot envisage Worrall  scoring as much as guest Lawson's 11 on Saturday.

Therefore expect Tigers to comfortably win  by more than 12, and even if it went to an aggregate draw,  who would bet against Cook & Rasmus Jensen  winning the initial Golden Heat for Glasgow?

I may be wrong here but Jake Allen was used by Redcar in the semi-final.

I seem to remember something being said you can't guest for another team in the play offs if already guested for one.

May be well off the mark here right enough.

52 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Assume Jake Allen was unavailable as he was the obvious guest choice for the Lions at Ashfield.

If Cook does not experience the mechanical problems he had on Saturday, then he together with Rasmus Jensen are likely to go through the card on Tuesday.

Likewise the Glasgow reserves should outscore their Lions counterparts who enjoyed a 9 - 2 advantage at Beaumont Park.

I also cannot envisage Worrall  scoring as much as guest Lawson's 11 on Saturday.

Therefore expect Tigers to comfortably win  by more than 12, and even if it went to an aggregate draw,  who would bet against Cook & Rasmus Jensen  winning the initial Golden Heat for Glasgow?

Worrall scored 17 at Ashfield earlier in the season.

• Like 1

Jake Allen could have been used if Leicester had wanted to, Steve Worrall scored 8 last time at Glasgow in a rain curtailed meeting and 17 in the Championship shield meeting.

However as myself and others have said I don’t think 12 is enough and Glasgow to win overall by 16-18 . if had been the other way round Leicester would have been confident of overhauling that deficit.

For Leicester to have a chance need Perks and Proctor to bear MBA and Sam Jensen along with mountain to take points off Bailey 

Edited by flagrag

1 hour ago, Gazc said:

I seem to remember something being said you can't guest for another team in the play offs if already guested for one.

Redcar used Lawson @ home in  semi & Lions used Lawson on Saturday, so Allen should have been eligible.

IIRC a guest can only appear for one side in a 2 legged round of a competition, e.g. KOC or Play-Off rounds.

9 minutes ago, cyclone said:

Redcar used Lawson @ home in  semi & Lions used Lawson on Saturday, so Allen should have been eligible.

IIRC a guest can only appear for one side in a 2 legged round of a competition, e.g. KOC or Play-Off rounds.

Yes saw that on another post , not much between Allen and Worrall around Ashfield , Allen seems to be the form rider behind Rasser , but Worrall very capable around our place.

1 hour ago, cyclone said:

48-41 to Tigers in league match,Harris guested and r-r for Bates,Worrell and Procter are the changes.S Jensen for Starke In Tigers Team.Will be tight IMO 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GlasVegas said:

Says all we need to know about you then, I'm sure your mother would be proud :lol:

All that snow in Glasgow must be settling on you

12 hours ago, flagrag said:

It will be tough for the Lions to keep this lead and can see why Glasgow are confident if we had lost by 12 away we would fancy chances of pulling it back.

Leicester will need to be at their best and pick up points from the middle order of the team if they are to be crowned Champions. I do hope that I am wrong but have a feeling that the dropped points in ht15 could be crucial in the aggregate score.  

Me too. I think Glasgow, with their fans behind them, will win by 14 or 16 points. I hope I am wrong as well. 

5 hours ago, Gazc said:

So did Richard Lawson , seems it's a badly worded rule open to manipulation . Who'd have thought that in speedway 

4 hours ago, flagrag said:

Jake Allen could have been used if Leicester had wanted to, Steve Worrall scored 8 last time at Glasgow in a rain curtailed meeting and 17 in the Championship shield meeting.

However as myself and others have said I don’t think 12 is enough and Glasgow to win overall by 16-18 . if had been the other way round Leicester would have been confident of overhauling that deficit.

For Leicester to have a chance need Perks and Proctor to bear MBA and Sam Jensen along with mountain to take points off Bailey 

Mountain had a decent meeting at Glasgow in the league . Seems Messrs Perks and Lawlor can expect a warm welcome on Tuesday 

• Like 1

What have Perks and Lawlor been up to?

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Various hand gestures towards the Glasgow support on Saturday night 

15 minutes ago, Paulco said:

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

various hand gestures towards the Glasgow support on Saturday night 

Responding back in similar fashion to Various hand gestures from the Glasgow support on Saturday night 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Responding back in similar fashion to Various hand gestures from the Glasgow support on Saturday night 

No that was waving 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Paulco said:

No that was waving 

Yes that was waving with one and two fingers. 

• Like 1