British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

3 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Responding back in similar fashion to Various hand gestures from the Glasgow support on Saturday night 

Didn't see the Perks one, but the Lawlor one was a bit classless. Not sure who flicked the first 'V's but I was one of the Glasgow fans applauding the rider back to the pits after a fall. 

Little bit of fan interaction never hurt anyone :-) 

Anyway my first away trip and bar the result which will be tight to overturn it was a thoroughly enjoyable night and a healthy home and away crowd there. 

1 minute ago, 1 valve said:

Yes that was waving with one and two fingers. 

Footballers get worse , but no matter  , they can act the prat all they like .

Edited by Paulco

5 minutes ago, KilliePieman said:

Anyway my first away trip and bar the result which will be tight to overturn it was a thoroughly enjoyable night and a healthy home and away crowd there. 

It was a great night and fantastic to see so many visiting supporters attending which really did create a superb atmosphere. The last heat 1 - 5 has definitely given Tigers hope in the tie and sets up the second leg perfectly. lets hope that whatever the result fans from both sides should show their support for their respective teams, riders and eventual winners in a manner befitting of the family sport which is speedway. 

• Like 2

The gap only being 12 flatters Glasgow, we really struggled as a team. Thought it was going to be about 20 points by the way we started the meeting.

Cook's engine failure was unfortunate. That was a six point swing in one race alone. 

It is all to play for tomorrow evening. Hopefully a big crowd and a 14 point win for the Tigers 

• Like 2

Don’t think it does riders any favours to get involved with the crowd, those riders have now put unnecessary scrutiny and pressure on themselves for the second leg. Best to keep ones council until the tie is decided. 

4 hours ago, Paulco said:

No that was waving 

Similar thing with a Glasgow Kiss, often mistaken in the heat of the moment.:P

5 hours ago, nagy1 said:

Cook's engine failure was unfortunate. That was a six point swing in one race alone. 

Surely only a four point swing? Lions finished 1&2 so if Cook had won  the correct assumption would be a 3 -3 v a 5-1 as Andersen was way behind after lap 1. 

Edited by 1 valve

On 10/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, Gazc said:

Just read the match report on the club website.

Is our team manager always going to blame bad luck and poor refereeing desicions,  it is not very gracious in defeat and not the first time.

He should congratulate his opponent on there victory then get the boy's fired up with his comments in private.

Just my opinion.

He's one of the reasons I want Leicester to lift that trophy , opens his gob and the garbage just spills out !! He has never once said that the better team won on the night , always an excuse as to why Glasgow get beat :rolleyes:

Not sure 12 points is enough at Ashfield, Cook and Rasmus will go through the card, , Bailey & Bickley will score more than the 2 at Leicester Nicholls needs to get his finger out, about time he stuck to his broadcasting 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 1 valve said:

Surely only a four point swing? Lions finished 1&2 so if Cook had won  the correct assumption would be a 3 -3 v a 5-1 as Andersen was way behind after lap 1. 

poor eyesight is a wonderful thing for some of us and even the red and white tinted specs cannot help some ! bach two skool fur sum ov uz EHH 

1 hour ago, 1 valve said:

Fair point well made. Monday morning posting is never the best idea.

Proctor a doubt for tomorrow saying he’s 50/50 to ride after his shoulder popped out. Be a real shame if the final was ruined due to an injury.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 1 valve said:

It was a great night and fantastic to see so many visiting supporters attending which really did create a superb atmosphere. The last heat 1 - 5 has definitely given Tigers hope in the tie and sets up the second leg perfectly. lets hope that whatever the result fans from both sides should show their support for their respective teams, riders and eventual winners in a manner befitting of the family sport which is speedway.

Yes let's have no repeat of the 2010 Poole v Coventry after match actions should the Lions end up being champions, but I'm sure the Glasgow promotion wouldn't stoop that low anyway. (There you go a mention of Poole on a thread not concerning them.) :D

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Gemini said:

Yes let's have no repeat of the 2010 Poole v Coventry after match actions should the Lions end up being champions, but I'm sure the Glasgow promotion wouldn't stoop that low anyway. (There you go a mention of Poole on a thread not concerning them.) :D

Heard  a rumour track was doctored  for the first leg :lol:

9 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Heard  a rumour track was doctored  for the first leg :lol:

The track was doctored by the wet stuff falling out of the sky.

• Like 1

Just to add my opinion on the lawlor, perks issue , where I was standing in the back straight with the rest of my fellow Glasgow fans singing, chanting ,blowing my air horn and having some good crack with a few Leicester fans, joe lawlor came off and was down for a minute or two when he got back up we were applauding  him and shouting c,mon joe, there was and hope there still is a lot of Glasgow fans who like joe, now I might be wrong but maybe he misinterpreted our applause and cheering for him , for which he started to give us the two fingers, and in turn he received that compliment back. Now as for perks just disgraceful and inexcusable behaviour , he went past the back straight no Glasgow fans had any issue with him and gave us all the middle finger, for which that compliment was paid back !!!! Now I for one will welcome most warmly mister perks tomorrow night, as I am sure a lot of Glasgow fans will also. xx