British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

3 minutes ago, Tigeratheart said:

Just to add my opinion on the lawlor, perks issue , where I was standing in the back straight with the rest of my fellow Glasgow fans singing, chanting ,blowing my air horn and having some good crack with a few Leicester fans, joe lawlor came off and was down for a minute or two when he got back up we were applauding  him and shouting c,mon joe, there was and hope there still is a lot of Glasgow fans who like joe, now I might be wrong but maybe he misinterpreted our applause and cheering for him , for which he started to give us the two fingers, and in turn he received that compliment back. Now as for perks just disgraceful and inexcusable behaviour , he went past the back straight no Glasgow fans had any issue with him and gave us all the middle finger, for which that compliment was paid back !!!! Now I for one will welcome most warmly mister perks tomorrow night, as I am sure a lot of Glasgow fans will also. xx

fans love to interact with riders and riders with fans . everyone has to man or woman up to todays reactions from other humans . 

hope the meeting goes ahead tomorrow and no funny stuff like doctoring the track, like they did @ Leicester  ......

2 minutes ago, jenga said:

fans love to interact with riders and riders with fans . everyone has to man or woman up to todays reactions from other humans . 

hope the meeting goes ahead tomorrow and no funny stuff like doctoring the track, like they did @ Leicester  ......

Ah bless you Jenga, your really alright . xx

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

The track was doctored by the wet stuff falling out of the sky.

Read page 8 post 8

Me and a mate that went to Leicester on Sat thoroughly enjoyed the meeting, plenty of drama, a packed stadium with 2 sets of loud adoring fans (you guys are a credit to Speedway)

May the best team win tomorrow night

• Like 7

49 minutes ago, MANSE said:

Read page 8 post 8

Not quite sure how you can deliberately doctor a track that was partly submerged 24 hours earlier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Good luck to both teams tomorrow, hope its a good meeting and the weather behaves. I think the Tigers will overturn the 12 point deficit with better returns from Cook and the two reserves.

Edited by bellevueace

1 hour ago, MANSE said:

Read page 8 post 8

I'm a neutral that has attended the last four meetings at BP. The track has been on the slick side for all of them. How it's possible to doctor the track in such wet conditions is beyond me. They did well to get it on last saturday.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Good luck to both teams tomorrow, hope its a good meeting and the weather behaves. I think the Tigers will overturn the 12 point deficit with better returns from Cook and the two reserves.

I've got a fancy for Leicester to hold on myself, if Mountain can take care of Glasgow's reserves. Cook & Jensen might be hard to beat and Vissing is in good form too I think Leicester need to pack the minor places so they don't concede too many head advantages. Although 13 & 15 could be tough they need a big night from Nicholls. 

1 hour ago, cityrebel said:

I'm a neutral that has attended the last four meetings at BP. The track has been on the slick side for all of them. How it's possible to doctor the track in such wet conditions is beyond me. They did well to get it on last saturday.

I was standing by the first turn thinking to myself what a crap job we’ve done of doctoring this track. Especially as an opposition rider scores a brilliant, impeccable 15 point max and the only rider to look uncomfortable and fall off was one of our own

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bloom89 said:

I've got a fancy for Leicester to hold on myself, if Mountain can take care of Glasgow's reserves. Cook & Jensen might be hard to beat and Vissing is in good form too I think Leicester need to pack the minor places so they don't concede too many head advantages. Although 13 & 15 could be tough they need a big night from Nicholls. 

You certainly need a big night from Nichols that could make the difference IMO.

• Like 1

For any travelling fans, it was dry yesterday, is currently dry and the forecast is dry. Although there's not much heat :shock: so wrap up 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

For any travelling fans, it was dry yesterday, is currently dry and the forecast is dry. Although there's not much heat :shock: so wrap up 

I thought there was plenty heat in the tigers.:D Good luck to both teams and may the best team win, nice to see it is dry for today.

Edited by soupy

Good luck to Cookie and our neighbours from the West. Fly the flag for Scotland

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Good luck to Cookie and our neighbours from the West. Fly the flag for Scotland

Thanks, shame some of your fellow fans would rather see the trophy go South

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dorothy58 said:

Thanks, shame some of your fellow fans would rather see the trophy go South

Correct, you’re not allowed to win things. ;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2