British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

Congrats to LEI, you killed us in the first leg and we couldnt have made it easier for you in the second. Three exclusions, an EF and a rider at the tapes with his steel shoe detached, you just couldnt make it up. 

Vissing was on it tonight, his best meeting in his best season IMO especially his first two heats where he had to go out alone. Bickley also had a decent meeting.

What a season its been though, great meetings week in week out from June onwards. I would argue again that we need a strong reserve with a close starting average to the No2 who can interchange with the reserve berth over a season. The top heavy culture of team building hasnt brought a league title but has gotten closer.

Well done to Leicester, special mention to Ty Procter Ht8&12 his shoulder was obviously giving him some pain and Ellis Perks his Ht14 match winning ride from last to1st was sensational.Also sporting for Lawlor to clear the track when he fell in Ht 14 as Perks was behind the 2 Glasgow riders-at the time.

Though the track prep was too slick and caught out the Glasgow riders more than the opposition.Tense stuff at the end though.

Shouldn't throw objects at the riders though,naughty.

Edited by Fromafar

Well done Leicester , fitting the team that tops the league wins the title . It was a cracking meeting tonight . Our three heat leaders were excellent , just needed more than Kyle Bickley backing them up . For Leicester Perks had the best meeting I've ever seen him have and he had solid back up . 

Oh well that's it over for another year , and another year we've not quite managed to win anything , but it's been a really enjoyable journey this season , roll on 2020 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Shouldn't throw objects at the riders though,naughty.

Shouldn't do three laps of wheelies. He invited it as much as it shouldn't have happened.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, MD said:

Shouldn't do three laps of wheelies. He invited it as much as it shouldn't have happened.

Really!!!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Have to disagree with you on that one under no circumstances should any object be thrown the culprit being ejected may be the least of his worries a lifetime ban should hopefully follow .

As for the wheelies the lad had just went from last to first to clinch the title personally i wouldn't begrudge him that.

Well said.

• Like 2

Congratulations Lions, deserved. Best team I saw visit Perry Barr by s long way.

Well done to Leicester, always good to see the team who finished top ending up as champions. Also well done to Glasgow fans for their dignity in defeat and not biting to any of the garbage posted on the thread by people whose teams were nowhere near the final, seems that jealousy will never go away. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Have to disagree with you on that one under no circumstances should any object be thrown the culprit being ejected may be the least of his worries a lifetime ban should hopefully follow .

As for the wheelies the lad had just went from last to first to clinch the title personally i wouldn't begrudge him that.

It was Lawlor who came back round for a third lap after Perks stopped at the pit gate. No it shouldnt have happened, yes he was goading the crowd.

• Sad 1

Well done Leicester, best team from day one this season, and showed how to defend a lead in the playoffs, primarily no panic and certainly in the early heats no last places. One extra shout to Ellis Perks fantastic season, hope the upward momentum continues. 

Congratulations to Leicester, best team over the two legs. 

What a final though, great crowd, fantastic racing all night, the Tigers made a hell of a fight for it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Congratulations to Leicester on the championship, Perks has really come on in leaps and bounds this season Worrall not really a good guest with a below average return and underlining why I wouldn't re sign him next season, good to see kyle rack up a good score though.

I dont know what has happened with Steve's overall form this year. Even at Newcastle he has blown hot and cold.  Saw him at Berwick with Newcastle and he was superb.  Engine problems maybe?

Best team all year wins league, wonderful stuff, richly deserved.

Edited by ruckerroo