British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

What is true is that Glasgow replaced riders pretty poorly.. going for Andersen and Jensen was just poor management.. Leciester managed there situation better and i think they would of won over two legs if both Starke and Worrall had been fit

• Like 2

8 hours ago, wtf said:

Lenny

Nagy1 may well be looking at much of this weeks events through some red and white tinted glasses, but believe me when I say Mr McGregor has never has a red and white tint to his decision making and I would imagine his appointments are based as much on geography as anything else. His usual tints of decision making were very much blue and gold in the past ;)

imho of course

Jim may be nicknamed Grand Monarch but IMO he is a fair referee. We compete in a GB league with GB referees. Doesn’t stand any nonsense from riders. Other refs could take a leaf out of his book. 

21 hours ago, iainb said:

Is it any wonder that it's not in the local paper when the club can't even be bothered to do media for their fans on their own website... just another match on a Tuesday night in October.

Sadly Leicster are not the obly club who can't be bothered to give their fans something to enjoy in return for their loyal support. It's part of the UK disease that spells the demise of league speedway as we know it here. They often go on about "look at socail media it's buzzing". Many people choose not to look at or use social media and it's the lazy person's excuse. Why bother to even run a club website then? I am confident that social media has not increased support on the terraces, however much you post there.

• Like 1

On 10/24/2019 at 7:53 AM, nagy1 said:

Are you alluding to the way Glasgow didn't allow Leicester to loan Victor? Glasgow would of been happy for your to buy him. If your promotion had played ball with Sarj at the start of the season there wouldn't of been a problem.

If I've got things right, Leicester decided not to purchase Palovaara, were only interested in having him on a loan basi but Glasgow didn't allow it. So he was available to be re-employed by Glasgow, had they been able to accommodate him. I'm not a Glasgow expert, so I presume they either decided he wouldn't improve the side, or just couldn't fit him in. If they had done, maybe it would have changed the outcome of the league title, but as I said I'm no Glasgow expert and have no idea if he could have been accommodated.

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Sadly Leicster are not the obly club who can't be bothered to give their fans something to enjoy in return for their loyal support. It's part of the UK disease that spells the demise of league speedway as we know it here. They often go on about "look at socail media it's buzzing". Many people choose not to look at or use social media and it's the lazy person's excuse. Why bother to even run a club website then? I am confident that social media has not increased support on the terraces, however much you post there.

I used to follow Leicester Speedway on Twitter... until they blocked me, turns out they didn't want to hear my opinions during one of the debacles that were run at BP this year. So perhaps that is buzzing? I'll never know. It's easier than ever before for somebody to interview somebody or take video using a mobile phone and upload it to a website... yet still nothing

48 minutes ago, Big Al said:

If I've got things right, Leicester decided not to purchase Palovaara, were only interested in having him on a loan basi but Glasgow didn't allow it. So he was available to be re-employed by Glasgow, had they been able to accommodate him. I'm not a Glasgow expert, so I presume they either decided he wouldn't improve the side, or just couldn't fit him in. If they had done, maybe it would have changed the outcome of the league title, but as I said I'm no Glasgow expert and have no idea if he could have been accommodated.

Or maybe Victor didn't fancy riding for us, entirely possible he spat the dummy you can hardly blame him.

is there going to be a highlights DVD on sale of the tigers 2019 season ?  if so it will be a good Christmas prezzie for me . put it on the list , just in case .. 

40 minutes ago, jenga said:

is there going to be a highlights DVD on sale of the tigers 2019 season ?  if so it will be a good Christmas prezzie for me . put it on the list , just in case .. 

If it’s full of racing like heat 13 from the other night which I saw on social media then it will be well worth buying, superb speedway. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

If it’s full of racing like heat 13 from the other night which I saw on social media then it will be well worth buying, superb speedway. 

We've had that type of thing all season . The track has produced the best speedway we've seen in many a year . Ok it would have been nice to have silverware at the end of the season , apart from the Pairs , but the entertainment has more that made up for the lack of trophys.  

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Paulco said:

We've had that type of thing all season . The track has produced the best speedway we've seen in many a year . Ok it would have been nice to have silverware at the end of the season , apart from the Pairs , but the entertainment has more that made up for the lack of trophys.  

Agree some great Speedway this season.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gazc said:

Or maybe Victor didn't fancy riding for us, entirely possible he spat the dummy you can hardly blame him.

Fair point!

Ellis Perks’ title winning ride in heat 14 is on the Leicester Speedway Twitter page now. It’s a great piece of riding on a great racetrack. Good stuff

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr Bump said:

Ellis Perks’ title winning ride in heat 14 is on the Leicester Speedway Twitter page now. It’s a great piece of riding on a great racetrack. Good stuff

I can't help thinking Perks is a classic example of a rider getting better and better with the more rides he gets. For him riding for 3 teams has worked really well. In other cases some riders are only getting 3 rides a week and are unable to improve and or afford to continue riding. Well done Mr Perks you have shown others it can be done. 

14 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

I can't help thinking Perks is a classic example of a rider getting better and better with the more rides he gets. For him riding for 3 teams has worked really well. In other cases some riders are only getting 3 rides a week and are unable to improve and or afford to continue riding. Well done Mr Perks you have shown others it can be done. 

And yet only two years ago he wasn’t picked by any team in any league despite having several years’ experience!

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

And yet only two years ago he wasn’t picked by any team in any league despite having several years’ experience!

He wasn't picked for 2018 because his average was quite high in the eyes of those who were building teams that year. in 2017 he started the year on a 2.38 at reserve, had a great year at Redcar and more than doubled it to 5.08. I think from memory he spent the last month or so in the main body and held his own, but obviously team builders wrongly saw little improvement potential so chose to ignore him. This year he will finish the season on a 6.40 average and could well have the same issues as before. I hope not for his sake.