British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

6 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Well bigger deficit than i was hoping for , well done to Leicester on building a very decent 12 point lead.

Big ask for us now in the 2nd leg still a chance but only a small one , it is Leicester's to lose now , congrats to them again 

come on gaz , you have it in the bag . stop sand bagging ........

8 minutes ago, jenga said:

come on gaz , you have it in the bag . stop sand bagging ........

Leicester for me are now the clear favourites, 12 points is a big ask against a very good and solid team.

Granted we will get more points from most of our team were you would expect Cookie to at least double his score so you never know.

Edited by Gazc

That heat 15 just swung it in Tigers favour imo.  Be a few tigers on here saying it Leicesters lose but its equally Glasgows to win.  Cook and Jensen won't get touched.  Just need the rest to chip in and its yours.   12 points does keep it interesting and should help the crowd level.  

• Like 1

Just read the match report on the club website.

Is our team manager always going to blame bad luck and poor refereeing desicions,  it is not very gracious in defeat and not the first time.

He should congratulate his opponent on there victory then get the boy's fired up with his comments in private.

Just my opinion.

• Like 5

It's odd to come away slightly deflated but with a 12 point lead, I think Glasgow had only had one other heat advantage all night. Cook didn't look interested after his engine went bang and Rasmus Jensen apart Glasgow were far poorer than I expected. Disappointed how Ryan Douglas tailed off and Scott Nicholls should have done better. I still think it'll be close at Ashfield, there's no way Glasgow will be so far adrift there. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Leicester for me are now the clear favourites, 12 points is a big ask against a very good and solid team.

Granted we will get more points from most of our team were you would expect Cookie to at least double his score so you never know.

Reverse psychology gaz.;)

2 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Reverse psychology gaz.;)

If this is the case it could be a massive bite on the ars* he could end up with.

Wouldn't take much to at least congratulate your opponent.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gazc said:

Just read the match report on the club website.

Is our team manager always going to blame bad luck and poor refereeing desicions,  it is not very gracious in defeat and not the first time.

He should congratulate his opponent on there victory then get the boy's fired up with his comments in private.

Just my opinion.

What poor refereeing decisions? I must have missed that! I think Glasgow were poor and their travelling fans who were brilliant deserved better for their journey. As much as I'm pleased with the lead I did hope for a more exciting meeting... 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

What poor refereeing decisions? I must have missed that! I think Glasgow were poor and their travelling fans who were brilliant deserved better for their journey. As much as I'm pleased with the lead I did hope for a more exciting meeting... 

Only quoting what our team manager said, as i say he should be more gracious in defeat.

• Like 1

Very finely balanced I’d say. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Only quoting what our team manager said, as i say he should be more gracious in defeat.

I've just read it and I'm baffled, the only real decisions he had to make all night was Vissing breaking the tapes and Lawlor falling on his own. 

The Glasgow fans I spoke to were certainly more gracious and certainly not downcast so I'm sure it'll be a close thing on Tuesday, hopefully with the Lions on top! 

At a push I thought we would need a 10 point lead to have a sniff of a chance on aggregate, so on that front 12 is a plus.

However, Glasgows reserves won't be that poor at home and you wouldn't expect Cook or Jensen to drop many points either.

So both teams have it all to go for.

Poor refereeing decisions, didn't he the think Vissing touched the tapes then?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gazc said:

He would be better saying nothing than the rubbish he spouts most of the time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Elmo said:

At a push I thought we would need a 10 point lead to have a sniff of a chance on aggregate, so on that front 12 is a plus.

However, Glasgows reserves won't be that poor at home and you wouldn't expect Cook or Jensen to drop many points either.

So both teams have it all to go for.

Poor refereeing decisions, didn't he the think Vissing touched the tapes then?

Who knows i would have preferred he highlighted the first two paragraphs of your post rather than what he did say.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

He would be better saying nothing than the rubbish he spouts most of the time.

Can't argue with that.