British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Big Al

Championship Grand Final 2019

13 hours ago, Fromafar said:

He would be better saying nothing than the rubbish he spouts most of the time.

Maybe he has been reading some of your posts

It will be tough for the Lions to keep this lead and can see why Glasgow are confident if we had lost by 12 away we would fancy chances of pulling it back.

Leicester will need to be at their best and pick up points from the middle order of the team if they are to be crowned Champions. I do hope that I am wrong but have a feeling that the dropped points in ht15 could be crucial in the aggregate score 

3 hours ago, geoff100 said:

Anyone who was their last night explain " the few dubious decisions" that  went against glasgow?

The only two decisions the ref had to make was to warn Proctor in heat one for delaying the start and then to exclude Vissing for going through the tapes.

Edited by W9 Lion
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mac101 said:

The  tapes did not go up right on the inside and when cami asked the COC. To check them after he had been excluded he was right and told the ref but the ref still refused to change his decision 

Nothing wrong with the way the tapes were going up from where I stood.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, W9 Lion said:

The only two decisions the ref had to make was to warn Proctor in heat one for delaying the start and then to exclude Vissing for going through the tapes.

I thought it was the start marshall that was delaying the start in heat 1 in trying to provoke Craig Cook into having a nervous breakdown :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I thought it was the start marshall that was delaying the start in heat 1 in trying to provoke Craig Cook into having a nervous breakdown :rofl:

You might want to rethink and perhaps even delete that comment, unless of course you feel that mental health is something to laugh about?

• Like 8

Enjoyed my first visit to BP, nice set-up although the approach/parking set-up is a bit odd. Speaking to some Lions fans afterwards, in reply to being asked about the generally poor quality of racing, they suggested that the track had clearly been prepped to gain a home advantage - unsurprising perhaps.

Definitely wanted to get a few points more than we did, hopefully lady luck will level things out for Tigers come Tuesday night though. Leicester have a terrific away record this season and that alone must suggest they will push 40pts on Tuesday night, a 12 point lead makes them firm favourites in my book.

The tie is very finely balanced though, and Glasgow absolutely can turn the tables … heats 12-15 on Tuesday could be sensationally tense! 

59 minutes ago, GlasVegas said:

You might want to rethink and perhaps even delete that comment, unless of course you feel that mental health is something to laugh about?

I've had a good think about it and I'll leave my comments. I'll laugh at pretty much anything

21 hours ago, Gazc said:

Just read the match report on the club website.

Is our team manager always going to blame bad luck and poor refereeing desicions,  it is not very gracious in defeat and not the first time.

He should congratulate his opponent on there victory then get the boy's fired up with his comments in private.

Just my opinion.

Always thought Brown has swallowed a book on Sports cliches. 

Dont think Leicester have enough of a lead to win overall. 12 points could be clawed back in first 5 heats.

Who are Leicester using as a guest?

6 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Always thought Brown has swallowed a book on Sports cliches. 

Dont think Leicester have enough of a lead to win overall. 12 points could be clawed back in first 5 heats.

Who are Leicester using as a guest?

Steve Worrall. 

41 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Steve Worrall. 

Assume Jake Allen was unavailable as he was the obvious guest choice for the Lions at Ashfield.

If Cook does not experience the mechanical problems he had on Saturday, then he together with Rasmus Jensen are likely to go through the card on Tuesday.

Likewise the Glasgow reserves should outscore their Lions counterparts who enjoyed a 9 - 2 advantage at Beaumont Park.

I also cannot envisage Worrall  scoring as much as guest Lawson's 11 on Saturday.

Therefore expect Tigers to comfortably win  by more than 12, and even if it went to an aggregate draw,  who would bet against Cook & Rasmus Jensen  winning the initial Golden Heat for Glasgow?

Edited by cyclone

44 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Steve Worrall. 

Surprise choice. 

55 minutes ago, iainb said:

I've had a good think about it and I'll leave my comments. I'll laugh at pretty much anything

Says all we need to know about you then, I'm sure your mother would be proud :lol:

• Haha 1