British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

1 minute ago, chun said:

Was tempted to go to this to experience the exploits of Jason ‘the diver’ Doyle, Toby ‘throw the bike down’  Musielak and Adam ‘jump the start’ Ellis first hand.  However I don’t feel that these unsportsmanlike antics warrant wasting 20 pounds.  Shame as it’s my local track now which has this season enjoyed more entertainment and passing than the last ten years put together

You need to get out more

Doyle hurt his ankle, Heeps was rightly excluded (as was Ellis) and Ellis also for once didnt jump just rode very well.....................i dont think your an Ipswich fan somehow

12 minutes ago, Gavan said:

You need to get out more

Doyle hurt his ankle, Heeps was rightly excluded (as was Ellis) and Ellis also for once didnt jump just rode very well.....................i dont think your an Ipswich fan somehow

Look pal I’ve been going since I was 2

Just now, chun said:

Look pal I’ve been going since I was 2

Your point being................

Im an Ipswich fan and the ref got things right last night............

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Your point being................

Im an Ipswich fan and the ref got things right last night............

Err. Just because you tipped Swindon for the title you are now trying to bathe in your own ‘I told you so’ fountain of righteousness.  Fact is that heat 1, morally speaking, should have been a 5-1. Doyle in his 2nd heat made a byline for the apex of the bend off gate 4 and never made it so bailed off.  Musielak waited for the merest of contacts before laying it down when heeps held his line.

swindon are the strongest team in the league make no mistake.  But their victory at foxhall was certainly tainted by some questionable refereeing.  When should it benefit a team to jump starts and throw the bike down?  Let’s call this for what it was.  Witches have the moral high ground here.

Edited by chun
  • Haha 3

I meant to say that the ref did a great job last night - he got every decision right :t:

Chun ......  it appears there’s a new dick in town. 

Gotta love the internet 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Jonny the spud said:

Chun ......  it appears there’s a new dick in town. 

Gotta love the internet 

Short for chunder or chunter which pretty much sums them up 

Good luck tonight to both teams for an exciting and interesting match.  I am expecting the Robins to “bring it home” tonight though #COYR

Not sure this meeting will happen tonight. We're definitely going to get some rain today. BBC forecast has rain from 2pm through till 9 whereas AccuWeather is more favourable showing intermittent showers. I think they'll do everything they can to get it run..

19 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

Not sure this meeting will happen tonight. We're definitely going to get some rain today. BBC forecast has rain from 2pm through till 9 whereas AccuWeather is more favourable showing intermittent showers. I think they'll do everything they can to get it run..

It's one of those days weather wise, definitely. I just watched the weather forecast on BBC, and they had a graphic showing the rain coming in. Not one bit of that graphic went over Swindon, which rather got hopes up! So, hopefully it will miss.

• Like 1

It’ll be off just before the start it’ll lash it down. Typical of this season. If it’s off what is the revised date?

Edited by Andy71

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

It's one of those days weather wise, definitely. I just watched the weather forecast on BBC, and they had a graphic showing the rain coming in. Not one bit of that graphic went over Swindon, which rather got hopes up! So, hopefully it will miss.

The best one to use is metoffice, their radar has the rain due between 10-12, after that it disappears. This was updated at 8am. Hopefully we have minimal rain. I'm at Kembrey Park (about a mile from the Abbey) & their are currently white clouds with blue skies.

• Like 1

two races gone 2-10 the score, the tie is poised at 51-51, kelvin tatums head has exploded sending nige into a meltdown of all meltdowns, heat 3 play off bomber finally appears and breaks the swindon track record en route to a famous victory for the Witches!! 

c'mon boys its only halftime, glass is half full, lets get at em!

*off to take my medicine now :drink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1