British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

15 minutes ago, 89buttons said:

two races gone 2-10 the score, the tie is poised at 51-51, kelvin tatums head has exploded sending nige into a meltdown of all meltdowns, heat 3 play off bomber finally appears and breaks the swindon track record en route to a famous victory for the Witches!! 

c'mon boys its only halftime, glass is half full, lets get at em!

*off to take my medicine now :drink:

As odd as it may seem, I'm kind of hoping we're made to  work for it.....as you say it's only half time. Anything can happen over the next 15 heats.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Reliant Robin said:

As odd as it may seem, I'm kind of hoping we're made to  work for it.....as you say it's only half time. Anything can happen over the next 15 heats.

How awful would it be if shovlar was proven right and it’s actually the most one sided final ever 

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

How awful would it be if shovlar was proven right and it’s actually the most one sided final ever 

Just stop taking notice of what he says. There’s nothing clever in crowing on about the most likely scenario. He’s had an excellent few days fishing because people keep on rising to his bait.

It would make the night a bit more entertaining if there were some diabolical reffing decisions to even the scores up a bit and create a bit of jeopardy. 

Some hard racing, controversial reffing and few handbags flying about would fire the atmosphere right up and make it a much better playoff.

The weather might still have its say yet. Had a shower here already but bright again now.

• Like 2

Hoping for another 66-24 battering, but deep down want a humdinger of a meeting. And the famous Abbey roar. Robins fans coming from Wales, Southampton, Surrey, etc.,

Come on Robins!!!

Edited by auntie doris

1 hour ago, Speedy swindon pete said:

Just stop taking notice of what he says. There’s nothing clever in crowing on about the most likely scenario. He’s had an excellent few days fishing because people keep on rising to his bait.

It would make the night a bit more entertaining if there were some diabolical reffing decisions to even the scores up a bit and create a bit of jeopardy. 

Some hard racing, controversial reffing and few handbags flying about would fire the atmosphere right up and make it a much better playoff.

The weather might still have its say yet. Had a shower here already but bright again now.

Sunny now after a few spots of rain. Forecast looks clear now. Club tweeted pics of the track & looks in good nick....Tractors have been working on it since Tuesday.

1 hour ago, hyabb17 said:

Sunny now after a few spots of rain. Forecast looks clear now. Club tweeted pics of the track & looks in good nick....Tractors have been working on it since Tuesday.

jeez , was it that bad ?

9 minutes ago, jenga said:

jeez , was it that bad ?

I don't think so however it's a final so why wouldn't you want to ensure it's all good?

I hope Ipswich make a fight of it but I doubt it, Swindon have far better riders and Batch will perform better, probably get a paid max. 55-35 is my prediction.

Piecheck has been Witches top scorer last couple of times at The Abbey, they will miss him.

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Hoping for another 66-24 battering, but deep down want a humdinger of a meeting. And the famous Abbey roar. Robins fans coming from Wales, Southampton, Surrey, etc.,

Come on Robins!

Will we get 24? The Ipswich riders will be bang up for it tonight,,, so 26 is on. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Will we get 24? The Ipswich riders will be bang up for it tonight,,, so 26 is on. 

Would have preferred a slight Ippo lead from first leg.

Will go 58-32.

Edited by auntie doris

The playoff final and 6 pages. Shows what people think of this second leg. No one cares other than the two teams involved and it’s a real shame. 

There’s no drama, jeopardy, nerves or anything about tonight. Flat as a fart pre meeting excitement sorry to say. Just calling it as I see it, not trying to wind anyone up. It’s just a fact.

There’s no baddies you hope will fail, no goodies you hope will win.  We can only hope Ipswich turn up with some fire in their bellies. Because they certainly didn’t have any in the first leg.

If Ipswich get within 20 I will be suprised.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The playoff final and 6 pages. Shows what people think of this second leg. No one cares other than the two teams involved and it’s a real shame. 

There’s no drama, jeopardy, nerves or anything about tonight. Flat as a fart pre meeting excitement sorry to say. Just calling it as I see it, not trying to wind anyone up. It’s just a fact.

There’s no baddies you hope will fail, no goodies you hope will win.  We can only hope Ipswich turn up with some fire in their bellies. Because they certainly didn’t have any in the first leg.

If Ipswich get within 20 I will be suprised.

Just goes to show how poor Poole were then.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Silver Cheetah Snr said:

Just goes to show how poor Poole were then.

Bloody hell there’s a name from the past!

Yes a wet track in the first leg took away our chance of a proper lead.

But at this moment I bet many neutrals would have loved us to be against Swindon tonight. Even if it was to play the baddies. Would have put some life in this one sided final.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bloody hell there’s a name from the past!

Yes a wet track in the first leg took away our chance of a proper lead.

But at this moment I bet many neutrals would have loved us to be against Swindon tonight. Even if it was to play the baddies. Would have put some life in this dull final.

Swindon would have done you in the first leg so no difference really Poole were poor in the semifinals and don't keep blaming the track yawn

• Like 1