Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

Thought the showers might die out but they are very heavy and heading Swindon’s way. Could be a real leveller.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Thought the showers might die out but they are very heavy and heading Swindon’s way. Could be a real leveller.

Like in the semi's?

34 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bloody hell there’s a name from the past!

Yes a wet track in the first leg took away our chance of a proper lead.

But at this moment I bet many neutrals would have loved us to be against Swindon tonight. Even if it was to play the baddies. Would have put some life in this one sided final.

I would think the total opposite regarding the neutrals.Many would go for any other team ahead of Poole.

Anyway Ipswich are there on merit,so they deserve to be at Swindon tonight.Not Poole or any other team.Whatever the score might be Ipswich deserve it.

• Like 3

I must confess surprise at Ipswich's riding order tonight - King at 2 and Heeps at 5 - or is this another Hawkins masterstroke?

This meeting could be rain affected looking at the latest radar. Wet track leveller? 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

I must confess surprise at Ipswich's riding order tonight - King at 2 and Heeps at 5 - or is this another Hawkins masterstroke?

Seems sensible to me. With judicious juggling of the reserves Danny could ride with Iversen three times and Jake Allen once, and  Heeps could ride with Allen or Iversen in each of his races. Ipswich need heat advantages to have any chance, this line-up gives good opportunities for that.

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

Seems sensible to me. With judicious juggling of the reserves Danny could ride with Iversen three times and Jake Allen once, and  Heeps could ride with Allen or Iversen in each of his races. Ipswich need heat advantages to have any chance, this line-up gives good opportunities for that.

Not for me- never put a weaker rider at 5 to ride with the reserves 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Don't forget though, Hawkins is team manager 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Not for me either but Hawkins knows best. I may have to eat my words but doubt it . COYR.

16 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

is king actually better than heeps these days??

Just now, 89buttons said:

is king actually better than heeps these days??

King or Harris it has to be for me. Every rider has to step up for Ipswich tonight- i wouldn`t bet on the Iversen / King partnership getting any  heat advantage in their 3 rides together tonight.

Looks like the heavy showers are now fading away. Fingers crossed it stays dry.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Iversen can’t cope. What a let down.

A decent sized crowd there tonight.