British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Here comes the Queen cd......

God knows I'm miserable now is your theme tune.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You had to be born before 1960.

I am not that old.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

I find, even now, utterly amazing how many have had a go at what was, clearly, a humorous tongue in cheek post.( Ford digging holes, Swindon gating tarts)

Actually I find it funny so many didn’t “get it”.

You make that many nonsensical posts that they all blend into one load of absolute tripe.

For the first time I'm actually quite happy to see the end of this season, the domestic tv coverage has been garbage this time around.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

So they should, total lack of pride and shocking performance by the so called top ippo guys

Do you really believe they didn't try their best?They were simply pulled apart by a fabulous side.Just like they would Poole,King's Lynn and the rest.Sometimes you just have to give credit to the better team.It's always easy to criticize the losers.

• Like 2

All over. Well done to Swindon. All very easy as expected. The worse playoff final on record, and by a margin, but certainly not Swindon’s fault, who have been favourites since mid season.

Glad they got a big crowd. That’s what the playoffs do. Bring in the fans. If that sized crowd could be a weekly turnout the sport would be in good shape.

Lets all hope we don’t get another final like that again though.

• Like 2

Oh dear Kind of expected Ipswich to get a hiding however the fact that some were so far of the pace was disgraceful 

2 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

What a disgrace Ipswich. I suppose they have next year to look forward to but this really is an unmitigated failure by six of the seven riders. 

Are you Shovlar's love child you seem to hate Ipswich as much as he does.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I’ve had a few beers celebrating 

Glad to hear it. Hope you and a SteveO are there and not watching on tv.......

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

What are you on about? I don’t hate Ipswich at all! I don’t ‘hate’ any speedway club.

1 minute ago, Bash said:

No but a realistic observer. Ipswich have managed to create history for the wrong reason. I do not hate Ipswich but dispise inept riders who do this for a living but fail miserably and frankly you look at Iversen who rode in Germany at the weekend on a poor track a scored double figures and yet is crap. Danny King talks a good talk but really cannot be any better than a second string in this league. Jake is the only rider who has anything to be proud of. Ipswich have done better in prior years but this has to be down as a piss poor performance and not something to be proud of.

• Like 1

Do you really think that any of the other playoff teams would've done any better.

1 minute ago, Bash said:

Do you really think that any of the other playoff teams would've done any better.

They may have kept it interesting. 

Yes! Absolutely! Ipswich had no fire or desire! 
Swindon would have still won but Poole would have given them a challenge, no doubt about it. Brady Jack, Josh and Nicolai all ride Swindon well. Something like 50-40, not 62-whatever.

Edited by Steve Shovlar