British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

4 minutes ago, Hawk127 said:

No but a realistic observer. Ipswich have managed to create history for the wrong reason. I do not hate Ipswich but dispise inept riders who do this for a living but fail miserably and frankly you look at Iversen who rode in Germany at the weekend on a poor track a scored double figures and yet is crap. Danny King talks a good talk but really cannot be any better than a second string in this league. Jake is the only rider who has anything to be proud of. Ipswich have done better in prior years but this has to be down as a piss poor performance and not something to be proud of.

They were the first team to knock out the league leaders in the semis so not all bad.

18 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Who are they?

Electric light orchestra. 

Congratulations Swindon 

Were the closing words on this broadcast confirmation that domestic speedway will not be on BT next year?

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes! Absolutely! Ipswich had no fire or desire! 
Swindon would have still won but Poole would have given them a challenge, no doubt about it. Brady Jack, Josh and Nicolai all ride Swindon well. Something like 50-40, not 62-whatever.

Ahhh but you didn't you got beat in the semi :t: 

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Man utd may get relegated with luck whereas Poole have chosen to be relegated. 

Why would a team like Poole want to drop down  

Just now, Pob said:

Ahhh but you didn't you got beat in the semi :t: 

I was answering a question, would any other team have done better tonight. The answer is absolutely yes. 

Very one sided on the end but I thought some of the action tonight was pretty good, the new track is a massive upgrade on the old one. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Booey boy said:

Why would a team like Poole want to drop down  

Why should it bother you? 

Tell me a team that would have done any better than Ipswich tonight and don't say Poole because they would have done no better

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bash said:

They were the first team to knock out the league leaders in the semis so not all bad.

Agree and on the night they did well but when it really matters having achieved this they could not step up to the real challenge. A team on form crying out for a real match but alas it was not to be. It did not make a great spectacle from a TV perspective but alas it was what it was. Not the best of play offs and one that historically will be recorded for the wrong reasons as far as the Witches are concerned. Time to re-Group and see where the sport takes itself.

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Why should it bother you? 

Why shouldn't  it I still watch speedway even though I don't support a team at the  moment

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I find, even now, utterly amazing how many have had a go at what was, clearly, a humorous tongue in cheek post.( Ford digging holes, Swindon gating tarts)

Actually I find it funny so many didn’t “get it”.

Maybe you actually need to be funny, Steve?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

What did she say?

It is what they did not say and only referred to the GP for next year. It sounded like a farewell but hopefully not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Booey boy said:

Tell me a team that would have done any better than Ipswich tonight and don't say Poole because they would have done no better

We have got 2 draws at Swindon this year, and one defeat. We ride pretty well around there. Would have got within 12 imo. But all speculation.

• Haha 2