British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

1 minute ago, noggin said:

I'll check their listings, but if not can put onto a DVD for you, pm me .

Have checked listings today and sat but can see nothing, thanks

3 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Monday BT Sport 1 11.30 am

Tuesday BT Sport 3 1.30pm

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

6 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Monday BT Sport 1 11.30 am

Tuesday BT Sport 3 1.30pm

Best me to it, :cheers:

• Like 1

Congratulations to Swindon.... very worthy winners in the end, too good for anyone in the League.

But for us not too sad, runners up is still a good way to end a season ..when you were forecast to be at the bottom

Have a good Winter everyone :t:

• Like 2

Congratulations to Swindon by far the best team and would have beaten anybody over two legs, some decent races early on and a good crowd. All the Robins contributed but a mention for Ellis Perks who has come on in leaps and bounds this season, great effort from him over the two legs. For Ipswich Jake Allan was very good whilst Iversen, King, and Lawson were shocking, with hindsight bringing in a weak reserve like Sarjeant to accommodate Iversen didn't work out well as Iversen has been really disappointing. But the Witches proved many wrong who tipped them for the wooden spoon and getting to the final was a result for them, if I was a Witches fan I would want Allan signed up asap bin the rest and start again from there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bellevueace said:

Congratulations to Swindon by far the best team and would have beaten anybody over two legs, some decent races early on and a good crowd. All the Robins contributed but a mention for Ellis Perks who has come on in leaps and bounds this season, great effort from him over the two legs. For Ipswich Jake Allan was very good whilst Iversen, King, and Lawson were shocking, with hindsight bringing in a weak reserve like Sarjeant to accommodate Iversen didn't work out well as Iversen has been really disappointing. But the Witches proved many wrong who tipped them for the wooden spoon and getting to the final was a result for them, if I was a Witches fan I would want Allan signed up asap bin the rest and start again from there.

You are presumably basing this on the shocking final result...but in fairness we were beating everyone pretty much to begin with and even managed to beat poole in the Semi so I for one would have many of them back...runners up is still good for a First Year try !

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Swindon got lucky. Don’t know why their fans haven’t admitted it.

If it hadn’t rained at 7 pm in the first leg of the semi at WR, we would have demolished Ipswich by at least 20, meaning it would have been us in the final. Then Matt would have made a few more bumps and Doyle would have struggled along with the other gating tarts. Poole winning 58-32 and cruising it tonight. 

I know it. Rosco knows it. Would have been title number 9.:(

Would that be the same team that lost 53 - 37 on their last visit to the Abbey. Yes dream on SS, you couldn't beat the team that were thrashed last night. There must be some illegal substances in your Vienetta!

• Like 1

What has really struck me about our side this season is the togetherness of everyone since Perks, Jensen and Vissing arrived, not only among the team but also on the terraces. Such a shame the team will be broken up. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Gavan said:

Perhaps you should stay abroad or at least not bother to post here..........your comments on this thread have at best been laughable but you have trolled your way through it

There are decent Poole fans who will be missed on here if you drop down but fingers crossed you dont bother posting....................everyone has mocked you all the way through

On to the meeting and the expected outcome

Certain people mainly those bitter bitter Poole fans who now seem to think that speedway will collapse without them, having a dig at Ipswich.............well Ipswich have proved clear second best this season (although Wolves can lay a claim to that)............totally outclassed last night with Swindons top 5 being to strong for any side........we were expected to be the seasons cannon fodder and we proved everyone wrong so well done boys...........

We have riders like King Lawson and Heeps who are awful at Swindon and so it proved..........

We tried 100% but we just not in Swindons class

Would rather have a team that tries that one that gives up like Poole did

It's ok for you Gavan but I mainly only read posts on the Championships (I have followed the Premiership play off posts as I have watched them on TV) and now we are going to be ''blessed'' with Poole posters.:rolleyes::D. (This is light hearted banter before anyone may call me nasty)

1 hour ago, dog said:

What has really struck me about our side this season is the togetherness of everyone since Perks, Jensen and Vissing arrived, not only among the team but also on the terraces. Such a shame the team will be broken up. 

Have to agree with that. I remember a couple of weeks before the end of the league season. Tobi being interviewed,at the end of a meeting, thanking Claus for his advice after his first couple of rides that night hadn't gone well. 

Brilliant atmosphere last night,  like a football match with the chanting and singing. 

19 minutes ago, fliss44 said:

It's ok for you Gavan but I mainly only read posts on the Championships (I have followed the Premiership play off posts as I have watched them on TV) and now we are going to be ''blessed'' with Poole posters.:rolleyes::D. (This is light hearted banter before anyone may call me nasty)

Poole will have the best team in the championship. 
Thier team will be so good that, if they had stayed up, they would win the Premiership.
Poole are the best.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, cowboycookfan said:

Thier team will be so good that, if they had stayed up, they would win the Premiership.
Poole are the best.

I agree of course.

5 minutes ago, cowboycookfan said:

Poole are the best.

They won’t even be able to keep their best four riders from this year’s shower!  :)

18 minutes ago, DC2 said:

They won’t even be able to keep their best four riders from this year’s shower!  :)

This years shower still finished above you! :P

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

This years shower still finished above you! :P

Only because we wanted to lull you into picking Ipswich!  :)