British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

It looks like on current forecast that Thursday should be ok with only showers in the afternoon.

That will depend on how the track is beforehand. Was under water yesterday.

What a shambles this sport is ,while we all know the weather can cause havoc ,but not as much as riders not being available because they  ( the Promoters)have create a scenario that they can ride for every Team in the Leagues.Most of the fixtures problems have been self inflicted.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

Been dry today. Weather forecast is looking up. Some rain tomorrow morning & then a shower Thursday afternoon. Hopefully they’ve been able to get on the track today to do some work!

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What a shambles this sport is ,while we all know the weather can cause havoc ,but not as much as riders not being available because they  ( the Promoters)have create a scenario that they can ride for every Team in the Leagues.Most of the fixtures problems have been self inflicted.

And I bet several promoters will still scratch their heads wondering why large professionally ran companies don't fall over themselves to sponsor it... :rolleyes:

Will be a massacre. Have never won Grand Final in front of home fans. Let's pack the Abbey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think tonight will affect the attendance at Swindon. There’s going to be a good crowd but it will totally lack any drama or tinge of tension. Some will stay at home and watch on TV.

Swindon deserved winners this year. Have been since Jensen came in.

Swindon 61 Ipswich 29.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Will be a massacre. Have never won Grand Final in front of home fans. Let's pack the Abbey.

I agree 35-55 and your record stays intact ;):D

Change in rider order for the Witches

1. Niels Kristian Iversen

2. Danny King

3. Richard Lawson

4. Chris Harris 

5. Cameron Heeps

6. Jake Allen

7. James Sarjeant

seems to be alot of cocky swindon supporters on here , exactly what pool tools thought too after leg one, stranger things have happened ,go the witches and bring on round 2 at the robins nest

• Like 1

I'm not sure any Swindon fan has been cocky however an 8 point lead will be tough to overcome. We are very good at home, just look at out last 4 matches - 66, 65, 56 & 58 points. Ipswich will need to start on fire to cause any upset.

Most predictions on here appear to come from fans of other teams.

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 1

Well if Swindon fans aren’t celebrating now it’s ridiculous. I should imagine you can’t get odds on Swindon winning. 5000/1 on?

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well if Swindon fans aren’t celebrating now it’s ridiculous. I should imagine you can’t get odds on Swindon winning. 5000/1 on?

You mean like Poole fans did ...............coming to Foxhall having won twice already there....'can we ride you every week' you said......................how did that go for you?   

Swindon will win and win easily i would imagine..........but we still beat your pathetic bottlers woop woop

• Like 1