British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

Premiership Playoff Final 2nd Leg - Swindon v Ipswich - 17/10

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That is true. But it shows how not up for it Ipswich were when Perks passed and beat Harris. Your team were woeful and waived the white flag on the parade.

You talk absolute tosh

We werent woeful and Harris is poor at Foxhall everyone knows it except you............how about hailing a great ride from Perks

You are so bitter at not making the final its unreal

I think Poole waved the white flag on parade at our place............watching even the best riders on the night like Klindt and Josh being passed by Harris and Lawson shows that they had simply given up based on the actions of the rest of the bottlers from the south coast.

How are those sour grapes...........

• Haha 1

Can we stop going on about Ipswich vs Poole on every thread, It really is pathetic from both sets of fans. That's done & dusted.

Back to Thursday now, checking the weather & it's mixed for tomorrow now. Hopefully the winds will push through any showers predicted.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That is true. But it shows how not up for it Ipswich were when Perks passed and beat Harris. Your team were woeful and waived the white flag on the parade.

What did your lot do when they saw the Ippo track in the semi? At least 4 of them couldn't wait to get that flag out you're going on about!!

5 hours ago, Spiderman1 said:

seems to be alot of cocky swindon supporters on here , exactly what pool tools thought too after leg one, stranger things have happened ,go the witches and bring on round 2 at the robins nest

Where are the cocky swindon supporters you are referring to?  I don't believe you!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Can we stop going on about Ipswich vs Poole on every thread, It really is pathetic from both sets of fans. That's done & dusted.

Back to Thursday now, checking the weather & it's mixed for tomorrow now. Hopefully the winds will push through any showers predicted.

Can see it being on and on a wet track so I'm going 40-50 to the away side.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Where are the cocky swindon supporters you are referring to?  I don't believe you!

Ignore it it's weird.....

1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

Just ignore him Steve0, he is not an Ipswich supporter. No one else has stated this.

His profile says Somerset/Poole but he is not a Poole supporter.

12 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

His profile says Somerset/Poole but he is not a Poole supporter.

I thought he's Somerset, based on posts last season. 

It has to be said (as a neutral observer ) Swindon were in a class of their own last night with all of the riders coming to the party, non of the Ipswitch riders were sadly up to the task and I  would single out is Iversen .He should of had the beating or almost of Doyle  but IMO took his pay under false pretences , the stand out man for me in the whole match is Adam Ellis  a real star of the future.Believe me I wish Ipo had won and wiped the smirks of Doyle and Rosco faces but they have all done the business and set up what maybe painful walkover  tomorrow night . These matches do the sport no good from a spectator point of view I would love Ipo to prove me wrong  I am sure they will do their  their best and I hope they leave with at least their pride intact .

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 2

I just fear Ipswich, i quite like 'em, will go the way of Wolves and end up in the Tangerine crushing machine...broomsticks as well! Will be surprised if Robins don't hit at least 58. They did score 44 at the Abbey once but Piecheck and Edward were reserves. The Robins have great mental strength, and just batter teams, especially in last third of meeting. Let's do the Double!

Edited by auntie doris

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

I just fear Ipswich, i quite like 'em, will go the way of Wolves and end up in the Tangerine crushing machine...broomsticks as well! Will be surprised if Robins don't hit at least 58. They did score 44 at the Abbey once but Piecheck and Edward were reserves. The Robins have great mental strength, and just batter teams, especially in last third of meeting. Let's do the Double!

I suspect the odds are indeed in our favour but let's not get ahead of ourselves. Whilst I don't see us losing I don't expect a battering like we gave them earlier in the season. 

I wouldn't want to be in Rosco's shoes in the winter. Tobias will probably be on his way but who else would you want to release? 

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

You will smash us to pieces.   If we get 30 we would have done well

As i said in another post. Providing the tracks are prepared properly you will lose over all by 30 + points. And i would expect Swindon to show no complacency ..

Was tempted to go to this to experience the exploits of Jason ‘the diver’ Doyle, Toby ‘throw the bike down’  Musielak and Adam ‘jump the start’ Ellis first hand.  However I don’t feel that these unsportsmanlike antics warrant wasting 20 pounds.  Shame as it’s my local track now which has this season enjoyed more entertainment and passing than the last ten years put together