British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Cheese

GB v Denmark - King's Lynn, Wednesday October 23rd 7.30

21 minutes ago, Gambo said:

It's the 2016 EL Format, with 'protected' reserve heat 12.

Tac subs heats 5-11, but not double points.

Thanks

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

That was pretty good even though the weather intervened, our guys did the biz :D

Got to agree , Trees , that was a decent meeting.We even got some overtaking !Good to see some commitment from riders on both sides.

• Like 1

Thought it was excellent. Charles Wright oh boy, how did he do that.

some great stuff from  Brits and Danes.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it was s good meeting and went the distance, I was put off by the forecast in the end. The Brits looked professionally turned out in the photos I’ve seen. 

Anders Rowe will be in demand for 2020 I’m sure. 

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

Glad to hear it was s good meeting and went the distance, I was put off by the forecast in the end. The Brits looked professionally turned out in the photos I’ve seen. 

Anders Rowe will be in demand for 2020 I’m sure. 

My drive to stadium  was only 5 mins on this occasion, so I risked it. Although it rained throughout it was never heavy enough to wet concrete. I didn’t even bother to stand undercover. Some real hard racing worthy of a test match. High speed passes — good advert for speedway.

• Like 6

On 10/23/2019 at 12:24 PM, Gambo said:

It's the 2016 EL Format, with 'protected' reserve heat 12.

Tac subs heats 5-11, but not double points.

Glad I didn’t go. That would’ve spoilt it for me. 

Didn't really want to go last night , but was persuaded by the wife to attend. Glad I did , some good racing on a miserable damp night . Well done to team GB and extremely well done to Anders Rowe and Drew Kemp.

I had planned to go, but my 120 mile round trip with the dodgy weather forecast put me off. Shame, as I as looking forward to once last speedway fix before winter sets in. Hopefully they'll do something similar again next season with better weather, both teams looked like a nice mix of riders, and I was looking forward to see Rowe and Kemp round the AFA

The real deal for official Speedway Test Matches has always been eighteen heats, with teams of six riders, plus one or two non-riding reserves. I welcome the return to Test Matches, but if they want to do it right, they should return to that traditional race formula. 

Real pleased this was a good meeting with plenty of on track entertaining racing. 

So it begs the question, what was the difference to a regular Stars meeting that are generally a borefest??

Was the track prep different at all?? 

Standard of rider on offer racing against a similar calibre each heat??