British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gunner85

KOC FINAL Wednesday 23rd and Friday 25

tough match on aggregate....

As they say,30 heats and all to play for.

Hope the weather does not spoil the conditions and makes it a real final to look forward to.

There is a clash for Kyle Bickley who was picked for GB test match on 23rd.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rob B said:

There is a clash for Kyle Bickley who was picked for GB test match on 23rd.

Ridiculous! This is a cup final that’s been known about for a few days now. That’s a challenge meeting that only got announced yesterday and GB could pick anyone they wanted!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Ridiculous! This is a cup final that’s been known about for a few days now. That’s a challenge meeting that only got announced yesterday and GB could pick anyone they wanted!

Ive seen Friday 25th being mentioned over the weekend. The first time I saw or knew of anything about the first leg at Leicester was AFTER the test match announcement. It has only been added to both websites today.

Utter madness to tell a young rider he is riding in his senior test match debut to then arrange another meeting where his club could be let down if he takes that booking.

That should NEVER be put on his shoulders. BSPA and or SCB need to take stock of what they have done. Totally unfair on Kyle.

Hoping to go to 2 of these 3 meetings, subject to work commitments.

shambles utter farce !! its ok for woffinden & lambert to miss well lambert decides where he wants to ride injured for poole but rode in germany farcical words fail me !!

15 hours ago, Gunner85 said:

This is the BSPA.... just further proof of the inane way they run the sport

I am all for BSPA bashing but surely as (it was made public 2nd at least) the ko cup matches were announced 2nd, it was the clubs that agreed the date that caused the clash.

Everyone rolls out comparisons to football, well if a third division cup had an international standard player, whenever selected for his country be it a competitive fixture or a friendly the international match will take priority.

All that being said and I d be pised off if we have to rearrange a match and we lost a rider to what compared to our clubs glory is a meaningless fixture.

Anyway last time i dared check the weather we looked good for tonight (just finished a night shift but got to get up about 11.30 to get to the train station for 1 so will check weather before I leave and not before... :) ) but I see a tense evening ahead. I think the standard aim for a 2 leg match is to keep the away leg to 10 or less, and when you consider the Cubs worst result of the season is a 12 point win (ironically against kent) 10 points will be a big ask. But last time Kent visited we were under strength at reserve and a couple of other regulars missing too, ruddick missing means extra rides for Hume and the Twins so no massive blow there.

I do go to leicester with the expectation of gate and go racing so hopefully i m proved wrong. With so much young talent on show in both teams I just hope all 13 riders come through safely.

gonna stick my neck out and say 49-41

Is Hume riding? I see he is out NDLRC so potentially last match of the season for him if he cops a ban for the Kent leg?

Either way keeping fingers crossed for a good forecast and a great match up. A 8-10 point Cubs win should keep the tension building nicely. RTD & Rowe will be the two difference makers as both been hugely in the points recently and an off night for either could swing it.

4 hours ago, teaboy279 said:

I am all for BSPA bashing but surely as (it was made public 2nd at least) the ko cup matches were announced 2nd, it was the clubs that agreed the date that caused the clash.

Everyone rolls out comparisons to football, well if a third division cup had an international standard player, whenever selected for his country be it a competitive fixture or a friendly the international match will take priority.

All that being said and I d be pised off if we have to rearrange a match and we lost a rider to what compared to our clubs glory is a meaningless fixture.

Anyway last time i dared check the weather we looked good for tonight (just finished a night shift but got to get up about 11.30 to get to the train station for 1 so will check weather before I leave and not before... :) ) but I see a tense evening ahead. I think the standard aim for a 2 leg match is to keep the away leg to 10 or less, and when you consider the Cubs worst result of the season is a 12 point win (ironically against kent) 10 points will be a big ask. But last time Kent visited we were under strength at reserve and a couple of other regulars missing too, ruddick missing means extra rides for Hume and the Twins so no massive blow there.

I do go to leicester with the expectation of gate and go racing so hopefully i m proved wrong. With so much young talent on show in both teams I just hope all 13 riders come through safely.

gonna stick my neck out and say 49-41

This last Saturday in the Football League, 2 matches were postponed in Division 1 & 1 in Division 2 due to International call ups.

• Like 1

Going to the First leg of this Final. 

Weather not looking too good for Friday, so will decide late Thursday if I travel.

Supporting the Colts, of course.

Some close racing at times.

The Thompson boys showing their track knowledge and were good to watch. Ht5 they, along with Palin, were excellent. Very close for all 4 laps. Good race.

Nasty tangle between Perks and Palin in Ht13. Hope he is ok.

One big hole on entrance to turn one caused a fair few problems, the two holes on bend3 throwing riders all over the place.

What I really dont get is why it was called off. Hume said over the mic that the rain was causing visibility problems and the track was very slippery. Yet at the Kent v Colts Play off the other week, the meeting started in far worse conditions and ran right through.  Thankfully, the meeting at Belle Vue tomorrow is off anyway. Heard last night that Tuesday was the only available date to run this meeting.

Edited by BobC

2 hours ago, BobC said:

Some close racing at times.

The Thompson boys showing their track knowledge and were good to watch. Ht5 they, along with Palin, were excellent. Very close for all 4 laps. Good race.

Nasty tangle between Perks and Palin in Ht13. Hope he is ok.

One big hole on entrance to turn one caused a fair few problems, the two holes on bend3 throwing riders all over the place.

What I really dont get is why it was called off. Hume said over the mic that the rain was causing visibility problems and the track was very slippery. Yet at the Kent v Colts Play off the other week, the meeting started in far worse conditions and ran right through.  Thankfully, the meeting at Belle Vue tomorrow is off anyway. Heard last night that Tuesday was the only available date to run this meeting.

Enjoyable meeting, the heat 5 clash with the Thompson twins & Palin, like you say was excellent ( video on SGB website ). I think the meeting would have been completed if Palin hadn't had fallen in heat 13, the rain started to fall much more heavily in the 15 minutes or so he was being looked at by the medical team. The heat times were 4 or 5 seconds slower by heat 12, so conditions were getting a bit greasy. The call-off probably helped the Colts because with Perks & Hume in 13 & 15, you would have expected the Cubs to have extended the lead to well over  20 points, so they were probably happier with the abandonment than Leicester were.

• Like 1