British Speedway Forum

What will 2020 have install for the Rebels fans? what league? "May"-be the return of some of the riders the fans want to see i.e. Allen, Wright, BWD & Holder.

If Somerset go up, I would like to see both Jack & Chris (if he is riding in uk) Holder in the side

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 1

have Somerset not just dropped out of the SO called premier league . stick with the championship. cheaper price , same riders. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Buttons said:

If Somerset go up, I would like to see both Jack & Chris (if he is riding in uk) Holder in the side

If the top league stick to their fixed race nights I would be doubtful Somerset would make the jump up.

20 minutes ago, screm said:

If the top league stick to their fixed race nights I would be doubtful Somerset would make the jump up.

'Fixed race nights'

Has this had a positive impact on the sport, in general?

It seems to have taken away some clubs 'traditional' race night and, also I think that a Monday night, (for television),,, is not best placed, as its probly competing against football.

5 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

'Fixed race nights'

Has this had a positive impact on the sport, in general?

It seems to have taken away some clubs 'traditional' race night and, also I think that a Monday night, (for television),,, is not best placed, as its probly competing against football.

Yes, it is reducing the amount of guests and R/R for riders riding in the other league dramatically, obviously injuries cant be helped and some foreign commitments but imo it is working very well for what it was meant to do, I’m all for them changing the different nights each league gets to suit more teams but think it should be kept

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can't see us moving anywhere in terms of League structure in 2020. I would expect Championship racing for the Rebels in 2020 and to be honest we didn't see many different riders at the OTA this year to last, barring maybe JD, Lambert and NKI.

Start the team building with Anders and Bomber and off we go! Gazza will find a way of getting a competitive team on track within the budget available to ensure speedway survives in Somerset. I have heard he has multiple permutations already mapped out for the 2020 Rebels!

• Like 2

The Championship is rubbish value for money compared to the Premiership. The quality of riders is hugely different in that it's effectively a case of Doyle, Iversen, Lambert, Kurtz, Holder vs. Stoneman, Atkins, Harris and other National League riders. The price is no different in general meaning the Championship compared to the Premiership in terms of quality of rider on show and the admission price is a rip off. Why else would crowds of been so bad this season in comparison?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think the Somerset promotion made a mistake in doing away with the senior concessions and as a result many did not attend or were less frequent.Next season the championship will be watered down even further given the rumours flying around.

Edited by Corgi

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

The Championship is rubbish value for money compared to the Premiership. The quality of riders is hugely different in that it's effectively a case of Doyle, Iversen, Lambert, Kurtz, Holder vs. Stoneman, Atkins, Harris and other National League riders. The price is no different in general meaning the Championship compared to the Premiership in terms of quality of rider on show and the admission price is a rip off. Why else would crowds of been so bad this season in comparison?

Fully agree here. Championship should be £15 max with any rider over 8pts pushed into the top league. If we don't have doubling up then we don't need fixed race nights!

I have said it for ages any rider with a premiership average over 7.00 or NL average below 7.00 should not be allowed to ride Championship . 

I think it would keep the league more competitive and costs down and then making it a viable £15 night out . 

• Like 4

On 10/15/2019 at 1:24 PM, Ghosty said:

What will 2020 have install for the Rebels fans? what league? "May"-be the return of some of the riders the fans want to see i.e. Allen, Wright, BWD & Holder.

Would be great , but I doubt we will see any of these. Gary was saying he is not going to get caught out by poor reserves next time, so that will be Anders nailed on for a reserve spot. Berge really screwed us last season let’s hope we don’t have a repeat next year.

• Like 3

On 10/15/2019 at 11:24 AM, Ghosty said:

Don't you mean that YOU want to see?  It is better to have a happy team, riding to a constructive budget than pandering to the demands of 'fans' who have no real connection to the real world? 

• Like 6

Facts are there is no rider & that includes Jason Doyle more popular with the Rebels fans than Charles Wright. I have my own successful business & very much in connection with the real world. Also I'm in no doubt that a few of the current (2019) squad did not come cheap!  P.S. I'm very much in favour of a happy team, riders risk their necks every race their in so it's important that there is mutual respect among team mates.

• Like 1