British Speedway Forum

16 minutes ago, CountyGround said:

I would guess Somersets average crowd to be around 800. They would certainly benefit with "grand" Stand to help generate atmosphere & crowd noise, With such a large arena the crowd can look sparse however 3 big positives for Somerset over many other tracks are:

1. The Hancock's own the Stadium so no rent to pay.

2. The car park money all goes to the Hancock's & this is the only place to park.

3. All stadium food & drink profits stay in-house. 

County Ground , thanks for the info.

6 hours ago, CountyGround said:

I would guess Somersets average crowd to be around 800. They would certainly benefit with "grand" Stand to help generate atmosphere & crowd noise, With such a large arena the crowd can look sparse however 3 big positives for Somerset over many other tracks are:

1. The Hancock's own the Stadium so no rent to pay.

2. The car park money all goes to the Hancock's & this is the only place to park.

3. All stadium food & drink profits stay in-house. 

Technically all three are not to do with speedway club.

• Confused 3

3 hours ago, sugarray said:

Practically they are 100% why Somerset Speedway are in existence, nothing technical about it!  

3 hours ago, sugarray said:

• Like 3

Signing Anders Rowe is a no brainer,  but IMO signing Rory Schlein and his attitude that comes with at times is a different matter.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, screm said:

Signing Anders Rowe is a no brainer,  but IMO signing Rory Schlein and his attitude that comes with at times is a different matter.

Just think Schlein helps out doing the no limit training schools as well doesn’t he? So he’ll be passing on his awful attitude to the younger riders.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Red Flag said:

Apparently his last season in Britain before he returns to live in Australia 

The word was 2019 was to be his last season in the U.K.!

3 hours ago, Red Flag said:

Apparently his last season in Britain before he returns to live in Australia 

i suppose he will now become an aussie and ditch his uk meal ticket . just . think , no more aussies in the British championship and you  can water the track as much as you like .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, bloom89 said:

Just think Schlein helps out doing the no limit training schools as well doesn’t he? So he’ll be passing on his awful attitude to the younger riders.

Personally I wouldn't have Schlein within a hundred thousand miles of our younger riders but there you go.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, screm said:

Personally I wouldn't have Schlein within a hundred thousand miles of our younger riders but there you go.

Would Australia not be far enough like? ;)

I say this tongue-in-cheek! but had Chris Harris not already been signed for Brum would he have been awarded the Rebel of the season award?

Very poor P.R. when you publicly sign other teams riders BEFORE the current season has officially finished. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CountyGround said:

I say this tongue-in-cheek! but had Chris Harris not already been signed for Brum would he have been awarded the Rebel of the season award?

Very poor P.R. when you publicly sign other teams riders BEFORE the current season has officially finished. 

How right you are.

20 hours ago, CountyGround said:

I believe the Somerset paying public voted before the signing was announced, so probably wouldn't have made any difference

6 hours ago, Fred5 said:

How right you are.

Harris probably asked Brum on what average they wanted him on half way through the season.:P

• Like 1