British Speedway Forum

56 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Harris probably asked Brum on what average they wanted him on half way through the season.:P

In a way a logical move as believe he lives in Midlands so less travelling in what will be a busy old 2020 for him if he is riding Prem & Champ plus his normal Longtrack meetings and anything else on the Continent he can sign up for on a qualifying or guest basis. Won't have to trek to Somerset every Wed.

• Like 3

A good start to team building with Schlein and particularly Rowe. Hopefully Covatti is to follow but I guess Poole will be interested assuming they are in the Championship.

24 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

A good start to team building with Schlein and particularly Rowe. Hopefully Covatti is to follow but I guess Poole will be interested assuming they are in the Championship.

...and assuming Nico rides in Britain at all next year?

• Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 2:44 PM, Buttons said:

I believe the Somerset paying public voted before the signing was announced, so probably wouldn't have made any difference

I think you have missed the point, Chris Bomber Harris was the most popular Rebel crowd wise during the 2019 season followed by Nico & Anders, yet somehow Rory Schlein is awarded the rider of the season?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I think you have missed the point, Chris Bomber Harris was the most popular Rebel crowd wise during the 2019 season followed by Nico & Anders, yet somehow Rory Schlein is awarded the rider of the season?

well surely the crowd should have voted for him ?

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 2

The voting was carried out during one meeting, I was certainly shocked that Rory won rider of the season but wouldn’t have given it to Bomber myself. We can only answer for ourselves as to who we think should’ve won, we all have our own opinion  :)

• Like 3

Shock horror! I can remember Gary May sponsoring Bjarne Pedersen back in his Poole glory years, with all this talk of a U.K. return/farewell season lets hope it's not for the Rebels! Full respect for his professional attitude, but not a rider to suit the renowned Oaktree racers track.

Message to Gary May: For 2020 can we please have a team of racers that love the Oaktree track & hopefully have past or current connections with the Rebels. Anders is a good starting point, Nathan would also be a good move!

• Like 1

Bet Garry has exhausted all contacts to get a team together.

One thing I do know he will not bankrupt the club over rider demands.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, james1234 said:

I’m still hoping for premiership racing

So when Poole come to Somerset or vice-versa will the racing, atmosphere, entertainment and attendance be worse because it's not Premiership?! Of course not!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So when Poole come to Somerset or vice-versa will the racing, atmosphere, entertainment and attendance be worse because it's not Premiership?! Of course not!!

Racing - Yes... Better riders, better quality.
Atmosphere  - Probably
Entertainment - Yes... the difference between the top and bottom riders is far greater in the 2nd tier than the top tier
Attendance - Yes... crowds were well down from what I was told last year against our Premiership seasons

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Najjer said:

Racing - Yes... Better riders, better quality.
Atmosphere  - Probably
Entertainment - Yes... the difference between the top and bottom riders is far greater in the 2nd tier than the top tier
Attendance - Yes... crowds were well down from what I was told last year against our Premiership seasons

I'd stick to whatever you do as a day job. Because clearly you know nothing about speedway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I'd stick to whatever you do as a day job. Because clearly you know nothing about speedway.

But undoubtedly more than you. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

My opinion is based on having watched my team compete in all 3 tiers of British Speedway for 19 years. Without doubt the best place to be was in the top tier. I chose not to attend last year for various reasons and depending on the news on Friday and beyond, looks very likely it'll be the same reasons to keep me away next season too.