British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, Fred5 said:

Which is why many OAPs stopped attending

Really ? Stop a major hobby in retirement for £1, what can you actually buy for £1 in this day & age ?

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, proud panther said:

Really ? Stop a major hobby in retirement for £1, what can you actually buy for £1 in this day & age ?

Not much but you can spend an hour in the ever-increasing post office queue counting out the one hundred pennies you've saved to hand over :D

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, proud panther said:

The problem is they lowered the standard by dropping down a League and made or more expensive for concessions, not clever. It’s like getting relegated in football and making it more expensive to go, don’t be surprised then by all the empty seats. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bear_Bottom said:

Not much but you can spend an hour in the ever-increasing post office queue counting out the one hundred pennies you've saved to hand over :D

Yes  but maybe that's why the post office is still open?

It's only a pound, but that's not the point, it's about principle. In some folks minds, less means less.;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

Correct, its the principle.

4 hours ago, Knowle said:

They increased the admission price for OAPs by £1 by removing their previously existing concession.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yes  but maybe that's why the post office is still open?

It's only a pound, but that's not the point, it's about principle. In some folks minds, less means less.;)

2 hours ago, Fred5 said:

Correct, its the principle.

That's what I have been banging on about. I will pay for the top riders to appear as will a lot of people, otherwise how do we get the crowds at Cardiff? Dumbing down seldom works. Why don't Debbie and Bill ask if we are prepared to pay to be in the top division, and if so how much? Great track but it needs good riders to get the best from it for the paying public. 

2 hours ago, bill94d said:

That's what I have been banging on about. I will pay for the top riders to appear as will a lot of people, otherwise how do we get the crowds at Cardiff? Dumbing down seldom works. Why don't Debbie and Bill ask if we are prepared to pay to be in the top division, and if so how much? Great track but it needs good riders to get the best from it for the paying public. 

So which heat leaders from any of the Championship clubs would you clasify as 'no good'?!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bill94d said:

But don't the majority of top league riders ride in the lower league?,

2 minutes ago, Buttons said:

But don't the majority of top league riders ride in the lower league?,

Yes, all bar the good ones.  :)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Like to see Ben Barker included, 100% racer now that Plymouth not in Championship and maybe Stoneman at reserve

• Like 1

On 11/16/2019 at 3:35 PM, spikey said:

Like to see Ben Barker included, 100% racer now that Plymouth not in Championship and maybe Stoneman at reserve

Stoneman needs good fast equipment, the Oak Tree is a fast circuit .

Edited by Buttons
  • Like 1

Jepperson would be a good shout I think, he appears to have come on bundles from two years ago.

On 11/13/2019 at 6:55 PM, Skidder1 said:

That 2 seasons in the Premiership almost bankrupted the club. You should try reading the Star - there's lots of factual info in there.

Anyone like to guess how much Somerset paid Doyle? 

Not saying he's not worth it, but did he pull in sufficient extra fans to pay his way?

Perhaps, Somerset folk would like to put us in the picture. He cannot have been cheap.