British Speedway Forum

On 11/15/2019 at 4:52 PM, bill94d said:

That's what I have been banging on about. I will pay for the top riders to appear as will a lot of people, otherwise how do we get the crowds at Cardiff? Dumbing down seldom works. Why don't Debbie and Bill ask if we are prepared to pay to be in the top division, and if so how much? Great track but it needs good riders to get the best from it for the paying public. 

Obviously not enough paid when you were inTop Division.No point in asking.

• Like 1

That's what I have been banging on about. I will pay for the top riders to appear as will a lot of people, otherwise how do we get the crowds at Cardiff? Dumbing down seldom works. Why don't Debbie and Bill ask if we are prepared to pay to be in the top division, and if so how much? Great track but it needs good riders to get the best from it for the paying public. 

Unfortunately Somerset  are not close to a major town, with Bristol just a bit to far away. That is the only reason the Rebels don't get better crowds & the option to contest in the top league. 

Just read all the praise Grizzly Adams has giving Rory Schlein, the Rebels obviously signed a different Rory Schlein to the Wolves one in 2019! So the question is Gary which Rory Schlein have you signed for the Rebels in 2020?

• Like 2

It's  not just the top riders that gets the crowds to Cardiff it's the great atmosphere, noise, exciting music a  seat etc, all of which are missing at many tracks 

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

It's  not just the top riders that gets the crowds to Cardiff it's the great atmosphere, noise, exciting music a  seat etc, all of which are missing at many tracks 

One of the biggest mistakes at Somerset is how far away on the home straight the terracing is from the track. That’s one of the things I used to love about going to Plymouth was that you literally felt like you were on top of the track which in turn helped create a decent atmosphere.

• Like 1

How right you are, have been saying this since day one in 2000.  To create a great atmosphere they need to have the tarmac road outside of the arena and build the stands at the edge of the exclusion zone, just like Plymouth.

13 hours ago, Najjer said:

One of the biggest mistakes at Somerset is how far away on the home straight the terracing is from the track. That’s one of the things I used to love about going to Plymouth was that you literally felt like you were on top of the track which in turn helped create a decent atmosphere.

On 11/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, CountyGround said:

Shock horror! I can remember Gary May sponsoring Bjarne Pedersen back in his Poole glory years, with all this talk of a U.K. return/farewell season lets hope it's not for the Rebels! Full respect for his professional attitude, but not a rider to suit the renowned Oaktree racers track.

Message to Gary May: For 2020 can we please have a team of racers that love the Oaktree track & hopefully have past or current connections with the Rebels. Anders is a good starting point, Nathan would also be a good move!

Plenty of signings since the AGM but not for Somerset, with Bjarne Pedersen not signed by anyone yet is he Gary's secret weapon!!!!!!!!!

On 11/10/2019 at 8:01 PM, CountyGround said:

Shock horror! I can remember Gary May sponsoring Bjarne Pedersen back in his Poole glory years, with all this talk of a U.K. return/farewell season lets hope it's not for the Rebels! Full respect for his professional attitude, but not a rider to suit the renowned Oaktree racers track.

Totally agree with that..

3 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Plenty of signings since the AGM but not for Somerset, with Bjarne Pedersen not signed by anyone yet is he Gary's secret weapon!!!!!!!!!

Could it be tofty or Barker or maybe the 2 of them ,. ?????

Just now, pienpeesman said:

Could it be tofty or Barker or maybe the 2 of them ,. ?????

Both entertaining riders 

People these days seem to get as much enjoyment out of second guessing who is going to be in their local team in the winter as they do from the racing in the summer. I just don't get it. Teams in other sports evolve, not dissolve at the end of every season. How can one develop fan loyalty and watch the progress of young riders if they are here today and gone tomorrow?

• Like 4

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 8:04 PM, Najjer said:

And Newport

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

And Newport

Now what a cracking view point that place was! Not the best track (although caught some great races in my time there) but viewing points were spot on.

• Like 1