British Speedway Forum

Bates has the potential to increase that average but you know at some point he'll get injured/do something stupid. Not sure it's worth the risk tbh

• Like 2

I doubt Pontus Aspgren could be tempted over but he’s on a bargain 7.17 average from last riding for the Rebels in 2014. Bellego is also quick around the OTA not sure what average he’d come in on though.

I hope Bates has a good season. On his day he can be absolutely box office and pulls off moves where you have to cover your eyes hoping he comes out the other bend on the bike. He's got all the talent to easily see a point and more on that average.

But I do worry for him. He's picked up some awful injuries over last few seasons and to see him still hobbling and wearing a neck brace at the back end the season, for me it's sad to see someone as young as he is in that state. Speedway is a very unforgiving sport and I only hope he can have an injury free season and get back on track to where he was a few seasons back.

• Like 1

To be honest personally Josh isn't a rider I have particularly warmed to over the seasons he has been riding and felt he often chased back wheels a little bit too much. However I will support which ever 7 riders are wearing that Cases Rebels bib come March/April and there is no doubting the lad has the ability and bravery to be spectacular and entertaining out on track. I am sure that my opinion will change of him as the 2020 season progresses though as we get to know him more and see him race regularly at the OTA. I do know the promotion rate him highly and to be fair Gazza rarely lets us down!

Bellego is an interesting call as he is very good at the OTA and I am wondering whether the reigning British Champion might also fit into the Rebels 2020 plans? Wouldn't surprise me to see Zach Cook included too somewhere as he looked good and was a regular visitor in 2019.

• Like 2

Josh is as mad as a box of frogs, but a good lad deep down. Remember when he was sharing a reserve berth with Lewis Blackbird at Wolves, & he turned up with another black eye. When he was asked what he had been up to, he replied he had been fighting again. When I pointed out he hadn't done much fighting if he had got a black eye, he wasn't very impressed lol. Hope he has an injury free season, because he has the potential to improve his average if he does.

19 hours ago, RebelDan said:

I doubt Pontus Aspgren could be tempted over but he’s on a bargain 7.17 average from last riding for the Rebels in 2014. Bellego is also quick around the OTA not sure what average he’d come in on though.

Don't think either of those will happen.

38 minutes ago, Buttons said:

Don't think either of those will happen.

Shame as Bellego is mustard at the OTA.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, spin king junior said:

I hope Bates has a good season. On his day he can be absolutely box office and pulls off moves where you have to cover your eyes hoping he comes out the other bend on the bike. He's got all the talent to easily see a point and more on that average.

But I do worry for him. He's picked up some awful injuries over last few seasons and to see him still hobbling and wearing a neck brace at the back end the season, for me it's sad to see someone as young as he is in that state. Speedway is a very unforgiving sport and I only hope he can have an injury free season and get back on track to where he was a few seasons back.

I’m afraid he rides over his limit a lot of the time,he is an accident waiting to happen .IMO 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2019 at 11:46 AM, The Cheese said:

Bates has the potential to increase that average but you know at some point he'll get injured/do something stupid. Not sure it's worth the risk tbh

Barker has the potential to increase that average but you know at some point he'll get injured/do something stupid. Not sure it's worth the risk tbh :unsure:

12 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Going to be alot of crashes and fun with Barker and Bates in the same team

any rider out of a job in early April just wait for Debbie Hancock to call.

#risky

37 minutes ago, Panther1997 said:

Going to be alot of crashes and fun with Barker and Bates in the same team

That would be a nice pairing:D

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 1