British Speedway Forum

44 minutes ago, The Cheese said:

Barker has the potential to increase that average but you know at some point he'll get injured/do something stupid. Not sure it's worth the risk tbh :unsure:

I don't remember Barker really being injured much for the past 3/4 years he's been at Redcar.

22 minutes ago, Marshall07 said:

I don't remember Barker really being injured much for the past 3/4 years he's been at Redcar.

Exactly. The guy has history, but that is it. IT IS HISTORY!

We did not have a problem with Ben, rarely crashed, great with the supporters & had many guest opportunities.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

My guess for final 3 is Covatti, Mountain and Stoneman

Would make sure Rowe is at reserve to start

I think they'll go for a young unknown Aussie on a 5 and Stoneman.

Doesn't leave much change though, 7.79? wouldn't fit Covatti.

Only Nielsen or Mountain fit to retain Covatti and have Rowe starting at reserve.....

4 minutes ago, DJC said:

Would make sure Rowe is at reserve to start

I think they'll go for a young unknown Aussie on a 5 and Stoneman.

Doesn't leave much change though, 7.79? wouldn't fit Covatti.

Only Nielsen or Mountain fit to retain Covatti and have Rowe starting at reserve.....

young aussies come in on 4. 

5 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

young aussies come in on 4. 

Ah! Scrap that then :lol:

2 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

Going to be alot of crashes and fun with Barker and Bates in the same team

Might be alot of fun with Barker and some of his other teammates (or teammate to be precise) :rolleyes:

Adam Ellis, Connor Mountain and Nathan Stoneman for me. As much as I like Covatti and would love to see him back as a second heat leader I do question it. We still need a solid 1-5 whilst starting Rowe at reserve. I think Covatti will be at Poole anyway. Same with Zach Cook he looked good but means no Roww at reserve. 

3 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

Adam Ellis, Connor Mountain and Nathan Stoneman for me. As much as I like Covatti and would love to see him back as a second heat leader I do question it. We still need a solid 1-5 whilst starting Rowe at reserve. I think Covatti will be at Poole anyway. Same with Zach Cook he looked good but means no Roww at reserve. 

We could have fitted both Ellis and Covatti into the team and a 4 point Aussie at reserve but Gazza went down the Barker route. Maybe Ellis or Covatti weren’t available (or both). There will be lots of pressure on both Barker and Bates to score consistently. 

17 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

We could have fitted both Ellis and Covatti into the team and a 4 point Aussie at reserve but Gazza went down the Barker route. Maybe Ellis or Covatti weren’t available (or both). There will be lots of pressure on both Barker and Bates to score consistently. 

Yes I totally agree Covatti and Ellis would have been so much better than Barker or Bellego as some have said. What average would Bellego be? Tbf though would still be the strongest side I've seen yet. Another name into the hat although the team would face a rejigle is Rasmus Jensen with Cook and Wells at Glasgow having Jensen would be too top heavy but obviously means Rowe in the main body and weaker reserves. 

1 hour ago, SomersetBlue said:

Yes I totally agree Covatti and Ellis would have been so much better than Barker or Bellego as some have said. What average would Bellego be? Tbf though would still be the strongest side I've seen yet. Another name into the hat although the team would face a rejigle is Rasmus Jensen with Cook and Wells at Glasgow having Jensen would be too top heavy but obviously means Rowe in the main body and weaker reserves. 

I’m not entirely sure about Bellego’s average but I think he last rode in the championship in 2016 averaging 7.63. I’m not sure if his PL average would supersede this. 

Just now, RebelDan said:

I’m not entirely sure about Bellego’s average but I think he last rode in the championship in 2016 averaging 7.63. I’m not sure if his PL average would supersede this. 

Bellego would go into the CL in 2020 on his converted 2019 PL average (5.8) - 9.28