British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, NeilWatson said:

Bellego would go into the CL in 2020 on his converted 2019 PL average (5.8) - 9.28

Cheers. No value there then 

2 hours ago, SomersetBlue said:

Yes I totally agree Covatti and Ellis would have been so much better than Barker or Bellego as some have said. What average would Bellego be? Tbf though would still be the strongest side I've seen yet. Another name into the hat although the team would face a rejigle is Rasmus Jensen with Cook and Wells at Glasgow having Jensen would be too top heavy but obviously means Rowe in the main body and weaker reserves. 

Rasser has dropped the Championship from his schedule.

9 hours ago, Panther1997 said:

Going to be alot of crashes and fun with Barker and Bates in the same team

Brilliant & popular signing, very few riders more exciting than Ben, ex Rebel & relatively local. Just hope he has his off track issues sorted.

As Ben was 100% destined for Championship Plymouth what & who were Gary May's original targets?  

4 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Brilliant & popular signing, very few riders more exciting than Ben, ex Rebel & relatively local. Just hope he has his off track issues sorted.

As Ben was 100% destined for Championship Plymouth what & who were Gary May's original targets?  

Maybe he banked on:

Chris Harris - But was nicked by Birmingham at the last minute

Nick Morris - But was nicked by Leicester at the last minute

Nico Covatti - But not doing uk?

Would like to see Claus Vissing back in Rebels colours... Not sure if Glasgow will fit him in now?

Does Claus Vissing, Stefan Nielsen and Nathan Stoneman fit as the last 3? If not one of the 4.00 Aussies from Sheffield last year instead of Stefan would definitely fit... And I'm sure Anders will hold his own at 2, or if not the 4.00 Aussie will soon overtake him I'm sure... Especially if Zaine Kennedy or Jedd List (VERY talented, just needed more time)

Edited by Dandelion

7 hours ago, Gazc said:

Rasser has dropped the Championship from his schedule.

Didn't realise that shame as a very talented rider. I'll stick with Ellis, Mountain and Stoneman. A team filled with Brits and plenty of riders who can improve their averages. Schlein albeit not my favourite all time Rebel can hold his own when he was wants. Mountain and Rowe progressing very nicely and could easily be high 5 point averages. Stoneman would be a weak link but with a strong reserve partner can progress at his own rate. Bates and Barker may have their faults but both could attain high seven averages and bring entertainment to the OTA which by the by we lacked a little in last seasons team. Ellis being the cog with a bargain average if i'm right and gets a 2 5% drop that's 7.80 for a rider who could easily reach 9.00. 

I'm probably wrong though as usual although they are available. 

Believe Adam is riding Denmark so would think Wednesday night tracks are out of equation.

Not to say Garry hasn't been in touch.

4 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Maybe he banked on:

Would like to see Claus Vissing back in Rebels colours... Not sure if Glasgow will fit him in now?

Does Claus Vissing, Stefan Nielsen and Nathan Stoneman fit as the last 3? If not one of the 4.00 Aussies from Sheffield last year instead of Stefan would definitely fit... And I'm sure Anders will hold his own at 2, or if not the 4.00 Aussie will soon overtake him I'm sure... Especially if Zaine Kennedy or Jedd List (VERY talented, just needed more time)

I think you will find Nick Morris was not "nicked by Leicester at the last minute" but was something that happened at the first available opportunity.

5 hours ago, Dandelion said:

*assuming my spreadsheet is correct* Schlien (8.69), Barker (7.06), Bates (6.49) & Rowe (4.27) leave 14.49.  Add Vissing (8.43) & Nielsen (4.40) to that and there is only 1.66 so think again. Nielsen & Stoneman (2.00) leave 8.09.

18 hours ago, IronScorpion said:

Exactly. The guy has history, but that is it. IT IS HISTORY!

We did not have a problem with Ben, rarely crashed, great with the supporters & had many guest opportunities.

The same with Birmingham some years ago.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Col said:

*assuming my spreadsheet is correct* Schlien (8.69), Barker (7.06), Bates (6.49) & Rowe (4.27) leave 14.49.  Add Vissing (8.43) & Nielsen (4.40) to that and there is only 1.66 so think again. Nielsen & Stoneman (2.00) leave 8.09.

Col in usual spreadsheet confusion.  :)

I make Bates 6.19.

1 minute ago, DC2 said:

Col in usual spreadsheet confusion.  :)

I make Bates 6.19.

Ugh typo:rofl: put in 6.65/1.025 rather than 6.35/1.025 but that's 6.2?

Either way Vissing, Nielsen & Stoneman are still too high (by 0.04 or 0.05).

6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Maybe he banked on:

Harris (Rebels rider of the year) was nicked by Birmingham BEFORE the 2019 season had finished, not good edicate by the Brummies! 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, DC2 said:

I'm a bit confused as to exactly how the 2.5% deduction is applied. In the case of Ben Barker his final average was 7.24, so deducting 2.5% would give a figure of 7.059. If this is rounded up then that would be 7.06, but if they ignore anything after the 7.05 then it would be 7.05. I note in the declared rider section that they have his average as 7.05. I've had a look at the rules and it just mentions a 2.5 reduction in certain circumstances, so that doesn't clarify anything.

1 hour ago, TonyO said:

Oi, you’re mis-quoting me!