British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

Harris (Rebels rider of the year) was nicked by Birmingham BEFORE the 2019 season had finished, not good edicate by the Brummies! 

....or Harris, although that has become the norm for him to club hop constantly chasing the biggest pay cheque on offer to him.

• Like 1

Apologies, it was not my intention to mis-quote you, in fact it wasn't my intention to quote you at all (I think I know where I went wrong). What I was trying to do was respond to your post and highlight the difference between the average that you have for Ben Barker (7.06) and the average shown in the posts for the 2020 confirmed signings (7.05). I'm not saying your average is wrong. One thing that I don't understand is why there isn't a published list of all eligible riders with their respective averages for 2020.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Harris (Rebels rider of the year) was nicked by Birmingham BEFORE the 2019 season had finished, not good edicate by the Brummies! 

I'm guessing 'edicate' is a south west saying for 'etiquette' ?:D

If Brummies did link Harris before the 2019 season ended, then I'd like to commend our promotion for some excellent 2020 planning in advance! :t:

29 minutes ago, Najjer said:

....or Harris, although that has become the norm for him to club hop constantly chasing the biggest pay cheque on offer to him.

Why wouldn't he when a speedway career is a short one?

Would you change your job for more money if you were just doing the same thing?

• Like 2

Harris gives his all in every race for whoever he's riding for....even when guesting.....he deserves and earns every penny imo!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Col said:

*assuming my spreadsheet is correct* Schlien (8.69), Barker (7.06), Bates (6.49) & Rowe (4.27) leave 14.49.  Add Vissing (8.43) & Nielsen (4.40) to that and there is only 1.66 so think again. Nielsen & Stoneman (2.00) leave 8.09.

Vissing no thanks after his last stint as a Rebel he was awful. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

Vissing no thanks after his last stint as a Rebel he was awful. 

I can’t see Vissing improving on his average, wouldn’t be a good signing for you guys.

20 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Harris gives his all in every race for whoever he's riding for....even when guesting.....he deserves and earns every penny imo!

Except when riding for Glasgow, not every race, just an odd one

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Col said:

*assuming my spreadsheet is correct* Schlien (8.69), Barker (7.06), Bates (6.49) & Rowe (4.27) leave 14.49.  Add Vissing (8.43) & Nielsen (4.40) to that and there is only 1.66 so think again. Nielsen & Stoneman (2.00) leave 8.09.

Try adding BWD and see whats left

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

If Wilson-Dean is on his converted 2019 PL average which is 8.75, it leaves 6.03 for two riders.

1 hour ago, Col said:

If Wilson-Dean is on his converted 2019 PL average which is 8.75, it leaves 6.03 for two riders.

I like Bradders but would he average that? Who knows, wouldn't like to be in Mays shoes.