British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

wilson dean

And so it is. Number 1 on a converted 8.75 average.

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

And so it is. Number 1 on a converted 8.75 average.

Seeing as May expects his converted average to drop. Who has he cynically planned to drop from the team and bring in?

Edited by Islander15

7 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Seeing as May expects his converted average to drop. Who has he cynically planned to drop from the team and bring in?

Nobody I would think as long as they are doing ok. 

Don't get me wrong i'm happy to see Bradders back again as he is entertaining and a nice guy but starting with a massive average like that, is it 8.75? and Rowe starting in the main body. An Aussie 4.00 at reserve for sure now Kennedy, McDonald or Zach Cook. 

9 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

wilson dean

Oh dear. That’s 2 points wasted.

Something’s not right at Somerset, Harris, Morris and Covatti all jumping ship, Bates and Barker strike me as desperation signings, and BWD as No 1 :o  

12 minutes ago, Heedthebaw said:

Something’s not right at Somerset, Harris, Morris and Covatti all jumping ship, Bates and Barker strike me as desperation signings, and BWD as No 1 :o  

Them 3 still a mile better than the dross Berwick are serving up! Replacing Doolan with Bickley :o.

This team looks worse than last years when the Rebels were never really in the mix. BWD is a decent rider but he isn't a No 1 IMO. Ellis or Covatti were much better options and a point lower average. That extra point could have then been used to get a better heat leader than Barker or an upgrade on Bates. I would have also had Starke all day long over Bates on the same average. I can't see this team challenging and they will get some hidings on the road. There doesn't look many riders with a good chance of upping their average which is what successful teams are built on. They maybe entertaining at home but don't look that solid. Just my opinion

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

This team looks worse than last years when the Rebels were never really in the mix. BWD is a decent rider but he isn't a No 1 IMO. Ellis or Covatti were much better options and a point lower average. That extra point could have then been used to get a better heat leader than Barker or an upgrade on Bates. I would have also had Starke all day long over Bates on the same average. I can't see this team challenging and they will get some hidings on the road. There doesn't look many riders with a good chance of upping their average which is what successful teams are built on. They maybe entertaining at home but don't look that solid. Just my opinion

Disagree to an extent, Bradders isn't a number 1 he is exciting and a good guy though.

Barker and Bates are capable of raising their averages tbf though. Bates given a full season could attain a 7.00 average and Barker could be a high 7.00 rider. Rowe could improve too as he did last season although i'm gutted to see him at no. 2.

Also I can see plenty of teams weaker than this one tbh nearly every team so far bar possibly Eastbourne and Birmingham look weaker than they did last season. 

48 minutes ago, emilali said:

Them 3 still a mile better than the dross Berwick are serving up! Replacing Doolan with Bickley :o.

I think not,  Berwick have NOT replaced Doolan with Bickley !  They have built a team within the points limit specified, Just like every other team in the league 

25 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

Disagree to an extent, Bradders isn't a number 1 he is exciting and a good guy though.

Barker and Bates are capable of raising their averages tbf though. Bates given a full season could attain a 7.00 average and Barker could be a high 7.00 rider. Rowe could improve too as he did last season although i'm gutted to see him at no. 2.

Also I can see plenty of teams weaker than this one tbh nearly every team so far bar possibly Eastbourne and Birmingham look weaker than they did last season. 

BWD will drop maybe even by 2 points and you can use that at the bottom end of the team. 

Well its not Kennedy at the bottom. He just announced no team place right now. 

23 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

I think Rowe is the only one I would put money on to up his average. Barker and Bates 'may' up theirs and they 'may not', that's the point, they are probably riders with averages that reflect their ability, you don't look at either and go they will 100% increase their starting average. I hope they do and I will support them, but I don't see either as great value compared to others on similar averages who have a better chance of increasing their starting average IMO.   

7 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Very smart move. Well played Garry May and Debbie Hancock.

After the first set of GSA's BWD's average will take a big hit and Somerset can get rid of Stoneman for someone on a average of 4+. 

I don't agree with all this anti Stoneman speel, Nathan scored good points for the Rebels 2019 I see a 5+ average for 2020.