British Speedway Forum

17 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Very smart move. Well played Garry May and Debbie Hancock.

After the first set of GSA's BWD's average will take a big hit and Somerset can get rid of Stoneman for someone on a average of 4+. 

Or keep Stoneman and replace another, perhaps more-deserving candidate with a bigger scorer.... 

14 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

After the first set of GSA's BWD's average will take a big hit and Somerset can get rid of Stoneman for someone on a average of 4+. 

Seriously ? Why would you start the season knowing you have a rider on an inflated average - don't sign him in the first place if you think that!

Imagine if Rowe increases his average by 2 points after the first set of averages are out, you are then stuffed bringing anyone else in if BWD average does drop. I don't see the logic unless you are telling riders to blatantly reduce their averages early in the season which makes no sense. Why not start a season with riders who you feel will increase or at least attain their starting GSA, sounds novel eh? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

if i was Stoneman , i would tell them where to stick their team spot for 2020 .  very poor way to handle this  if that turns out to be the case .  another young guy maybe lost to the sport if this happens .

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

I don't agree with all this anti Stoneman speel, Nathan scored good points for the Rebels 2019 I see a 5+ average for 2020.

Not a chance he puts 3.00 points on his average. Would need to be getting near 8-10 a meeting all season. 

1 hour ago, RebelDan said:

Seriously ? Why would you start the season knowing you have a rider on an inflated average - don't sign him in the first place if you think that!

Imagine if Rowe increases his average by 2 points after the first set of averages are out, you are then stuffed bringing anyone else in if BWD average does drop. I don't see the logic unless you are telling riders to blatantly reduce their averages early in the season which makes no sense. Why not start a season with riders who you feel will increase or at least attain their starting GSA, sounds novel eh? 

BWD 2018 final average was 6.00 so your promotion will expect a big drop when the new averages come out for May. No-one will put 2 points ON an average in 1 month so there will be scope for or if any changes are required during the first 2 months.

Why all this negativity? I’m going to wait until the season has started before I have an opinion. None of us have any way of knowing how things will pan out. Just saying!!!

4 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

BWD 2018 final average was 6.00 so your promotion will expect a big drop when the new averages come out for May. No-one will put 2 points ON an average in 1 month so there will be scope for or if any changes are required during the first 2 months.

But if he comes in on a converted average it surely would be the start of his rolling average and his previous 6 point average will be irrelevant?

If it is similar to this year, the converted average is for team building only. His rolling average from 2018 plus his accrued scores during April 2020 up to & including the 23rd will give him a new average from the 1st May.

1 hour ago, RebelDan said:

Because it's probably all part of a bigger plan. Once BWD's average drops Somerset can then strengthen the side considerably. Swindon are doing the same imo. Sign Anders Rowe and then sack him once Rasmus Jensen's average drops to get a stronger rider in. 

Rowe doesn't have a chance of increasing his average to 6. 

The league isn't won and lost during the early part of the season.....Somerset only have to qualify for the Play-Offs and then take it from there.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

Or keep Stoneman and replace another, perhaps more-deserving candidate with a bigger scorer.... 

Could do. Doubt it though. Stoneman looks like a short term signing to me and when the first set of GSA's are released. He will be sacrificed for a stronger rider imo. 

3 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Could do. Doubt it though. Stoneman looks like a short term signing to me and when the first set of GSA's are released. He will be sacrificed for a stronger rider imo. 

Don’t know why you keep saying that.

Stoneman is every bit as good as the other 2 to 3 pointers being signed.

There’s as much chance that Bates or Barker would be replaced.

1 hour ago, Ghosty said:

I don't agree with all this anti Stoneman speel, Nathan scored good points for the Rebels 2019 I see a 5+ average for 2020.

I understand he had a couple of good scores towards the end of the season, but on Chris Harris' engine ! he will be ok as long as he has the machinery under him

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Don’t know why you keep saying that.

Stoneman is every bit as good as the other 2 to 3 pointers being signed.

There’s as much chance that Bates or Barker would be replaced.

Young Brits are normally the ones being sacrificed which is why I keep saying Nathan.

I agree though 

11 minutes ago, Tosh1218 said:

Well reading this topic if your a championship side you want Somerset home and away in the first couple of months 

This is Matt ford locking in for Easter bank Hol meeting.