British Speedway Forum

If the master plan is to drop Stoneman and then have x2 4pt riders at reserve then it’s still not an amazing team. History has shown us that you don’t need 2 ‘good’ reserves, but you need 1 ‘excellent’ one and tbh the other will only take 3 rides regardless. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rockstar99 said:

Because it's probably all part of a bigger plan. Once BWD's average drops Somerset can then strengthen the side considerably. Swindon are doing the same imo. Sign Anders Rowe and then sack him once Rasmus Jensen's average drops to get a stronger rider in. 

Rowe doesn't have a chance of increasing his average to 6. 

The league isn't won and lost during the early part of the season.....Somerset only have to qualify for the Play-Offs and then take it from there.

I just used Rowe as an example, I don't think he will either but another rider could or collectively the team could. I agree I think there's a fair chance there will be a change or two with this team come May/June.  

8 minutes ago, blue witch said:

Why does BWD come in on an assessed average?

Because he didn't ride in the Championship last season. Therefore his Premiership average from last season is used and multiplied by 1.6.

Edited by eaglesno1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I don't agree with all this anti Stoneman speel, Nathan scored good points for the Rebels 2019 I see a 5+ average for 2020.

I agree, he`s well capable of a +4 av

I don’t think there is some big master plan for averages to drop and then someone else has already been lined up. I just think that Somerset have been the financial decision to not spend anymore than X amount and therefore the team isn’t anywhere near the standard you would come to expect a few seasons ago. If that is what they have to do to keep the team afloat, then that is what they have to do.

The biggest mistake was not signing Wilson-Dean last season. Why that didn’t happen, I don’t know. He’s now come in on an inflated average that he won’t achieve just to compound the mistake further.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Najjer said:

I don’t think there is some big master plan for averages to drop and then someone else has already been lined up. I just think that Somerset have been the financial decision to not spend anymore than X amount and therefore the team isn’t anywhere near the standard you would come to expect a few seasons ago. If that is what they have to do to keep the team afloat, then that is what they have to do.

The biggest mistake was not signing Wilson-Dean last season. Why that didn’t happen, I don’t know. He’s now come in on an inflated average that he won’t achieve just to compound the mistake further.

Spot on.

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Nail on head Najjer

Someone more financially adept than me will be able to provide more information, but the accounts of Somerset speedway on companies house don't look great.

What they put through the books and what they actually make is probably completely different a lot of cash easy not to show I.e car park fees,etc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, lewy said:

What they put through the books and what they actually make is probably completely different a lot of cash easy not to show I.e car park fees,etc

that could open a can of worms for someone . investigation material !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JCookie said:

Someone more financially adept than me will be able to provide more information, but the accounts of Somerset speedway on companies house don't look great.

The Oak Tree Arena is a different company to Somerset Speedway, which takes all of the revenue from food and drink sales.

• Like 2

I bet BWD is enjoying reading all these negative comments about him. I remember last season at this point when the knives were out for Anders, I posted a thing about watching new guys grow into the team. Sometimes it goes the other way as it did for Atkins. What you will get from Bradley is 100% , we all know Rory is the number one anyway. Number 1 or 5 not much difference, .06 between him and Rory, if it was the other way round Brad would probably start at 5 anyway. 

I said before if Berge hadn’t screwed us over we would have probably gone further in the league, we still won the fours. Get behind our team COYR.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, JCookie said:

Crowds @ Somerset are not brilliant, in my opinion it lacks "younger local" support as the regular supporters come from a large catchment area i.e former Exeter & Bristol fans. I think the promotion lost a small fortune in 2018 & are still recovering. However we have one of the best U.K. racetracks with easy parking, decent food & good toilets. Spectator viewing could be better! The answer is use it or lose it......

• Like 7