British Speedway Forum

Good toilets? you're having a laugh, maybe for normal meeting but not for a meeting like the Pairs. With a portable toilet company on their doorstep how much would it cost for some extra units? A couple on the second bend and one one the third are hardly adequate.

Edited by tyretrax

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

This “use it or lose it” saying that I keep reading on here and other speedway circles is a very dangerous game. How about making it more appealing for fans to attend instead of threatening closure if you don’t? 

Yep totally agree it's just not as appealing as it once was and I think more emphasis goes into the bar than the actual Speedway. Even the racing isn't as good as it once was. I don't go a lot anymore because I live and work in the Midlands and don't drive atm so it's hard. When I do go though it's not the same yes partly because my Uncle (big steve) passing away which makes it hard but also because the atmosphere is just so dull. There just seems no upgrade to the stadium at all like as someone said toilets on the third bend would be great, something for the kids even if it's like a sweet stall. We haven't got a big catchment area so we have to try and entice people from the likes of Exeter, Bristol etc and younger people too. 

5 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

I bet BWD is enjoying reading all these negative comments about him. I remember last season at this point when the knives were out for Anders, I posted a thing about watching new guys grow into the team. Sometimes it goes the other way as it did for Atkins. What you will get from Bradley is 100% , we all know Rory is the number one anyway. Number 1 or 5 not much difference, .06 between him and Rory, if it was the other way round Brad would probably start at 5 anyway. 

I said before if Berge hadn’t screwed us over we would have probably gone further in the league, we still won the fours. Get behind our team COYR.

Agree with that. Schlein is clearly still good enough to be a number 1 in this league and probably will be soon after the season starts so I don't see it as a problem.

Until then BWD might find it a bit of a struggle away at first but at home he'll be fine there. Overall it might be a bit much to ask him to keep that average but I think he'll have a good year and finish close to 8.00

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gusworld said:

At least with BWD, Bates and Barker in the team racing at OTA will be interesting and value for money. 

.... unless they all crash out in the first meeting!

On 12/3/2019 at 1:08 PM, Buttons said:

I understand he had a couple of good scores towards the end of the season, but on Chris Harris' engine ! he will be ok as long as he has the machinery under him

I've heard he has a decent and reasonably well known sponsor.

On 12/4/2019 at 11:50 AM, tyretrax said:

Good toilets? you're having a laugh, maybe for normal meeting but not for a meeting like the Pairs. With a portable toilet company on their doorstep how much would it cost for some extra units? A couple on the second bend and one one the third are hardly adequate.

Toilets....... Judged by some other tracks Somersets toilets are brilliant, you single out the pairs (a BSPA shared event) this is a once a year event a bit like Glastonbury! with the later staging in 2019 I think the size of crowd was underestimated. Not a great subject but toilets have very low priority within speedway, could be why it's mainly males that go, if you have ever taken your wife, girlfriend or daughter one visit to the looes & its an instance fear of ever returning. 

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Toilets....... Judged by some other tracks Somersets toilets are brilliant, you single out the pairs (a BSPA shared event) this is a once a year event a bit like Glastonbury! with the later staging in 2019 I think the size of crowd was underestimated. Not a great subject but toilets have very low priority within speedway, could be why it's mainly males that go, if you have ever taken your wife, girlfriend or daughter one visit to the looes & its an instance fear of ever returning. 

Since Glasgow has been refurbished , there has been a large increase of females, especially younger ones attending. Before refurb, you just wouldn't use the toilets as they must have been the worst in the country, no light only 2 female toilets in the stadium. Now they are plush, with running hot water, having nice toilets do make a difference for us women who attend speedway, Glasgow crowds are now about 50/50 male and female, so I would say that it should be a bit more of a priority. That may be a reason why crowds are going down in places. I go to the pairs event, track and racing brilliant but viewing is awful, especially for short people like me and not enought toilets, and they ran out of programmes 1hr before start of meeting, which was shocking.

• Like 4

Programmes BSPA responsibility but would think toilets were Somersets 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sugarray said:

Programmes BSPA responsibility but would think toilets were Somersets 

They made a huge miscalculation re numbers required for Programmes, pairs is always well attended as it is day before Cardiff GP , although I did notice more Premiership fans than usual, probably there to see the double up riders. In saying that , I felt last years field was the strongest for a very long time.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ghosty said:

I know it's a once a year event, that's why I said the toilets were adequate for normal crowds but not the Pairs.:rolleyes::drink:

Edited by tyretrax

15 hours ago, dorothy58 said:

They made a huge miscalculation re numbers required for Programmes, pairs is always well attended as it is day before Cardiff GP , although I did notice more Premiership fans than usual, probably there to see the double up riders. In saying that , I felt last years field was the strongest for a very long time.

Made the same mistake in the Fours this year as well, sold out a good 30 mins before the start

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

Made the same mistake in the Fours this year as well, sold out a good 30 mins before the start

Obviously the BSPA don't  keep an eye on how popular these championship events are, they are always well attended

21 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Obviously the BSPA don't  keep an eye on how popular these championship events are, they are always well attended

Thought they would get an idea when they stuff away the previous takings !!

• Like 1