British Speedway Forum

6 hours ago, CountyGround said:

Easter Holiday fixtures........ If we can get Poole great! BUT NOT if riders are missing because of double up/down or overseas.

League fixtures, there should be a limit on missing riders. If say 3? riders are known to be unavailable then alternative dates should be arranged. 

P.S. that's 3 riders total not per team, the sport needs credibility. 

Championship should take priority on good Friday as it’s outside of the chosen race nights for the Premiership.

• Like 6

On 12/14/2019 at 9:24 AM, CountyGround said:

Easter Holiday fixtures........ If we can get Poole great! BUT NOT if riders are missing because of double up/down or overseas.

League fixtures, there should be a limit on missing riders. If say 3? riders are known to be unavailable then alternative dates should be arranged. 

P.S. that's 3 riders total not per team, the sport needs credibility. 

With Poole and Somerset wanting to run in the evening this isn't going to happen.

As I've put on the Eastbourne thread - Good Friday  at Poole was originally announced for Middlo's Testimonial!!

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

As I've put on the Eastbourne thread - Good Friday  at Poole was originally announced for Middlo's Testimonial!!

With the Poole coffers not what they once were, why would you give up possibly your biggest pay-day of the season for a testimonial?

With Middlo's renowned rider connections a barren date would be far better date for the man himself. A top quality line-up (with some riders not U.K. based) would be reflected by a huge crowd. 

Very quiet on the Somerset front! anyone know of any news, what about any working parties to do some DIY like filling in the holes in the car park. 

Congratulations Zac, we look forward to welcoming you to the Somerset Rebels.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, james1234 said:

BWD has withdrawn from the team for this season as he needs to rest his shoulder for 6 months 

Very disappointing for everyone but probably a blessing in disguise for Somerset given his average.

• Like 1

Why does this always happen at a time when it will be so difficult to get a replacement. Tungate ?

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Cliffeboy said:

Why does this always happen at a time when it will be so difficult to get a replacement. Tungate ?

Rohan was my first thought too.

Pontus Aspgren may also be an option but think the flights situation may prevent that.

2 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

No idea on averages and if he even fits, but I thought he was fairly settled with a Polish team too? Again my knowledge isn’t what it once was with who rides where and when.

A real shame there is no BWD as he was the one of the few glimmers of light in this team and will put a huge dampener for many Somerset fans. Hopefully they manage to find someone suitable and not a duffer. I could see Stoneman being bombed out also for a couple of second strings.

1 hour ago, drew2 said:

Rohan was my first thought too.

Pontus Aspgren may also be an option but think the flights situation may prevent that.

Not sure why Aspgren never came back, as he was quality. Presumably as you say flights and costs etc.

What about Bellego? Absolute mustard at the OTA, there is few better!

• Like 2

Any rider coming in who didn't ride in CL last year would have a 1.6 x wouldn't they? based on PL average.

Tungate would be on 10.54!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1