British Speedway Forum

On 12/5/2019 at 4:15 PM, Cookiefan said:

Since Glasgow has been refurbished , there has been a large increase of females, especially younger ones attending. Before refurb, you just wouldn't use the toilets as they must have been the worst in the country, no light only 2 female toilets in the stadium. Now they are plush, with running hot water, having nice toilets do make a difference for us women who attend speedway, Glasgow crowds are now about 50/50 male and female, so I would say that it should be a bit more of a priority. That may be a reason why crowds are going down in places. I go to the pairs event, track and racing brilliant but viewing is awful, especially for short people like me and not enought toilets, and they ran out of programmes 1hr before start of meeting, which was shocking.

Totally agree, I am always fearful when my partner has to use the stadium toilets.

14 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Have to disagree. Has only ever average 6 in the champ. Hasn’t really proven to be an 8 point rider. 

Also staying fit is a key component of being a sport men’s. Don’t really ever see why it’s brought up. The best riders stay fit. 

He averaged over 6 in Somerset's last PL season and again for Peterborough last year until his injury so he's clearly capable of more in the CL. I don't see much difference between him and Jake Allen tbh, last season together at Somerset in 2018 BWD averaged slightly higher, last season Allen similarly slightly higher.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Cheese said:

He averaged over 6 in Somerset's last PL season and again for Peterborough last year until his injury so he's clearly capable of more in the CL. I don't see much difference between him and Jake Allen tbh, last season together at Somerset in 2018 BWD averaged slightly higher, last season Allen similarly slightly higher.

Still has never done it in the champ. 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 9:19 PM, poolebolton said:

Have to disagree. Has only ever average 6 in the champ. Hasn’t really proven to be an 8 point rider. 

Also staying fit is a key component of being a sport men’s. Don’t really ever see why it’s brought up. The best riders stay fit. 

What a ridiculous statement, I could easily name half a dozen world class riders who didn't "stay fit", there's a lot of luck with any motor sport.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, SomersetBlue said:

Any news yet? I trust May but he certainly has a job on his hand. 

Question to all you number cruncher's on here: who are the riders available who fit average wise? 

Edited February 21 by CountyGround        Don't think there were any names suggested?  what about Pedersen with a B?

Get the feeling he may change a couple to make us competitive if there is no obvious heat leader available. 

• Like 2

Random comment, but how strong does the 2015 side seem now? Especially for a second tier side!

Josh Grajczonek, Brady Kurtz, Richie Worrall, Charles Wright, Paul Starke, Rasmus Jensen & Oliver Greenwood!

8 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

Get the feeling he may change a couple to make us competitive if there is no obvious heat leader available. 

Makes a mockery of not waiting to get Covatti back in the first place 

9 hours ago, RebelDan said:

Makes a mockery of not waiting to get Covatti back in the first place 

Nico told Poole and Somerset he wasn't riding in the UK this season.

2 hours ago, sugarray said:

Nico told Poole and Somerset he wasn't riding in the UK this season.

That’s my point as he is though !

15 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Random comment, but how strong does the 2015 side seem now? Especially for a second tier side!

Josh Grajczonek, Brady Kurtz, Richie Worrall, Charles Wright, Paul Starke, Rasmus Jensen & Oliver Greenwood!

Decent Prem team now. Can’t compare back then though.

• Like 4

Would need to change a few riders and clashes with Denmark, makes it a non starter I would think

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Does B-arnie Pedersen fit average wise?  good mate of Gazza!

Think he'd be closer to 11 than 10.

• Like 1