British Speedway Forum

35 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Good signing. Does he start as the second heat leader?

I think at 4, with Bates, stick Barker in at 5.

Looks a really interesting team, not the same old names, good to see new faces with potential that we can follow their progress throughout the season. I predict many last heat deciders.

• Like 2

I would have been happy if Becker had ended up at Birmingham so I presume that he not got a Polish team this year..I predict he will be in the GPs in a couple of years..

6 hours ago, Cliffeboy said:

I think at 4, with Bates, stick Barker in at 5.

To start with what about Luke at 2 at the OTA with Rory in heat 1?  Anders at 3 with Bates at 4. Agree with Ben at 5.

Might move that around away from home though.

1 hour ago, drew2 said:

To start with what about Luke at 2 at the OTA with Rory in heat 1?  Anders at 3 with Bates at 4. Agree with Ben at 5.

Might move that around away from home though.

Unless the rules have changed (?) Luke will have to start at No 5 as he is 2nd in the averages.

10 minutes ago, RebelDan said:

Unless the rules have changed (?) Luke will have to start at No 5 as he is 2nd in the averages.

Don't think it's like that anymore, position 2 - 5 I believe. 

• Like 1

Top averages at #1

Bottom 2 averages at #6 & #7

The rest of the positions are free.

• Like 2

I guess the theory that Becker work permit doesn't allow him to ride the Championship was total *%$£ then!

I think he'll be a great signing for the Rebels, might be a little hit & miss away from home as he will not have seen most of the tracks before but give him a little time.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Col said:

I guess the theory that Becker work permit doesn't allow him to ride the Championship was total *%$£ then!

I think he'll be a great signing for the Rebels, might be a little hit & miss away from home as he will not have seen most of the tracks before but give him a little time.

He had to apply for a second visa. The one he had (like Jack Holder’s) only allowed him to race in one league

• Like 2

On 3/6/2020 at 8:35 PM, kopite92 said:

Luke Becker replaces BWD

Brilliant signing!

I bet there'll be a few alterations on the 'prediction thread' ? : )

2 hours ago, Col said:

Seemingly,  you don't know how this works. Somerset (who are holders of a sponsors licence) must have agreed terms, with Luke Becker and now applied for and received a work permit for him to ride in the championship. He needs  a separate work permit, for each league (Premier and Championship), which well done Somerset, they have secured.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Seemingly,  you don't know how this works. Somerset (who are holders of a sponsors licence) must have agreed terms, with Luke Becker and now applied for and received a work permit for him to ride in the championship. He needs  a separate work permit, for each league (Premier and Championship), which well done Somerset, they have secured.

That would explain why he couldn't sign for Brummies then as I believe Brummies current Promoters don't have a Work Permit in place to offer

2 hours ago, HGould said:

That would explain why he couldn't sign for Brummies then as I believe Brummies current Promoters don't have a Work Permit in place to offer

Yes I believe that is correct. I don't think Birmingham, have a sponsors licence, to enable them to obtain visa's and work permits.

• Like 1

Starting to sound a bit like a firm of Solicitors with the newcomers though!:D

Barker, Becker, Bates and Cook

• Haha 2